What happens if my Singtel fibre broadband modem spoil ??

(03-05-2022, 01:17 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't like those routers provided by telcos so usually I'll buy myself outside. I haven't bought one for a number of years so I wouldn't know where's the best place to buy. If you're not in need of one, you can wait for black friday and buy from amazon or one of the online sites. If urgent of course go to sim lim liao.

many thanks, bro..............

by the way, i using modem with fibre optic input not a router.................so just buy any modem with fibre optic input will work ?..............any idea roughly how much for a decent brand ? Huh

(02-05-2022, 10:52 PM)singlon Wrote:  i no no for me i just hunt for another where i can connect that fibre optic adapter into with 4 0r 5 ethernet ports and i good to go
as i do not like to be DEW-ed i try to hard-wire to reduce radiation
5G radiation no escape as she can come from the ground via sewer pipes

you mean can connect fibre optic cable to an adapter..............then put to ethernet port on a router/modem without a fibre optic input ?? Huh

(03-05-2022, 05:26 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  dont be like that lah.
any questions are not a dumb questions.
we dont know, we ask.
rather than we dont know, we act we know.
we learn as we move...
NO ANY QUESTION IS MORE DUMB THAN THIS:

WHY DO APPLES FALL INSTEAD OF GOING UP
the person who asked this q is none other than  SIR NEWTON

(04-05-2022, 03:14 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  many thanks, bro..............

by the way, i using modem with fibre optic input not a router.................so just buy any modem with fibre optic input will work ?..............any idea roughly how much for a decent brand ? Huh
I think you're referring to an ONT then. This should be very cheap (<$50). Just buy the huawei one from shop or online.

(04-05-2022, 03:16 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  you mean can connect fibre optic cable to an adapter..............then put to ethernet port on a router/modem without a fibre optic input ?? Huh
Are you looking for this type of modems:-,

[Image: 20220504-162811.jpg]

If yes, I can give them to you.
[+] 2 users Like hansamu's post

(04-05-2022, 04:30 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Are you looking for this type of modems:-,

[Image: 20220504-162811.jpg]

If yes, I can give them to you.

many thanks for the offer. bro...................the black one i was using..............but last couple years, i using modem with fibre optic input leh.........

(02-05-2022, 05:53 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  good Q mate.
Should call up singtel and see whether can replace a new one or not.

yeah hor............but getting to talk to a human agent must wait so long.............. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(03-05-2022, 05:54 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  This type of modem or router does it need to insert a SIM card to work from the telco operator ?

huh ?............can insert SIM card one meh ?.............mine is the old type except input is now fibre optic........

(04-05-2022, 07:49 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  many thanks for the offer. bro...................the black one i was using..............but last couple years, i using modem with fibre optic input leh.........

OK...no worries.

(03-05-2022, 08:24 AM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  Guys, do you switch off your routers before going to bed or leave it 24 by 7 on?

i turn on morning then off at night................

(03-05-2022, 09:10 AM)FangFang Wrote:  They not only replace but to ask whether you want to upgrade to higher bandwidth also..

so confirm free modem replacement even when my current contract is over ?

i never re-contract, just continue with the old plan.............

(03-05-2022, 04:27 PM)talky Wrote:  u need a modem for free charges on  digital residential  phone.

my digital residential line doesn't work leh............. Angry

(03-05-2022, 04:39 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  first of all, is it the modem or router that breaks down? or both?

if router, as suggested by some it's better to get yr own. can online hw $30+ to $50+ with free delivery

mine is modem lah................i never use router becoz i no like wireless............

if modem, a reliable one cost how much ?...............can just buy one and it'll work for sure or must get from SingTel ?

(03-05-2022, 04:54 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Yours very  old plan?
You don't have WiFi at home?

couple years back...............but i don't want wifi............so i never took their router, i took only the modem

(03-05-2022, 05:45 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  how much your monthly fees?
mine is $29.

mine is $29.90...............but home phone line subscription no need pay
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(04-05-2022, 07:57 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  mine is $29.90...............but home phone line subscription no need pay
Nowadays, home lines are all free.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(04-05-2022, 07:50 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  yeah hor............but getting to talk to a human agent must wait so long.............. Angry

once i had a problem, i called up the singtel hotline, and actually within mins, i managed to talk to someone, technical side.

