S'pore man buys S$1,961 iPhone from Shopee, gets 4 plastic bags & wooden block

https://mothership.sg/2023/01/iphone-pla...ag-parcel/

Stupid to pay so much for a cheap phone.

Haha shopee...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Why don't they just buy from Apple Store?

Wow, I haven't been following up with Apple prices for a while and an iPhone costs $2,000 now!? Bizarre that so many people are willing to pay so much for a phone that really is no different from other much cheaper phones.

I understand in a lot of poorer countries like Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia etc. iPhone is seen as a status symbol like a Hermes bag, but I don't understand why in Singapore it is so popular despite the highly inflated prices.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

(12-01-2023, 03:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Haha shopee...
wats so funny?

(12-01-2023, 07:56 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Wow, I haven't been following up with Apple prices for a while and an iPhone costs $2,000 now!? Bizarre that so many people are willing to pay so much for a phone that really is no different from other much cheaper phones.

I understand in a lot of poorer countries like Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia etc. iPhone is seen as a status symbol like a Hermes bag, but I don't understand why in Singapore it is so popular despite the highly inflated prices.
Who says it is popular in SG?
Lawrence Wong? Chan Chun Seng? OYK?
Or Lhl? Or MAS?

(12-01-2023, 09:00 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Who says it is popular in SG?
Lawrence Wong? Chan Chun Seng? OYK?
Or Lhl? Or MAS?

iPhone is the #1 market leader in Singapore https://www.statista.com/statistics/9387...le-brands/
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

His one is considered cheap. 256 storage is $2,000 plus.

Smartphones so expensive one meh? I got mine for a few hundred dollars only.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

He though he can get something cheap at this price.

(12-01-2023, 09:12 AM)theold Wrote:  He though he can get something cheap at this price.

He did. Got plastic bags and wooden block.

Buy branded stuff online must be careful. There are always some tell-tale signs. Someone here also bought a fake moonswatch from Lazada.

I dun understand, the seller really thinks he can pull this off?

For phone, if the storage is big and the screen size is big, the battery consumption is very fast. 2-3 hours, iPhone, the battery is halved. By noon, it is left with 25%.

Why not the other way the buyer received the phone and make up story saying he didn’t received ?

(12-01-2023, 11:08 AM)Cmpunk Wrote:  Why not the other way the buyer received the phone and make up story saying he didn’t received ?

That is the problem and chance one has to take, for buying stuff on line............... crying

Dont confirm the order.Just cancel the order. You will get back your refund. Shopee has payment guarantee period.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: 5-E09-E6-C5-F892-4648-BAE2-8-D59169-BB695.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(12-01-2023, 11:15 AM)debono Wrote:  That is the problem and chance one has to take, for buying stuff on line............... crying

The risk is very low if you don’t be like a blur sotong. I have ordered from so many platforms.

Ya, this is why dont listen to 1 side of the story.
Just feedback to Shopee customer service personnel. They are quite friendly.

So big company wont makan your small $$$.

(12-01-2023, 12:55 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Ya, this is why dont listen to 1 side of the story.
Just feedback to Shopee customer service personnel. They are quite friendly.

So big company wont makan your small $$$.

You have given good advice............. Clapping