REASONS why many hawkers/shokeepers not accepting cdc vouchers

LUCKILY THE IDIOTIC SCHOLAR STILL HV A BIT OF BRAIN TO THINK  NOT TO  COME UP W THIS DIGITAL VOUCHERS DID NOT SPECIFIED THAT TO REDEEM MUST PRODUCE IDENTIFACTIONS TO PROVE THE RIGHTFUL OWNER AS THE VOUCHERS HV A CODE FOR TRACING

(23-12-2021, 11:08 AM)Levin Wrote:  A lot of the elderly in my neighbourhood don't even have smartphones (not because they don't want to keep up with the times but because they need to be frugal with their savings). So they have to queue at the CC to get the paper versions.

One guy quite unlucky. His paper voucher got wrinkled and so cannot be scanned. I dunno what happened next. Maybe can get updated once I met him again.

I only say this PAP is really crap, they don't even have a firm target which direction to go, so anyhow go really " gamble " well GIC TS Holdings all under one roof, just Throw eggs in many baskets surely one hit jackpot but the problem how many baskets they already throw the eggs into vs Profit gain after minus these eggs been thrown are in huge losses?

i saw fr facebk someone complained that the hawkers refused to accept cdc vouchers on wk ends.
means face value of these troublesome ouchers deprecaites on wk end ??

(26-12-2021, 12:27 PM)talky Wrote:  i saw fr facebk someone complained that the hawkers refused to accept cdc vouchers on wk ends.
means face value of these troublesome ouchers deprecaites on wk end ??

Weekends more people and very busy. No time to scan and make clients wait and causing chaos...... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Many dun even wanna paste the sticker ….  Angry

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Those popular stalls with high turnover will tell you directly that they don't accept. 

Proud bastards making tons of money even during this difficult time. 

It is right that the  authorities should audit their accounts.

(26-12-2021, 01:24 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Those popular stalls with high turnover will tell you directly that they don't accept. 

Proud bastards making tons of money even during this difficult time. 

It is right that the  authorities should audit their accounts.

All hawker stalls should accept CDC vouchers, they don't accept cos it is an extra work to  scan the paper vouchers.  With cash payments they just need to collect the cold hard cash and bank it in, it is less troublesome for them........ Angry

(26-12-2021, 01:34 PM)debono Wrote:  All hawker stalls should accept CDC vouchers, they don't accept cos it is an extra work to  scan the paper vouchers.  With cash payments they just need to collect the cold hard cash and bank it in, it is less troublesome for them........ Angry

why overpaid  scholars do not foresee this problem.they only dine in restaurants n go to shopping malls not neighbourhodd shops?

(26-12-2021, 01:41 PM)talky Wrote:  why overpaid  scholars do not foresee this problem.they only dine in restaurants n go to shopping malls not neighbourhodd shops?

Those overpaid scholars don't dine in hawker centres and therefore don't appreciate the problem they had created.... Angry Clapping

(26-12-2021, 01:44 PM)debono Wrote:  Those overpaid scholars don't dine in hawker centres and therefore don't appreciate the problem they had created.... Angry Clapping

the scholar boss also cant be free fr any blame
if he is an understanding n hv a  foresight boss shld  stand up n shoulder it.
he approved this method.

(22-12-2021, 10:47 AM)Levin Wrote:  They is however a disadvantage with the paper QR code vouchers. If they get wrinkled or creased, they cannot be scanned and the voucher will be deemed unusable. Most probably, they will have to be downloaded as digital vouchers to be used instead which makes it inconvenient or impossible for my elderly neighbours.

elderly neighbours can go CC and get the printed papers.   very possible.

QR code is robust, it will still be recognised if get wrinkled, creased, or some part cut away.

you are technically challenged.

(26-12-2021, 04:46 PM)drgn Wrote:  elderly neighbours can go CC and get the printed papers.   very possible.

QR code is robust, it will still be recognised if get wrinkled, creased, or some part cut away.

you are technically challenged.

No lah. The guy whose QR code was wrinkled told me the minimart scanned several times and it cannot be scanned. He felt bad because the queue behind him was long so he paid in cash instead so as not to let the queuers wait and wait. Nothing to do with me. I am doing the digital way.

(27-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Levin Wrote:  No lah. The guy whose QR code was wrinkled told me the minimart scanned several times and it cannot be scanned. He felt bad because the queue behind him was long so he paid in cash instead so as not to let the queuers wait and wait. Nothing to do with me. I am doing the digital way.

the origin paper quality for the CDC voucher is better than the normal print out ones.
The Agenda again is pushing e payment so Gov can trace those hawkers, stall owners TAXES hehe

(27-12-2021, 12:52 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  the origin paper quality for the CDC voucher is better than the normal print out ones.
The Agenda again is pushing e payment so Gov can trace those hawkers, stall owners TAXES hehe

Based on what I have seen, the quality of the printed ones is pretty good. The A4 paper is not those cheaper thin ones. Well, at least those in my neighbourhood. Not sure if the paper type is standardized across all CCs.

All Singaporean households will receive a notification letter on how to claim their CDC vouchers at go.gov.sg/cdcv. Only one member of each household needs to log in via Singpass to claim the vouchers.

https://vouchers.cdc.gov.sg/residents/faq

(27-12-2021, 12:09 PM)Levin Wrote:  No lah. The guy whose QR code was wrinkled told me the minimart scanned several times and it cannot be scanned. He felt bad because the queue behind him was long so he paid in cash instead so as not to let the queuers wait and wait. Nothing to do with me. I am doing the digital way.

I think he can go back to the CC and ask for a reprint of the vouches by showing his damage vouchers. As long as the vouchers are not used yet, the QR code for his vouchers are still valid. Those vouchers that had been used would be invalided already and even printing new ones also cannot use anymore. So there is no worries for double usage by the CC staff....... Sleepy

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-12-2021, 12:57 PM)Levin Wrote:  Based on what I have seen, the quality of the printed ones is pretty good. The A4 paper is not those cheaper thin ones. Well, at least those in my neighbourhood. Not sure if the paper type is standardized across all CCs.

I think they are using the 80gm ones rather than to 70 gm ones.......therefore it is thicker..... Clapping Laughing

(27-12-2021, 01:05 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think he can go back to the CC and ask for a reprint of the vouches by showing his damage vouchers. As long as the vouchers are not used yet, the QR code for his vouchers are still valid. Those vouchers that had been used would be invalided already and even printing new ones also cannot use anymore. So there is no worries for double usage by the CC staff....... Sleepy

I told him that it most probably can be downloaded as it has not been used. But he told me that he does not have a smartphone in the first place, that's why he went for the paper versions. I however did not think of the possibility of a reprint. If I run into him, I will tell him that. Thanks.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

So dar, used one, scan is quite fast and easy for both seller and customer. I like it.