Why HKers do not buy hospitalisation insurance and don't worry about medical care.

(07-07-2022, 08:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  We are already paying more and more as GST is raise through the years.

A medical system should take care of EVERYONE to a level we all do not worry about affordability and have to buy patches for govt system, worry about falling through the cracks and ever rising costs.

We need a system that is more committed to caring for our elderly.

Somehow we always find ways NOT to start improving.

You are not working and not contributing to the system, yet u want to benefit more from the system. Do u think it's fair to those who contributed? U should start contributing instead of trying to get more by not contributing.

(07-07-2022, 08:31 AM)winbig Wrote:  You are not working and not contributing to the system, yet u want to benefit more from the system. Do u think it's fair to those who contributed? U should start contributing instead of trying to get more by not contributing.

I paid my taxes when i had income and also GST.. I am surprise you suggest the system be build in a certain way just because of me.

Anyway Singapore has low unemployment among those who are in working age and public policy cannot be driven by th 3% unemployed. Some have lost their jobs due to retrenchment  all the more we need to secure the medical care even more.

It is not fair how costs are driven up by the wealthy  class and we have no choice but to pay more and more for essential like medical care.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-07-2022, 08:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I paid my taxes when i had income and also GST.. I am surprise you suggest the system be build in a certain way just because of me.

Anyway Singapore has low unemployment among those who are in working age and public policy cannot be driven by th 3% unemployed. Some have lost their jobs due to retrenchment  all the more we need to secure the medical care even more.

It is not fair how costs are driven up by the wealthy  class and we have no choice but to pay more and more for essential like medical care.

So how long have u not paid your taxes? Yet u want to demand others who paid their taxes to pay more to take care of you? You are able bodied yet you don't contribute. That's very selfish of you. Just want to take but not give. Nobody teach u about give and take? U should be surprised that you are demanding this and that when u r not contributing. We are all on the same boat on this tiny island. Don't be so farking selfish.

(07-07-2022, 08:46 AM)winbig Wrote:  So how long have u not paid your taxes? Yet u want to demand others who paid their taxes to pay more to take care of you? You are able bodied yet you don't contribute. That's very selfish of you. Just want to take but not give. Nobody teach u about give and take? U should be surprised that you are demanding this and that when u r not contributing. We are all on the same boat on this tiny island. Don't be so farking selfish.

I am not sick and never been in hospital. 
I have not taken a cent for hospitalisation but have contributed to taxes like income tax and GST. I am not worried the money  I contributed is used to care for others.

I am talking about care for everyone not just myself. 

Those who claimed NOT to be selfish should have no problem contributing to care for everyone. Those who worry their tax used to care for the sick are truly selfish.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-07-2022, 08:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am not sick and never been jn hospital. 
I have not taken a cent but have contributed to taxes like jncome tax and GST. I am not worried the money  I contributed is used to care for others.

I am talking about care for everyone not just myself. 

Those who claimed NOT to be selfish should have no problem contributing to care for everyone. Those who worry their tax used to care for the sick are truly selfish.

Don't be a hypocrite lah. U now belong to the group that don't contribute yet is demanding more. Don't make yourself out to be so noble as to care for everyone. People who contributed do not have to worry as the system will take care of them

Seriously I am quite sceptical of all these free medical treatment in HK, TW or elsewhere because I believe nothing is free in this world. It may appear free but actually paid up somewhere else under tax or whatever. Further, if they are free, how come those HK and TW dramas portrayed a different version showing poor old people suffering at home because no money for treatment? Even CCP supposedly propaganda dramas also portrayed similar version. 

