Why I disagree with the govt Covid19 strategy....they are making a BIG MISTAKE

At the end of the day just treat it as a type of flu if sick stay home 14days once ok back to normal.

Today 5 deaths 2200 new cases and US discourage citizens from coming to Singapore.

We are going down a bad path.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Huawei

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-29-Wehavetomove-Fast-...ackout.png]

https://www.fbcoverup.com/docs/library/2...5-2019.pdf

Should give fine to those bloody uncles that seat in the coffee shops crowded together in 6 to 7 and they can say only 2 person per table.

(22-09-2021, 01:42 PM)forum456 Wrote:  why our opposition PSP and WP did not voice the same concerns like you in parliament ?

are they agreeing with PAP on covid strategy ?

why are they keeping quiet on the rising number and deaths ?

Will they listen ?

Remember Joe Biden has a deadline 30092021
Talibon lithium for USD85B weapons deal in limbo as China electric cars call into question.
China is now without power and 3 gorges dam the only consideration is where the crack begins side both ends or the middle. This will put as far back as Wuhan under water. This will put all 3 power, big pharma and cryptos down.
la Palma continues on her way to send 300ft tsunami target US and others.
Canada Trudeau sent Huawei back to China. Her crime patents laundering using HSBC
https://www.fbcoverup.com/docs/library/2...5-2019.pdf
Australia is free from China with AUKUS.
US debt ceiling in limbo.
Thunberg is hot and bubble thundering Blah blah blah not doing any thing...
In Germany we wait OPP. Gov.
Nuremburg trial attorney is waiting....

Sgbuffet has some valid points but if you really want to have a all rounded view, you need to add in the long term economic strategy view with such a long term covid strategy. If everyone works from home with harsh border controls, would foreign companies hire remote workers or Singaporeans? Would they still need to setup a regional HQ here, if borders are tight and work from home by default?

A country like Thailand has to ask a difficult question, would they want a small percentage to die from covid or would they want them to die from suicide due to no tourist income caused by closed borders? It’s not a very clear one sided perspective just preventing death from covid, usually they are many trade offs and consequences to consider.
[+] 1 user Likes investor2021's post

(29-09-2021, 10:48 AM)investor2021 Wrote:  Some a valid points but if you really want to have a all rounded view, you need to add in the long term economic strategy view of such a long term covid strategy. If everyone works from home with harsh border controls, would foreign companies hire remote workers or singaporeans? Would they still need to setup a regional HQ here, if borders are tight and work from home by default ?

Of course Singapore wishes to be open that will be better.
But the death rate and cases will go up if we do so so we cannot.

It's like tell a sick man to get up exercise because it is good to exercise....but you have to consider his situation...only after the situation change then you can do what you WISH.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

So how would you advise thailand in this case in terms of covid strategy? Something similar to hk and Taiwan? Many are committing suicide due to long term disappearance of jobs and income. Would you consider high vaccination rate and opening like singapore? Or minimize the covid deaths but never mind the suicides?

(29-09-2021, 11:07 AM)investor2021 Wrote:  So how would you advise thailand in this case in terms of covid strategy? Something similar to hk and Taiwan? Many are committing suicide due to long term disappearance of jobs and income. Would you consider high vaccination rate and opening like singapore? Or minimize the covid deaths but never mind the suicides?
I am not advising Thailand  each country has to look at their own situation and plan accordingly.

Opening up may not help if people not want to come because of high cases in your country so you may suffer worse of both worlds....

Could be once delta infiltrated seriously in May, the likelihood of reaching zero case, is almost Nil. Only perpetually in P2HA (no dine-in, WFH, only 2 per family can go out) can we suppress Unlinked cases and not allow it to proliferate. Consider AU/NZ examples too - 2-3 months hard lockdown but cases stubborn...

Only if you believe we can reach China standards then perhaps can clear delta. But that may be over-estimating SG and result in futile efforts after many months of isolation.......

(22-09-2021, 07:04 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I think you shd have heard of a Chinese idiom, 将错就错。Not everybody has the courage to admit the mistake he makes.
Now it is a team, even not possible?
It is not just big mistake.  But, it is a serious mistake that involves life.

Home recovery DON'T WORK IN SG....look how small our country is and housing around so compact.
It make the situation even worst.

