What happens when a person dies alone? .

CNA: What happens when a person dies alone? A trauma cleaner shows us what the job is like.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...me-2430556

The smell of dead body is the one of the worst smells you will never forget. crying

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(17-01-2022, 08:17 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  The smell of dead body is the one of the worst smells you will never forget. crying

Salted fish smell...😡😡😭

ya
ur cells at estimated 100trillions only a thirds of what out there in the body.
It is a war zone the highest forms most lethal are yeasts and molds that finally will take them all down.
Dat;s why people like Dr. Young will find them in that Red and white blood cells in time like this.
The person if bury will be on unmarked grave maybe just a protruding stump of concrete.

(17-01-2022, 08:17 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  The smell of dead body is the one of the worst smells you will never forget. crying

The smell of money left in your bank and CPF is what govt loves. Best is you have landed house they can then say all your distant relative not entitled cos they never care for you and it goes to govt. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(17-01-2022, 08:32 AM)Sticw Wrote:  The smell of money left in your bank and CPF is what govt loves. Best is you have landed house they can then say all your distant relative not entitled cos they never care for you and it goes to govt. Big Grin

Is that a fact, if it is then it is grossly unfair to dead person and his relatives......
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

No wori when u got plenty.
All will appear for you'
Pokkai difficult lah

If u have such a chance of getting money I can help.
U just need to claim body and i do the arrangement.
Straight to furnace.

Elder care centre to take care first, and stay active always.

He goes to heaven alone

Your life, your responsibility. 
When alive, make sure you stay connected.
To neighbours, social network, friends and best your own relatives. 
Make sure someone wishes you a good morning everyday. 
If no reply, be sure to check.
[+] 2 users Like Migrant's post

Tell all the living relatives that you pokkai. Then only those who still turn up at your deathbed, get everything Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

After he died, maybe he's able to meet and talk to LKY and Nathan in person
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(17-01-2022, 08:34 AM)debono Wrote:  Is that a fact, if it is then it is grossly unfair to dead person and his relatives......

not true
if no will will be sold n proceeds distributed to  parents,siblings relatives etc

(17-01-2022, 11:42 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Your life, your responsibility. 

Learning I Ching will open up your mind.
You won’t be like a frog in a well. Big Grin

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(17-01-2022, 11:42 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Your life, your responsibility. 

Doesn't need these once the water meter goes digital in future.
The water usage profile can easily tell if the sole occupant is alive or not.

But staying alone in old age isn't really ideal as I believe one can get dementia much more easily from the lack of social interactions.
This Shandong retirement village (group) offers the best and cheapest retirement model imo as it offers large retirement apartments (20-40years lease), cheap cooked canteen food, lots of activities n classes fro the residents and even the chance to do their own farming.

Solo living increases the likelihood of dying alone at home. When this happens and the person has not a few friends or relatives in there is an, you are a responsible deceased at the place you help to name the dead body I hope the body smells is very bad But you can help.

now people is more concern the asset of that dead person.

NEXT OF KIN WHO?
HDB flat pass to who?
CPF pass to who?
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

https://youtu.be/MbspTcyuJ30

Dying alone at home is very common in Japan until the neighbour reported to the police due to strong smell.

(17-01-2022, 04:02 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Dying alone at home is very common in Japan until the neighbour reported to the police due to strong smell.
In Japan there are many who lived alone, after they retire they go to a old age home, and may die there.  But those who stayed by themselves and died may be need to get the authorities to extract their bodies, and it may be that they are reported by their neighbours cos there is a foul smell emanating from that house.....

(17-01-2022, 04:12 PM)debono Wrote:  In Japan there are many who lived alone, after they retire they go to a old age home, and may die there.  But those who stayed by themselves and died may be need to get the authorities to extract their bodies, and it may be that they are reported by their neighbours cos there is a foul smell emanating from that house.....

Unlike Chinese Japanese elderly dunt live with their children, so must take care of themselves and die alone.

(17-01-2022, 04:18 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Unlike Chinese Japanese elderly dunt live with their children, so must take care of themselves and die alone.

They do have retirement homes for the elderly, but the case below (3:42) is quite sad to me as the old man can only bring over a handful of personal belongings.
The bulk of his other belongings and memories were all destroyed when he was moved out of his former home.

(17-01-2022, 04:27 PM)sgxin Wrote:  They do have retirement homes for the elderly, but the case below (3:42) is quite sad to me as the old man can only bring over a handful of personal belongings.
The bulk of his other belongings and memories were all destroyed when he was moved out of his former home.

It is sure sad to know that Japanese elderlies who lived in retirement homes can only bring with them a few   belongings, and other items are to be destroyed as he move out of his former home.  It is important that they stay connected with their siblings  and children........

(17-01-2022, 08:32 AM)Sticw Wrote:  The smell of money left in your bank and CPF is what govt loves. Best is you have landed house they can then say all your distant relative not entitled cos they never care for you and it goes to govt. Big Grin

If when I'm alive my distant relatives don't care about me, after I die I also don't want to give them the money.

(17-01-2022, 04:18 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Unlike Chinese Japanese elderly dunt live with their children, so must take care of themselves and die alone.

[Image: 159-BD512-90-AF-4413-8-B73-4-E6-C77-F8-A5-DB.png]

(17-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If when I'm alive my distant relatives don't care about me, after I die I also don't want to give them the money.

Fair. But then why go to govt? Why not charity? Who gave govt the right to refuse giving to relative when the deceased did not outrightly said they will not give to distant relative? How did the govt know the relative did not want to contact or help, but deceased refused?

I'm just questioning the rights of individuals and when can govt just overwrite or assume??