Anyway, I have no complain on our current medical subsidy system which I think is fair but of course if Ah Butt can make it all free I am happy...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

That is why I will not vote for PAP

They can overspend so much 10 years ago to pay

for so many Foreigners to be nurses for 4 years Nursing Dip in Nanyang PolyTech

Giving them free accommodation, too using tax payers money

but when those Foreigners work and serve their bond at LOW Salary

It gives hospital HIGH Margin and profits for many years

At the end, What did we gain except being taken for a ride?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(07-07-2022, 09:00 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Seriously I am quite sceptical of all these free medical treatment in HK, TW or elsewhere because I believe nothing is free in this world. It may appear free but actually paid up somewhere else under tax or whatever. Further, if they are free, how come those HK and TW dramas portrayed a different version showing poor old people suffering at home because no money for treatment? Even CCP supposedly propaganda dramas also portrayed similar version. 

Anyway, I have no complain on our current medical subsidy system which I think is fair but of course if Ah Butt can make it all free I am happy...... Big Grin

It's not free lah. Doctors are paid. Govt in charge to keep costs contained.

Patients pay a small fee to deter overconsumption. But all sick get treated without exorbitant fees.

Taiwan is No 1. In the world for healthcare.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4106372

Why are we comparing ourselves with Taiwan when our infra and much about everything is better than them? Money don't drop from the sky. So if we spend so much on defence we've to cut back somewhere. PAP has already made it known that we'll not cut our defence budget.

For their population 23,580,712 living in 35,000 KM2, Taiwan’s government has approved a national defence budget of TWD453.4 billion (USD15.4 billion) for 2021 amid rising tension with mainland China and international economic downturns related to Covid-19. The new budget represents a nominal 10% increase over Taiwan’s 2020 defence allocation of TWD411.3 billion. Each person paying USD644.

Our population 5.45 Million at 1,067 km2, PAP announced on 16 February a 2021 defence budget of SGD15.36 billion (USD11.56 billion). Each person paying USD2006.

(07-07-2022, 09:39 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  A ccbai who never served NS

With no job, contributing nothing to PAP's coffers

Has no right to WHINE!

You Malaysian LJ

NEVER do NS

also has no right to interfere in SG affairs

You Empty Skull is just full of shit and cannot discuss anything

You should go back to primary School

(07-07-2022, 09:40 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  I paid $20K tax to fatten PAP's coffers last year

Song boh?

You mean Malaysians like you can evade IRAS LAW 

and don't pay taxes like other citizens?

Why everyday barking at the wrong tree like an IDIOT Moron?

(07-07-2022, 09:46 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

If you are not a fcuking lamer (useless person)

And you get yourself a job right after school

Be it A levels or Poly or University

By the time you are 55

You will have Medisave savings in your CPF

Which will generate 4% annual interests around $2K a year

Which is more than enough to pay for your Medishield Life + Additional Riders to cover your surgery and hospitalization bills in a PUBLIC hospital for a LIFETIME

Get it you stupid whiny little fcuks!

What does an idiotic moron has nothing to do except moan 

and groan like a bitch? 

I forgot, Jac wears a skirt and has no functional LJ 

on his shoulders nor between his legs

(07-07-2022, 09:58 AM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Be happy and enjoy life lar

Why whine when you can have FREE Lifetime HOSPITALCARE

Like most Singaporeans

Jac has mental problems

Jac also has Inflated EGO issues

These few years, Jac very Bitchy too ? Menapause?

He is a human form but acting more like an animal.

Rotfl

Rotfl

china hospital & medical system is super scary.
insurance pay out is very little, around 40-50% of medical cost, very expensive & most cannot afford, china life span is not high, quality of old retirees life is bad due to poor, many old folks commit suicide in china!!
those in china will know, no service, life is in their hands, need under table ang pow, nurse & doctor fxxking attitude, must put down all money before operation & warded, hospital is for money making like their covid test!!! ton more, real 5th world!!
all comie here & their family better go back to china to enjoy their slavery hospital service & standard!!!

中国人看不起病,也禁不起折腾,整个流程设计的目的,第一敛财,第二恶心🤢🤮你控制你羞辱你,医院🏥如此,学校🏫如此,公安局如此,税务局如此,高

(07-07-2022, 08:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You mean Sungapore is under more threat and have to spend more than Taiwan. REALLY?

