We oppose TW independence and are not an ally to USA says Prime Minister Wong

those dumb fark new gen leader try to out smart ah gong

https://www.thinkchina.sg/taiwanese-comm...inevitable

In Lee’s view, the lack of will of the people will not stop reunification and surveys are irrelevant because “the future of Taiwan is not determined by the wishes of the people of Taiwan. It is determined by the reality of the power equation between Taiwan and China and whether the Americans are prepared to intervene in the situation.

those would be PM better shut-up and refer the independence matter to USA, china, and taiwan
just like Lee Kuan Yew did!

dont say i oppose this and support that
it is not my country and it is their country their problems
it is between china taiwan and USA

singapore are NOT in it

(14-05-2023, 02:12 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Me thinks Lawrence official visit to China means he will meet PRC gov 1st as DPM rather than going to the US.
Sullivan and Blinken can wait for a later appt.

Do you know why ?

Because SG gov is fed up with Biden playing politics with our global economy and restricting open trade in key industry like semiconductor, in the name of "national security"
You can get the hint who the "Big Boys" whom Lawrence has blame for SG's future challenges in this video. This is why he accepted Chinese gov invitation right after attending the G7 meeting. Big Grin

If you think about this, tax incentives and subsidies are all public funds. So it’s highly inconsistent to say ‘tax incentives cannot do’, but subsidies ‘yes, let’s do more’...Unfortunately, we are now in a world where rules are shaped not by logic or principles, but by geopolitics and security imperatives. And Singapore is already feeling the impact....” - DPM Wong at May Day Rally 2023.

https://youtu.be/XJm-fEg5zEs

It is consensus of all ASEAN members to stay clear of tw straits matter,
to ensure this region remain stable and room to develop. And certainly 
not to accelerate to world war. 

Sg may still abide to the Beekok of technology policies, but to involve in a War
that is a clear no. We know Asia century cannot come if world war come into this region. 
We know clearly Europe who is heavily destroyed in the world war lose their dominance.

If he dare to say support taiwan independence, tomorrow he will get a phone call "there's a change of succession plan"

😁
[+] 1 user Likes jameslee58@hotmail.com's post

When next Generations leaders meet.... 黄 meets 李

DPM Wong, 50, acknowledged as much when he met Li Qiang, 63, at the Great Hall of the People. Mr Wong said he was happy to see Mr Li again – “but in a different capacity, for both me and you”.

Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/lawren...with-china

[Image: W020230517317311286878.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

We must fully support LW.

If anyone here ever say his bad words, I will whack th jialat jialat Big Grin

Thank you

Smile

(14-05-2023, 05:14 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  If he dare to say support taiwan independence, tomorrow he will get a phone call "there's a change of succession plan"

😁

I dare lah! Big Grin Come lah! Support Taiwan Independence 100% lah!

LOL!

SGtalk is a good place for those who wanna vent their personal frustration on international affairs.

Big Grin

(18-05-2023, 02:13 PM)Niubee Wrote:  We must fully support LW.

If anyone here ever say his bad words, I will whack th jialat jialat Big Grin

Thank you

whack your whore mother lah

[Image: pic5089166.jpg]

(18-05-2023, 03:44 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  whack your whore mother lah

Wow... venting personal frustration can involved somebody's mother...Not nice. leh.

(18-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Wow... venting personal frustration can involved somebody's mother...Not nice. leh.

i am sorry 
to all the bastard wumao
we.....

[Image: Take_No_Prisoners_game_box.jpg]

(18-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Wow... venting personal frustration can involved somebody's mother...Not nice. leh.

No personal attacks lah! No good lah!

(18-05-2023, 03:59 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  i am sorry 
to all the bastard wumao
we.....

[Image: Take_No_Prisoners_game_box.jpg]

Fu.ck you lah
chao ah qua

Smile

(18-05-2023, 03:59 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  i am sorry  to all the bastard wumao...

Okay lah - “大人有大量....I accept your apology as long as you do not repeat that same silly tantrum.

And speaking of 大人,  Lawrence has completed his 1st 5-Days mission as DPM in China and got to meet some of the senior officials, while putting his rusty "2nd-language" skillset to good use for SG.

Listen to Li Qiang greeting Lawrence in Mandarin...

Big Grin

https://www.8world.com/singapore/lawrenc...ng-2134121

(18-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Fu.ck you lah
chao ah qua

go F...k yourself, bastard Khim siu
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(06-09-2022, 05:57 PM)Ola Wrote:  Oppose Taiwan Independence

Or Taiwanese Independence, arh?

