UOB Fixed Deposit of 3.95% extended to 31 Dec 2022

(07-12-2022, 01:15 PM)Levin Wrote:  Boh bian. They held an enormous savings from Singapore savers. They don't really need that much extra cash.

DBS is a treasury bank. I am going to transfer all my fund out of DBS in 1 week time. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-12-2022, 01:13 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Above $50k is 3.85%
Below $50k is 3.5%

Only for online.

Over the counter is a different rate

(07-12-2022, 12:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You can always transfer CPF OA to SA to get 4% if that is what you want.

That is one way to overcome the difference...... Clapping Laughing

(07-12-2022, 12:55 PM)debono Wrote:  Bank give 4+%.but CPF only give 2.5%. therefore, which is better.... Big Grin

If I rem correctly, CPF only computes interest on a monthly basis, using the lowest balance of the month.
So when transferring OA fund out for FD, best is to do so in the first 3 weeks of the month.

Otherwise when the FD matures (eg in 12 months times), the fund transfer back to CPF may end up in the following month, which means a total of 14 months of lost OA interest -- i.e. 1 month less of the 2.5% interest.

With people moving so much money to FD in the bank the bank will be flush with liquidity and they will lessen demand to borrow from over night market . ....you see the SORA rate suddenly plunge yesterday.

One has to realise the high FD rates are just not sustainable because Singaporeans savings is so crazy high levels 
It will keep supplying the markets with cheap sing dollars.
[Image: UjUxlWQ.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-12-2022, 01:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  With people moving so much money to FD in the bank the bank will be flush with liquidity and they will lessen demand to borrow from over night market . ....you see the SORA rate suddenly plunge yesterday.

One has to realise the high FD rates are just not sustainable because Singaporeans savings is so crazy high levels 

You cannot just blindly see Sora rate. 
There is still a bank spread rate(fixed rate)lah!
Did the bank change it or not?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

A sea of green…

Get prepare for bond rate to hit 5%.
Song Boh!
Recent USD plunging means Inflation will pick up strongly again.

[Image: F155-D254-EA3-D-4-F5-F-94-F4-2-AE9-CC686574.png]

Jialat! Short term bond rates keep going up

No more cheap $$$…
Song Boh!

(06-12-2022, 11:08 PM)Alleggsinonebasket Wrote:  [Image: k25yXHA.png]

https://shrtco.de/LRnSgq

Many conditions?

(07-12-2022, 03:22 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Many conditions?

FD usually doesn't have conditions besides the minimum amount and the time period (I go for 12 months).

The only FD that I have come across that has extra conditions is Maybank. So I avoid the bank since then.

I have come across a MAXIMUM amount condition for POSB/DBS FD.

(07-12-2022, 01:24 PM)sgxin Wrote:  If I rem correctly, CPF only computes interest on a monthly basis, using the lowest balance of the month.
So when transferring OA fund out for FD, best is to do so in the first 3 weeks of the month.

Otherwise when the FD matures (eg in 12 months times), the fund transfer back to CPF may end up in the following month, which means a total of 14 months of lost OA interest -- i.e. 1 month less of the 2.5% interest.

Thanks for your inputs...... Wink Rolleyes

(07-12-2022, 01:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  With people moving so much money to FD in the bank the bank will be flush with liquidity and they will lessen demand to borrow from over night market . ....you see the SORA rate suddenly plunge yesterday.

u see wrong one. the loans are based on 3m average.

(07-12-2022, 02:36 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  A sea of green…

Get prepare for bond rate to hit 5%.
Song Boh!
Recent USD plunging means Inflation will pick up strongly again.

[Image: F155-D254-EA3-D-4-F5-F-94-F4-2-AE9-CC686574.png]

sg butt still thinking fed will pivot and qe again.

(07-12-2022, 12:27 AM)sogo Wrote:  Boc issit go fd inside transferred back to savings means cancel fd Liao?

Plus boc if I put one month matured Liao the interest appears where? I got one from 7 Nov to 7 Dec just now I go in check still no interest one?
For all FDs in BOC, upon maturity, you need to go to the bank and interest will be credited as per the percentage given. This interest wil be added to yr principle amt. 12 mths FD is 3.7% for 50k abv.

(07-12-2022, 05:24 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  For all FDs in BOC, upon maturity, you need to go to the bank and interest will be credited as per the percentage given. This interest wil be added to yr principle amt. 12 mths FD is 3.7% for 50k abv.

i tried on app liao. no need go bank. just see which term deposit matured liao. go inside transferred back to savings acct then interest will be credited together.

(07-12-2022, 03:22 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Many conditions?

Need to read the fine prints............ Rotfl

(07-12-2022, 05:18 PM)sogo Wrote:  sg butt still thinking fed will pivot and qe again.

I am waiting for US trade war with EU.
China will help EU to fight back trade war against US.
Time for EU to show unity.
A strong EU is good for China.

(07-12-2022, 05:34 PM)sogo Wrote:  i tried on app liao. no need go bank. just see which term deposit matured liao. go inside transferred back to savings acct then interest will be credited together.
My correction. Hv just checked earlier with BOC. It is 3.95% for 12 mths with 50k abv.

(07-12-2022, 06:15 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  My correction. Hv just checked earlier with BOC. It is 3.95% for 12 mths with 50k abv.
This is quite an attractive proposition........... Laughing Clapping

(07-12-2022, 06:15 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  My correction. Hv just checked earlier with BOC. It is 3.95% for 12 mths with 50k abv.

no lor. above 50k is 4% now. cimb 4.15%.

(07-12-2022, 06:18 PM)debono Wrote:  This is quite an attractive proposition........... Laughing Clapping
yeah. Abt half mth ago, I hv placed at only 3.8%. Anyway, doesn’t make much diff.

(07-12-2022, 01:14 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: hExWAZy.jpg]

Just go for CIMB FD. UOB latest FD is a joke.

I wait for interest rate to hit 5% then put

(08-12-2022, 12:23 AM)pinkypanther Wrote:  I wait for interest rate to hit 5% then put

I am waiting for 8%