Contractor for 5 BTO projects in Bt Batok, Clementi, Bt Panjang & W'lands goes bust

5 BTO projects in Bukit Batok, Clementi, Bukit Panjang and Woodlands face further delays as contractor goes bust, Housing News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

buy ready or resale units better. there're always hidden costs in waiting for future ones.

How they go bust at ever increasing price of BTO? Who makan all the profit$$$?

Contractor killed by the rising iron ore/steel rebar prices?

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/marke...-analytics

Sub sub sub until bust..haha..good la..actually not bust la...they quit. They know manpower going up so quit now better. Company bust individual not bankrupt.

(26-08-2021, 03:37 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Contractor killed by the rising iron ore/steel rebar prices?

Possible? Although iron ore dropped like a rock since July from around 220 to 160. Maybe too late to help them.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/comm...-ore-price

Govt No help meh? Cannot be la

Only check external factors... progress of work n slow down indications... in endemic sud closely monitor financially n more communications 
[Image: Thinking.gif]

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

unexpected or unprepared?
granting projects to companies whose cash holdings are limited is unprofessional. those construction companies depending on prompt hdb payment are simply a surviving on hand to mouth just like ordinary renovation contractors who collects deposit to build n pay for initial work then collects again for initial work done. who cant finance? ask any contractor. you can do it with zero in your bank ac.

Take lowest bid some more? Many government tender take lowest bid then the civil servants shake legs. When things happen, then they come out action and blame the contractors. They should blame themselves.

Now the bighest problem headache is for conyractors to get good hard working reliable workers ..in extremely short supply ..

Everything stops , no talk when u dont have labour, biggest factor of production...

Its very clear when you have a project s continuous payment by authority ,why can go bust?
Many worry no project and non payment.

with unexpected covid and raising cost, better to declare bankrupt than honour the contracts.

Bid low, workers lock-up, cost goes up... better declare bankrupt first.

40-year-old company gone like that. Haiz.

"Financial difficulties" can mean thousands and one thing..

Cannot reached the next payment milestone, but bank loan repayment knocking at the company's door??

Part and parcel of life in business..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(26-08-2021, 03:43 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Sub sub sub until bust..haha..good la..actually not bust la...they quit. They know manpower going up so quit now better. Company bust individual not bankrupt.

Ya they cut loss....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Pandemic lah. I saw almost all construction projects delayed due to travel restriction of foreign workers, building materials and heavy equipment. Cost also went up a few folds since the start of this pandemic. So contractors minimize loss by throwing in the towels early....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

expected
gov think everyone are ok
keep pushing up cost or passing cost to us

Good luck to the BTO buyers?

More bankrupts will come....
Become Ghost BTOs.

No more free $$$.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-08-2021, 03:36 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  How they go bust at ever increasing price of BTO? Who makan all the profit$$$?

Not scam meh???  Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-08-2021, 03:54 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Govt No help meh? Cannot be la

No garment will help property crisis.

what co name

(26-08-2021, 05:29 PM)Levin Wrote:  40-year-old company gone like that. Haiz.

[Image: Screenshot-20210826-230011.jpg]

(26-08-2021, 10:54 PM)Talent Wrote:  what co name

Great Earth,

(26-08-2021, 11:01 PM)alanis Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20210826-230011.jpg]

Wah, so old?  Different from the info (incorporated in 1981) I got here at sgpbusiness: https://www.sgpbusiness.com/company/Grea...on-Pte-Ltd

It is a subsidiary of Greatearth Pte Ltd which is even newer, just 11 years old.

Maybe different companies with the same name?