If the later, who the hell is he to interfere with the lives of Taiwanese?

Own SG cannot manage under the Shoot Blank Queen and now TSL

he still want to be Pinocchio!!

Taiwanese independence is proper/correct English for saying the independence of Taiwan.

Taiwan independence is Singlish.

Kindly do something about your English before trying to act smart by dancing around words like a lawyer.  Rolleyes

(18-05-2023, 03:14 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I dare lah! Big Grin Come lah! Support Taiwan Independence 100% lah!
Taiwan is just the colloquial name for Republic of China.

Taiwan IS China with a legitimate government that's elected by Chinese who were allowed to elect their legitimate President of China.  Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(18-05-2023, 10:36 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Taiwan is just the colloquial name for Republic of China.

Taiwan IS China with a legitimate government that's elected by Chinese who were allowed to elect their legitimate President of China.  Rolleyes

I don't deny that lah! Big Grin But Taiwan 🇹🇼 wants to become independent of China 🇨🇳 liao lah! I support them lah!  Laughing

(19-05-2023, 08:50 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I don't deny that lah! Big Grin But Taiwan 🇹🇼 wants to become independent of China 🇨🇳 liao lah! I support them lah!  Laughing

That is for the Chinese to decide.....just like Timor Leste.

(18-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Manthink Wrote:  When next Generations leaders meet.... 黄 meets 李

DPM Wong, 50, acknowledged as much when he met Li Qiang, 63, at the Great Hall of the People. Mr Wong said he was happy to see Mr Li again – “but in a different capacity, for both me and you”.

Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/lawren...with-china

[Image: W020230517317311286878.jpg]

DPM Wong meeting the PM of China
PM Lee meeting the President of China.

Does this mean that President and PM are just inflated titles the Chinese gave to themselves, where in reality the President is the PM, and the PM is the DPM?  Rolleyes

Anyway, a peekture of Li (without the Ke) Qiang smiling when taken with DPM Wong means that the relationship between the CCP government and our PAP government is on the positive side.

(18-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Fu.ck you lah
chao ah qua

Please, if you don't mind, I mind.

Can you stop using vulgar words at this forum?  Rolleyes

(19-05-2023, 08:50 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I don't deny that lah! Big Grin But Taiwan 🇹🇼 wants to become independent of China 🇨🇳 liao lah! I support them lah!  Laughing

You support got what use? Taiwan wants to be independent got what use? You may as well say some siaolang want woodlands to become independent.

Mr Wong is involved with the paks cannot escape what coming

(11-09-2022, 03:09 PM)Manthink Wrote:  As long as those who can butter on the right side of Asia Pacific in the name of stability and prosperity rather than sowing tension and mistrust...the winner will be all of us in this Region.

Can't get any simpler in understanding why LW says why SG oppose TW Independence. Tongue

The ROC government had not done much in recent years to endear itself to us.  Instead, it did the opposite thing.

During the real test of friendship, Taiwan turned protectionist and played dirty by not letting our company there bring masks back to Singapore when we most needed them.  In the end, we brought the machines and various equipment back, and manufactured them here.  Still, much time was lost in the process of dismantling the machines, getting the paperwork up and shipping them back and installing them here, recruiting workers and training them..

We are however grateful to them for letting our army boys train there, but that decision was not made by Tsai Ingwen, but an earlier government in the late 60s.  Same Taiwan, but the leader of the day makes the difference.

On a different note, the US-China relationship would not have become this bad if another Chinese had become President after Hu Jintao.  Supporting China does not mean supporting everything the human bear does.  Under Hu Jintao and even the late Jiang Zemin, China had lots of friends. The human bear had gone beyond merely being more "assertive", alienating Chins from much of the world except for countries like Russia and North Korea where strange bedfellows sleep together..

I know my comments will not sit well with a Communist Party apologist like you.  So be it, man(think).  Rolleyes
Lightbulb 

(19-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You support got what use? Taiwan wants to be independent got what use? You may as well say some siaolang want woodlands to become independent.

Woodland cannot exist on its own.   

Hong Kong is a better example.  The New Territories were leased to the British who had to return the land to China when the lease was up.  The British did not have to return Hong Kong Island to China as it was ceded to them for perpetuity.  However, Hong Kong Island would not be able to survive apart from the New Terrorises due to infrastructural reasons.  If those residing in the New Territories were to relocate to Hong Kong Island, it will result in a severely overcrowded ghetto.

