Australian state to pay $330m for withdrawing as 2026 Commonwealth Games

https://str.sg/i5Kk

SYDNEY - Australia’s Victoria state will pay A$380 million (S$330 million) to Commonwealth Games organisers, Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews said on Saturday, after it withdrew as 2026 event host citing a projected cost blowout.

Victoria in July pulled out of hosting the quadrennial multi-sport event, which was to have been held in four regional hubs, with Mr Andrews saying costs could have ballooned to more than A$7 billion from a budgeted A$2.6 billion.

The decision has raised the possibility that the Games may not take place for the first time since being cancelled due to the Second World War.

Never host even and wasted $330 millions!!!!
Wow! Why SCY never KPKB....🤣🤣🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Wow what SG spent hosting Youth Olympics turns out to be a drop in the ocean compared to AUS 330M total loss.

Synthia bang balls siah...
[+] 2 users Like lylcnn's post

I must say that the Australian electorate is a very forgiving lot!

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(12-03-2024, 01:06 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  Wow what SG spent hosting Youth Olympics turns out to be a drop in the ocean compared to AUS 330M total loss.

Synthia bang balls siah...

Yep, his balls are exploding now..🤣🤣🤣

(12-03-2024, 01:09 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I must say that the Australian electorate is a very forgiving lot!

According to SCY, that is stupiak people..🤭
We Singaporean are more kind, in forgiveness.😊

Maybe it's time to scrap the Commonwealth Games for good.

(12-03-2024, 01:32 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Maybe it's time to scrap the Commonwealth Games for good.

Better also scrap Olympics in Brisbane in 2032