So call to prevent taxing on hospital, in return home recovery make it even taxing on hospital resources.

(22-09-2021, 04:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I have been following govt rules and guidance on COVID19 faithfully often doing much more to protect myself and my family. I am a strong supporter of vaccination and requested to get it early.

In a crisis, one do not have luxury of good  information and situation is full of uncertainty necessiting trade offs and imperfect solutions. Whatever govt does some people will oppose because of this and that. I am mindful of this.But  I strongly disagree with the current direction our govt is taking based on my analysis of the facts 

1.Like many I thought the vaccine will end this crisis but the virus is able to mutate and vaccines turned out to be less effective that thought with 80% loss of effectiveness after 6 months 

2. There are 2 strategies available to us. The TW, HK vs Western US, UK, Israel strategy. The western country citizens are rebellious and have certain disregard for govt rules so at some point they have no choice but to placate the population by opening up or the citizens will disobey the rules anyway resulting in protests etc. So it is understandable why they tend towards the opening up strategy. Singapore does not have to follow. We have the option to implementing the TW HK strategy and watch UK US do their experiment. If it works then we followl later.

3. There are many risks of the UK US strategy. 
a.) The virus is still mutating so a new variant that completely defeat the vaccine is possible. b.) As the vaccine effectiveness fade, you need boosters which again it's less certain in terms of effectiveness and safety - FDA only approve for age 65+ given uncertainty. c) The assumption that deaths will be limited rest on tenuous belief the vaccine is effective and no breakthrough variant emerge 

If you look at US data, the deaths are now heading towards levels near the previous peak where problems with hospital resources . It is not suppressed to manageable levels at all.

[Image: P83ip39.jpg]

4. At some point a U turn is inevitable and you are back to square 1 after many lives are lost 

5. The UK US strategy, appear to be an experiment doing something and hoping for the best. A decision made by politicians under pressure from a populace whose  behavioe hasbresulted in many deaths  -refusal to wear masks, refusal to restrict activity. What has happened in thesebcountries is a tragedy with US having >600k covid deaths. Why are we following the strategy of countries that have fumbled so badly  when we have choice?

6. Even if their strategy  works we can follow it after it is proven and not lose much. The exonomic gains are thus far marginal as trourists are too afraid to come even if we open up. 

7. The risk we are taking with the lives of people far outweigh the marginal gains. We have the option of watching other countries embark on the experiment first then doing so later. It would be a wiser move to do this 

8. What we are doing now is really flawed. It carries all the mistakes of decision making a) being impatient when you have time b) taking big risks with small gains c) not learning from other's mistakes d) not revising decisions when situation change and new information emerge e) not evaluating all options available in a wise calculated manner.

9. There is nothing seriously wrong with TW HK strategy and little downside. Once they got their casw number to zero demestic economic activity can be normalized while borders remain tightly controled. With our strategy the rising cases will result in fear and people stay home, the tourist don't come and hospital fill up and we need to U turn resulting negative returns for the price we pay in lives lost.

10. In conclusion I believe we have gone down the wrong pathdue to poor decision making of our leaders

What are the TW HK strategies?  

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Why is everyone KPKB .... I think everything is well in order leh. 
Can go out makan, walk walk, can go watch movies, shopping .... ok what

no lah agree 5 deaths in a day is traumatic to most.

But think most SG probably look at HK, TW and felt SG would be better if like them.
But Difference is HK/TW has done well to encircle and contain delta, whereas SG has already lost that defence battle. Now enemy already infiltrated and they still 妄想 to eliminate it

Its okay to disagree, then give a constructive proposal, with an open view, not only from your own angle.

Don't forget there are 2 groups of people you need to take care of :

1) those who works for govt or MNC, who can comfortably work from home, whether work or no work, every month salary will be credited into their account, this group are the people who want lock down.

2) SME, and people who works for SME, these are the people that cannot afford lock down, every lock down cut a big hole in their pocket.

What do you do if it's your call to decide life more important or put food on the table more important?

(29-09-2021, 11:54 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why is everyone KPKB .... I think everything is well in order leh. 
Can go out makan, walk walk, can go watch movies, shopping .... ok what

Well, it is this kind of mentality that caused the 19-39 and 40-60 to form bulk of the new daily cases..