Taiwan is differrent.  It has its own government, military, currency, infrastructure and even a MRT which is better than Hong Kong's................all nine yards.  Rolleyes

(19-05-2023, 10:03 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Woodland cannot exist on its own.   

Hong Kong is a better example.  The New Territories were leased to the British who had to return the land to China when the lease was up.  The British did not have to return Hong Kong Island to China as it was ceded to them for perpetuity.  However, Hong Kong Island would not be able to survive apart from the New Terrorises due to infrastructural reasons.  If those residing in the New Territories were to relocate to Hong Kong Island, it will result in a severely overcrowded ghetto.

Taiwan is differrent.  It has its own government, military, currency, infrastructure and even a MRT which is better than Hong Kong's................all nine yards.  Rolleyes
You miss my point. But then never mind, you ALWAYS do...

Lawrence can teach PM Li Qiang how to wear a face mask properly..

https://www.google.com/search?q=lawtence...ear+a+nask&oq=lawtence+wong+how+to+wear+a+nask&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l2.15851j0j4&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:61a27ac6,vid:3pF4GadEQVY

(19-05-2023, 09:34 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Please, if you don't mind, I mind.

Can you stop using vulgar words at this forum?  Rolleyes

It is one of my last resort to jerk people. So don't antagonize me. Smile

Smile

(19-05-2023, 09:33 AM)Oyk Wrote:  DPM Wong meeting the PM of China PM Lee meeting the President of China.
Does this mean that President and PM are just inflated titles the Chinese gave to themselves, where in reality the President is the PM, and the PM is the DPM?  Rolleyes
Anyway, a peekture of Li (without the Ke) Qiang smiling when taken with DPM Wong means that the relationship between the CCP government and our PAP government is on the positive side.

No 2 countries share the exact title-convention in political and gov structure.
e.g. Our president is definitely of a different caste vs those of China or the US system.
So I won't read too much into those working titles.

The key take away here are
  • Wong undoubtedly will be our 5G leader to represent Singapore in foreign relation.
  • Wong 1st ever oversea official visit as DPM, outside of ASEAN, is to Beijing and not Washington.
  • Wong has become a front-man to articulate SG's international policy between the 2 Superpowers.

[Image: not-USally-one-China-LW.png]

(19-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The ROC government had not done much in recent years to endear itself to us.  Instead, it did the opposite thing.
During the real test of friendship, Taiwan turned protectionist and played dirty by not letting our company there bring masks back to Singapore when we most needed them.  In the end, we brought the machines and various equipment back, and manufactured them here.  Still, much time was lost in the process of dismantling the machines, getting the paperwork up and shipping them back and installing them here, recruiting workers and training them..We are however grateful to them for letting our army boys train there, but that decision was not made by Tsai Ingwen, but an earlier government in the late 60s.  Same Taiwan, but the leader of the day makes the difference.On a different note, the US-China relationship would not have become this bad if another Chinese had become President after Hu Jintao.  Supporting China does not mean supporting everything the human bear does.  Under Hu Jintao and even the late Jiang Zemin, China had lots of friends. The human bear had gone beyond merely being more "assertive", alienating Chins from much of the world except for countries like Russia and North Korea where strange bedfellows sleep together..I know my comments will not sit well with a Communist Party apologist like you.  So be it, man(think).  Rolleyes

1st let me correct your humongous errors -  I am not "Communist Party apologist" nor accept simplistic mischaracterization by a questionable character like you in SGTalk.

That aside, I must add no one will disagree TW under DPP lead by Ms.Tsai is a disaster for TW pple 2 elections ago. Never mind the fact she allowed tainted US-pork imports, accepted Peloci provocative visits, reduced social support for TW elders and retired soldiers and failing to protect TW remaining key industry like TSMC from being forced to transfer tech and factories to yes the USA.

So perhaps we should be asking just who the President of ROC is answering to ?

(19-05-2023, 10:15 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Lawrence can teach PM Li Qiang how to wear a face mask properly..

I am happy to inform you that both met without need for mask nor concern with COVID19 vaccination, which incidentally both are jab with different vaccines which SGreans as option to choose. Wong understand this well since he was leading the Pandemic committee for nearly 3 years as National Development Minister.

Big Grin