Singapore can open up faster if it is willing to accept 6 or 7 deaths a day

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...to-pay-say

Prof Hsu said severe illness and deaths will rise as measures ease, but aiming for no deaths means the constraints on society will be extremely high: "We haven't talked about what we might want to accept in terms of the cost of living with Covid-19."

Singapore has close to 75,000 Covid-19 cases, of whom 59 people have died. There are now 77 people seriously ill and 12 in critical condition.

The nation can open up faster if it is willing to accept six or seven deaths a day. It may not be able to do that if it wants to keep the death toll closer to what one sees for influenza, which is two a day, he said.

I dont mind a few ministers died a day leh....can or not huh?
[+] 5 users Like Notdumb's post

If not SIA will be not able to tahan ,now left little money till end year ?

Elite must die.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

a few extreme elites  and the rich n powerful as well.

I thought our reserve can last us many years ?
Where the money gone to?

This is crazy.

Such topic even crossed their minds? And a target of 6 per day?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Told you all liow, they are ok with losing 20% of the population to save the economy. So better go jab before they shout everything back to normal

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

I think they didnt jab. No proof is real jab.

(17-09-2021, 05:57 PM)5354 Wrote:  This morning I took the lift down after I alighted from the train at Commonwealth mrt

Inside the life I was surrounded by 4 people, all old fcuks

And then I wonder what life would be like without them

One day in a not too distant future, one young man will be in a lift with you, and he'll wonder, what would life be without you.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

These panellists tin kosong talk without substance if those deaths are from their family, relatives or themselves can they still talk like this. Just because they want to plp the pap to open up the economy sinkes have ro sacrifice. There are so many other factors to consider.
[+] 1 user Likes Great's post

look at a company.
u think they want those 65+ worker? no right? some 65+ could be burden leh...
company just want to get rid of these worker...

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

They can open fully but who wants to come if they know that it's not safe? If people shun Singapore knowing it's not safe, it's as good as not fully open.

To be fair, almost everyone above 12 has had the chance to a vaccine. There is also Sinovac and Sinopharm to chose from. If someone eligible still doesn't go for vaccination, then he/she has to accept that risk and take personal responsibility.

(17-09-2021, 05:18 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I dont mind a few ministers died a day leh....can or not huh?

Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

Typical no EQ.. Even if that is the truth, that is not the way to put it..

Change the question a bit to AP Hsu, if six or seven deaths a day are people around you (ie immediate family die finish already die, followed by your non immediate family, then by your friends), will you still want to say the same thing?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

If we can accept 60 or 70 deaths a day means Sg can open up immediately?  Thinking

As an expert he ignore Delta variant characteristics,
the variant not good in evade antibodies
but instead use its numerical advantage to overwhelming its victim antibodies.

If there is lot of infections, the air will be too toxic for even medical attire.
The fact is if Sg is deem a dangerous place, even if open only few will come.
He try to brain wash viewers.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(17-09-2021, 04:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...to-pay-say

Prof Hsu said severe illness and deaths will rise as measures ease, but aiming for no deaths means the constraints on society will be extremely high: "We haven't talked about what we might want to accept in terms of the cost of living with Covid-19."

Singapore has close to 75,000 Covid-19 cases, of whom 59 people have died. There are now 77 people seriously ill and 12 in critical condition.

The nation can open up faster if it is willing to accept six or seven deaths a day. It may not be able to do that if it wants to keep the death toll closer to what one sees for influenza, which is two a day, he said.

He talking rubbish. Why dun he himself go and die?
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(17-09-2021, 08:35 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Typical no EQ.. Even if that is the truth, that is not the way to put it..

Change the question a bit to AP Hsu, if six or seven deaths a day are people around you (ie immediate family die finish already die, followed by your non immediate family, then by your friends), will you still want to say the same thing?
Clapping Thumbs_up

(17-09-2021, 04:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...to-pay-say

What sort of suggestion is this? Why not the prof be the first? Opening suggesting murdering?
[+] 1 user Likes Kgliangp's post

Open only affected service, retailing.
local or overseas.
service depends on all other sectors. basically no reason to expand.
retailing overseas your numbers so high , then it is useless. Local parents will not take part. left some youths who have money to spend.

So we urgently open for?services sector?

will be glad if 50 percent of the parliament minister dies of covid then i welcome.
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post