Gerald Giam: We need to attract Singaporeans to work in industries that are

Gerald Giam: We need to attract Singaporeans to work in industries that are currently over-dependent on foreign workers

https://theindependent.sg/gerald-giam-we...n-workers/

Cleaning construction marine etc need to sweat jobs no takers becuz pay low. Maybe those blow aircon job role reduce pay and increase pay for those need to sweat under the sun will attract more locals?

(25-02-2023, 12:15 PM)sgh Wrote:  Cleaning construction marine etc need to sweat jobs no takers becuz pay low. Maybe those blow aircon job role reduce pay and increase pay for those need to sweat under the sun will attract more locals?

With low wages and had to sweat in the sun, I am not surprised that there are no Singaporean workers................... Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(25-02-2023, 12:17 PM)debono Wrote:  With low wages and had to sweat in the sun, I am not surprised that there are no Singaporean workers................... Big Grin
Yes , mostly foreigners because local can't accept low key and hard labour job
[+] 1 user Likes Oasis's post

(25-02-2023, 12:27 PM)Oasis Wrote:  Yes , mostly foreigners because local can't accept low key and hard labour job

If they pay 5k as cleaner see locals want to do or not? Then manager blow aircon drop to 2k see locals want to do which job. It all come down to monies lar.

FW(blue collar menial job) is different from FT ( white collar job)

(25-02-2023, 12:29 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  FW(blue collar menial job) is different from FT ( white collar job)

FW (blue collar) job will be shun by locals.  But FT(white collar) jobs are mostly taken by CECAs, Pinoys and Ah Tiongs............................. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Why we complain while FREE RIDERS like Jac Lau

enjoy the fruits of our efforts

to be a Hypocrite to praise PAP instead?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(25-02-2023, 12:41 PM)Ola Wrote:  Why we complain while FREE RIDERS like Jac Lau

enjoy the fruits of our efforts

to be a Hypocrite to praise PAP instead?

Jac Lau will praise PAP for everything............................. Big Grin

WP must define which sectors, else easily rebut.
No all jobs are suitable, not just blue collar but
also or more white collar.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(25-02-2023, 12:55 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  WP must define which sectors, else easily rebut.
No all jobs are suitable, not just blue collar but
also or more white collar.

Gerald Giam, must emphases that white collar jobs are being snatched away by CECA, Myanmar, Pinoys and Ah Tiongs......................... Big Grin

What he said is true. Need to increase pay for blue collar job. Exercise as you earn.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

" . . . the need to attract Singaporeans to work in industries that are currently overly dependent on foreign employees"

---------------------------------

MOE & MOM are in cohorts to make sure

that good jobs are given to CECA

1 million IT, 240 Doctors . . . .

(25-02-2023, 12:33 PM)debono Wrote:  FW (blue collar) job will be shun by locals.  But FT(white collar) jobs are mostly taken by CECAs, Pinoys and Ah Tiongs............................. Big Grin
Now company practice refuse to recruit Singaporean unless cheaper than FW/FT.

a mess up place in sg. yet we paid so many for our gov.
[+] 1 user Likes jus4lucky's post

(25-02-2023, 01:52 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  a mess up place in sg. yet we paid so many for our gov.

The problem is the ministers leading the civil service fail to organise their work forces properly to effectively execute their functions. Inefficient yet expensive.
[+] 2 users Like dynamite's post

Attract them then need to increase their pay. However, the pie is only so big. If u increase their pay then it must be taken from somewhere. The only way is to make the salary gap between different profession smaller.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(25-02-2023, 12:15 PM)sgh Wrote:  Cleaning construction marine etc need to sweat jobs no takers becuz pay low. Maybe those blow aircon job role reduce pay and increase pay for those need to sweat under the sun will attract more locals?

(25-02-2023, 12:17 PM)debono Wrote:  With low wages and had to sweat in the sun, I am not surprised that there are no Singaporean workers................... Big Grin

I don't like such jobs lah! Big Grin You like meh?  Thinking

(25-02-2023, 02:14 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I don't like such jobs lah! Big Grin You like meh?  Thinking

Give you 5-10k per month do or not?
[+] 2 users Like sgh's post

(25-02-2023, 02:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  Give you 5-10k per month do or not?

Give me the money lah! Big Grin The job you do lah!

At the end it is pay vs effort loh.

If parties in sinkie land is serious abt blue collar worker job, then start taking in candidates of blue collar job background.

Worker party as it name suggest, should represent workers most.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

They want Singaporeans to become nurses but don't want to up the pay lah.
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(25-02-2023, 12:45 PM)debono Wrote:  Jac Lau will praise PAP for everything............................. Big Grin

Many jhk like to plp that's why MIW head very swollen. Jhk fed poison into their head.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Actually, MOM has so many problems giving rise to

Inequality, Ageism, Career stagnation, 7 Unlevel Playing Field

CPF insufficiency, National Unidentity, FTs replacing us in jobs, Under- employment . . . .

Sack JoTeo, lah

It is all about the salary. In the West, truck driver, plumber paid higher than mid management in Administrative job. Bankers. 

It depends on what is the society values. 

Because in Asia, we have a abundance of lower skill level human resources. Many countries taking the easy way out.

In Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, China, Korea and even in Japan lately. All used foreigners for lower paid jobs.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

I think all along we have laborers from foreign countries.

But we became dependent on foreigners for all sorts of other jobs jncluding jobs Singaporeans would like to have.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(25-02-2023, 12:33 PM)debono Wrote:  FW (blue collar) job will be shun by locals.  But FT(white collar) jobs are mostly taken by CECAs, Pinoys and Ah Tiongs............................. Big Grin

🥺😡😡😡😡