We need to re-think our priorities. Someone objective should look at this.

You would think TW would be more serious in self-defence. It is ridiculous they spent less than SG, and institutes only 4 mos national service.

They hug USA closely and rely on US (iffy) assurance

(07-07-2022, 09:35 AM)Ola Wrote:  For their population 23,580,712 living in 35,000 KM2, Taiwan’s government has approved a national defence budget of TWD453.4 billion (USD15.4 billion) for 2021 amid rising tension with mainland China and international economic downturns related to Covid-19. The new budget represents a nominal 10% increase over Taiwan’s 2020 defence allocation of TWD411.3 billion. Each person paying USD644.

Our population 5.45 Million at 1,067 km2, PAP announced on 16 February a 2021 defence budget of SGD15.36 billion (USD11.56 billion). Each person paying USD2006.

I'm a proponent of relooking at our defence budget.

(06-07-2022, 06:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is a follow up to the WP MP He's debate with Koh Poh Koon on the matter. Minister Koh claimed we have the right values when it comes to caring for the elderly. This is not true and has to be debunked. Its all PAP propaganda. The PAP claims they help but that is only after you have drained all your own resources. We should have a proper system in place not this type of policies.

I will cover how HK cares for its elderly then Japan, then Taiwan which does an even better job.

Because of the HK  govt comprehensive health care system.
An elderly going into hospital pays HK$100 (S$18) per day including all treatment and surgery

In Singapore they squeeze you to save into Medisave if not enough medisield life. Even then there are so many gaps people have to fork out more in private healthcare plans for enhance and integrated plans. Why? Because we lack a comprehensive system that takes care of everyone without draining them.

Based on report below, it is not recommended for Hong Kongers to buy health insurance for public hospital treatment because there is no need

[Image: WYGMj3g.jpg]
Below is a summary of costs of HK hospitalisation. The full detail is spelt out for you to see

https://alea.care/resources/hong-kong-pu...eally-cost

The PAP always claim it is good and don't need to improve but when we look at the healthcare system in place elsewhere they take care of everyone including poor and elderly without they heavy burden of high costs and gaps.

How can compare HK with SG leh?

(06-07-2022, 06:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is a follow up to the WP MP He's debate with Koh Poh Koon on the matter. Minister Koh claimed we have the right values when it comes to caring for the elderly. This is not true and has to be debunked. 

Do they, not just Dr Koh have any set of values in the first place? In fact, when MP Chan said his conscience is clear, it leaves us to deliberate if he has any conscience in the first place.

(06-07-2022, 06:34 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is a follow up to the WP MP He's debate with Koh Poh Koon on the matter. Minister Koh claimed we have the right values when it comes to caring for the elderly. This is not true and has to be debunked. Its all PAP propaganda. The PAP claims they help but that is only after you have drained all your own resources. We should have a proper system in place not this type of policies.

I will cover how HK cares for its elderly then Japan, then Taiwan which does an even better job.

Because of the HK  govt comprehensive health care system.
An elderly going into hospital pays HK$100 (S$18) per day including all treatment and surgery

In Singapore they squeeze you to save into Medisave if not enough medisield life. Even then there are so many gaps people have to fork out more in private healthcare plans for enhance and integrated plans. Why? Because we lack a comprehensive system that takes care of everyone without draining them.

Based on report below, it is not recommended for Hong Kongers to buy health insurance for public hospital treatment because there is no need

[Image: WYGMj3g.jpg]
Below is a summary of costs of HK hospitalisation. The full detail is spelt out for you to see

https://alea.care/resources/hong-kong-pu...eally-cost

The PAP always claim it is good and don't need to improve but when we look at the healthcare system in place elsewhere they take care of everyone including poor and elderly without they heavy burden of high costs and gaps.

Mexico lagi best lah..................pay USD200 or so a year...................free treatments even for cancer and AIDS...............

anyway, Sinkies happy with PAP...................just leave them to their own devices lah............