Non-residents from China accounted for 1% of private property transactions in 2022

(15-02-2023, 01:00 PM)debono Wrote:  I am happy to report that I am not scammed by the China's scammers...........I will just switch off my phone when I get a call from a recorded message......... Big Grin

There is no need to switch off your phone.  Just touch the red button will do.

Really debodoh.  Rolleyes

(15-02-2023, 12:44 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  they support china and now china poke them from behind

i know a boomer lost $500,00 to china investment scam

he told me it is charity to poor china

They will never change their belief.  They will say oh! China has 1.4 billion peepur!  Only happened to be scammed by these few peepur, but the rest, they are such nice peepur.

Die die they will say the tiong communists are good peepur.

They open legs to welcome them to become new citizens,

First, it's mala.  They already put Bugis in their pocket after they had done with Peepur's Park and the whole stretch of Geylang.  That's not including the stalls found in almost ALL food courts, and coffee shops all over Singapore.

Next is GCB and the whole of Katong and Sentosa.

There are now 500,000 Chinese living and working in Singapore.  Only the jhks outnumber them, at 1 million.

Meanwhile, local born sinkies are fast-tracking towards extinction. Big Grin

1% by transaction number but how % by transaction value? Besides why only count non-residents? Anecdotally, many PRCs apply PRs just to pay lower ABSD, so the true impact is confirm much larger than 1%.

(15-02-2023, 02:33 PM)starbugs Wrote:  1% by transaction number but how % by transaction value? Besides why only count non-residents? Anecdotally, many PRCs apply PRs just to pay lower ABSD, so the true impact is confirm much larger than 1%.

There are a lot less PRs than non-residents. About half a million PRs in Singapore. There's about 1.5 million non-residents in Singapore. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1087...ip-status/

And PRCs may not form that high a % among PRs compared to non-residents so if we include PRs, the overall % might be lower.

(15-02-2023, 12:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I had known for the longest time that you are not called debodoh for nothing.

Do not use a word if you don't know what it means, and use it to sound smart but prove that you are not much better than sentinel.

Money laudering...to launder is to clean.  It's making dirty money clean.

How?

Say, you are a drug lord.  You make millions and billions of dollars selling drugs.  If you spend it, the authorities will ask: where does the money come from?  How come you can afford this GCB and a Maserati?  Obviously, you cannot tell them you are peddling drugs.

So, you set up a legit company.  It's not profitable, and you have no intention to work HARD to make it so.  All you do is to create fictitious Tax Invoices, Invoices, and make a profit in the books.  Damn! you even pay taxes to IRAS based on the fictitious profits.

This is one of a few ways of laundering money.  Now you can tell the government, I bought a GCB and a Maserati with profits I made in this company, all legit.

Got it?

Bro. I am fully aware of this practice.............. Big Grin Laughing

(15-02-2023, 12:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I had known for the longest time that you are not called debodoh for nothing.

Do not use a word if you don't know what it means, and use it to sound smart but prove that you are not much better than sentinel.

Money laudering...to launder is to clean.  It's making dirty money clean.

How?

Say, you are a drug lord.  You make millions and billions of dollars selling drugs.  If you spend it, the authorities will ask: where does the money come from?  How come you can afford this GCB and a Maserati?  Obviously, you cannot tell them you are peddling drugs.

So, you set up a legit company.  It's not profitable, and you have no intention to work HARD to make it so.  All you do is to create fictitious Tax Invoices, Invoices, and make a profit in the books.  Damn! you even pay taxes to IRAS based on the fictitious profits.

This is one of a few ways of laundering money.  Now you can tell the government, I bought a GCB and a Maserati with profits I made in this company, all legit.

Got it?

there is a saying
one a criminal always a criminal

that was how keppel corruption dealing started

(15-02-2023, 02:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  That humanbear can bring down Bi Xilai and Mayun.  What else he cannot do?

Cure his own honey addiction.