At least 2 Android users lost about $100k in CPF savings after installing apps

any money withdrawal more than $2K must be done through bank counter, problem solved.

(18-06-2023, 12:20 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  In this case. -- Victims came across advertisements on social media, and were given a link to: 

He or she download an Android Package Kit contained malware

QUESTION IS WHY?.

Because blur lah. If she is savvy, she wont anyhow download and install suspicious apps.

Education is key, not disallowing technology.

(19-06-2023, 02:54 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  any money withdrawal more than $2K must be done through bank counter, problem solved.

That's not a solution at all. Still got $1.9k risk and with multiple withdrawals, it is just as risky.. Plus inconvenience for genuine transactions.

Physical tokens or biometrics instead of passwords plus educating users are better.

(19-06-2023, 03:03 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Because blur lah. If she is savvy, she wont anyhow download and install suspicious apps.

Yes. "Education is key: to open technology.

(19-06-2023, 05:05 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Yes. "Education is key" to open technology.
The best words.

(18-06-2023, 11:24 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Never mention iOS should be safer

iOS does not allow 3rd party apps
not found in playstore

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-06-2023, 10:08 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  At least 2 Android users lost about $100k in CPF savings after installing apps 

Read more 📍 http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/least-2...e=telegram&utmmedium=social&utmcampaign=&utmcontent=

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

i dont believe... esp CPF stuff.

Smile

(19-06-2023, 03:03 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Because blur lah. If she is savvy, she wont anyhow download and install suspicious apps.

"Because blur lah"
Forget lah, forgotten. How can remember?.

The best cpf protection against scam.. hard lockdown and can only withdraw until u reached age of 55.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(19-06-2023, 06:54 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  The best cpf protection against scam.. hard lockdown and can only withdraw until u reached age of 55.
About age. 56 yr ok. All problem solved.

[Image: E4-Ety-N3-1.gif]

(18-06-2023, 11:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Should 
Yes and they should stop it immediately as it is dangerous.

Should consider set a maximum withdrawal limit 
Say S$ XXX per day.
Main purpose of CPF is for retirement

(20-06-2023, 12:20 PM)Oasis Wrote:  Should consider set a maximum withdrawal limit 
Say S$ XXX per day.
Main purpose of CPF is for retirement

Plus a max limit per month too.
To do a temporary one-time raising of this limit, one needs to visit an ATM (e.g. up to $10-20K), or the bank counter for higher amount.
This higher limit can only be changed at the ATM or bank counter and not online.

(19-06-2023, 02:54 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  any money withdrawal more than $2K must be done through bank counter, problem solved.

NOT SO EASY AS U SAID
the banks now make it v difficult for u to go to the counter for transaction.

to increase profit n more salary for the ceo the banks had closed many branches anytime u visit a bank long q customers unless u are a priority client
unlike 5 yrs ago u need to wait >1 hr to be attended to the 1 hr lost man time is also money

roots of the problem :
mas to not take scamming seriouisly

shld enforce banks to restore using hardware token for OTP not digital otp on hp.
what are mas n the bank association thing about ??

(17-06-2023, 10:16 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually I post in my thread , on this

Curious how possible scammer can access.

even they know their victim bank account login , pass word.

still need OTP which is the bank app.
ASAP, as soon as possible

With more jail time.

(20-06-2023, 01:53 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  ASAP, as soon as possible
With more jail time.

they are worse than Alibaba

So where to download the apk file? I want to try install it on my Android emulator and see what will happen...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!