(04-05-2022, 07:56 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  mine is modem lah................i never use router becoz i no like wireless............

if modem, a reliable one cost how much ?...............can just buy one and it'll work for sure or must get from SingTel ?

the ONT (for fiber optics, the equivalent of modem for the old cable internet) is provided by telco's partners, dun think you can get from market. if spoilt can get a replacement maybe with a fee if warranty expired

if they aso give you an ONR (equivalent to the old router), just take and sell lah

(04-05-2022, 03:16 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  you mean can connect fibre optic cable to an adapter..............then put to ethernet port on a router/modem without a fibre optic input ?? Huh
fibre optic converter.
like these

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-47-28.png]

u only need this one:

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-49-58.png]

https://youtu.be/gc7aDKcLv_4

that device is only converting signals between fiber and ethernet, you'll need an ONT to communicate with the telco

(04-05-2022, 09:03 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  that device is only converting signals between fiber and ethernet, you'll need an ONT to communicate with the telco
U r already on www why u want to communicate with telco?
It is like using your mobile as a hotspot
Of cos if u want further education u need to learn more.

(04-05-2022, 09:08 PM)singlon Wrote:  U r already on www why u want to communicate with telco?
It is like using your mobile as a hotspot
Of cos if u want further education u need to learn more.

the device you bought not registered with the isp, how to get on to www? xiao right?

maybe xiao lang keng got special privilege ah?

(04-05-2022, 09:25 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  the device you bought not registered with the isp, how to get on to www? xiao right?

Only in Singapore people have this weird idea.
U already paid for the signals reaching ur home
U use it.

(03-05-2022, 08:59 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Leave it on… Big Grin
The power consumption is not high.
Normally less than 20w/hr.

If I base on Max 20w, 20wx24hrs x 20cents/kWh =0.48kwx20cents. Less than 10cents a day.

You want to save electricity, can save on other area.
Replace all the bulbs to LED bulbs.
Don’t use Airpot, use electric flask.
Aircon set at 25 deg C etc.

Don’t use vacuum cleaner.
Use broom… Can exercise and save electricity.

It's not about saving electricity.

It's about extending the shelf life of the router and modem, and it is advisable to switch them off if nor using.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(04-05-2022, 09:28 PM)singlon Wrote:  Only in Singapore people have this weird idea.
U already paid for the signals reaching ur home
U use it.

[Image: Screenshot-20220504-212920-Chrome.jpg]

if not sure, can ask around or check online first mah. not need to scold ppl like ah xiao. correct?

(04-05-2022, 08:50 PM)singlon Wrote:  fibre optic converter.
like these

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-47-28.png]

u only need this one:

[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-05-04-20-49-58.png]

if bro bolampa gong gong buy this useless converter recommended by you, he'll get an error message. how?

(04-05-2022, 07:52 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  i turn on morning then off at night................

I turn on when I need to use data, and turn off when I log off my computer.  It does not follow a morning-night schedule.

For eg, some days, I don't switch on the computer until night time and I switch it off after two hours when I am done.  So, I only turn the modem and router on for those two hours...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(04-05-2022, 09:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I turn on when I need to use data, and turn off when I log off my computer.  It does not follow a morning-night schedule.

For eg, some days, I don't switch on the computer until night time and I switch it off after two hours when I am done.  So, I only turn the modem and router on for those two hours...

My one ON for 10 years liao still kicking if Rosak just call vendor they come to replace FOC why so mafan tio bo ?!! we already pay for the services … live short short nia enjoy while you can  Big Grin

One modem nia talking until few pages … just call vendor they will replace for you FOC … if router spoil go buy and replace .. End of the story  Opasnie-1