So it is those 2 groups that is causing the spread.. The 61 and above, are made as scapegoat by Tangsen..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

There is no choice. Easing measures is the way to go, but they have to give people the confidence that they've planned this properly, something they failed miserably.

(23-09-2021, 07:36 AM)This is right... Specifically the mRNA down regulates the TLR4 gene which attacks and kills cancer or mutated cells in our body... I believe in 12 months we will see a lot of new cancer cases...Our elite government fucked up...I am horrified because I work in the pharma industry for 20 years... First time seeing such unprecedented experimental drug on general population. ------------------------------singlon Wrote:  We got Big problem.
We have jabbed 80% of our people with POISONS.
The spiked pathogens are your your poisoned blood cells.
Actually under high magnifications u see them yes with holes
RHS->

[Image: Screenshot-2021-09-23-at-07-34-57-GRAPHE...CCINES.png]

(29-09-2021, 03:04 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Well, it is this kind of mentality that caused the 19-39 and 40-60 to form bulk of the new daily cases..

So it is those 2 groups that is causing the spread.. The 61 and above, are made as scapegoat by Tangsen..

Why you say I make 61 yrs and above scapegoat when I do not see any problem at the current moment.
Yes, infection is high which is expected but more important, low case of death. The only worry is there are more in ICUs.
You must be a 60+ old froggy .... my advice dun go kopi tiam and lim beer with viet con beer aunty. Stay at home, you should be fine.

In the next 12 months cancer and other diseases will skyrocket for those who took the mRNA 
For those interested to dig deeper into the science .

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/...21256520v1

[Image: Screenshot-20210929-173626-262.png]

Feel this mistakes is big enough that we need to lockdown ?

Silly , there is nothing we can do except to follow Tao's way , ie, go with the flow ...

Once vaxed, just hope pray for the best outcome.

Very stupiid to compare with taiwan, HK or china..
U must know geography n the make up of the nation's population before writing nonsecense, the whole world will laugh at our sheer stipidity...

Come on , all these countries r insulated, closed their borders tight tight like the black hole ...n their pop more less homogenous...all surrounded by mid incomers.

Then look at red dot in the world map...tiny dot is all surrounded by poor , generally unhygenic , 3rd or 4th world coubtries...when u have a poor unvaxxed neighbourhood, whom we have to trade closely everyday , u tink u can b freed from viruses?

Does home recovery care management works ?

The covid positive patient may ultimately infect the rest of the household if not careful :-(

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

(29-09-2021, 10:23 PM)SgWinner Wrote:  Does home recovery care management works ?

The covid positive patient may ultimately infect the rest of the household if not careful :-(

The aim is to infect the rest so as to achieve herd immunity.

(29-09-2021, 10:23 PM)SgWinner Wrote:  Does home recovery care management works ?

Don't work it aid the spread faster. I do mention before SG is unlike MY other big countries.

We are now having 2k++ is big countries 20k cases.
Look how compact our housing is , etc Home recovery surely aid the spread.
Who knows your neighbour now doing home recovery yet you don't know.

At this point real leadership has to make a firm stand and stop this

Where we are headed is very clear..

From SDP

1. Stop testing asymptomatic vaccinated individuals outside of contact tracing. This will help ensure that resources are concentrated on those who need them most – the elderly and vulnerable who are actually infected.

2. Ensure that those who test positive including pregnant women and children report to the nearest Public Health Preparedness Clinic (private General Practitioners or polyclinics) who can then evaluate them and decide if they need to be hospitalised or simply monitored over the week or so as we do with other infectious diseases such as urinary tract infections or food poisoning. GPs should be appropriately compensated for the care they provide.

3. Facilitate nursing homes to keep infected patients who are stable and do not need hospitalisation in their facilities but segregate them from the rest of the residents. Have GPs check on them and decide when they need hospitalisation. This will relieve the strain on hospitals and ensure that those who need hospital care are not deprived or delayed.

4. Set up a dedicated ambulance hotline similar to what was used during SARS for those who have tested positive or are identified as contacts so they can be rapidly brought to the hospital if their pulse oximeter readings show evidence of low oxygen concentrations.

5. Publish regular reports on test positivity and all clusters (like the dengue cluster reports) as in the recent decision to publish a map of emerging cases. This will help the public to seek medical attention if they develop symptoms after visiting those areas.

6. Do away with blanket closures and restrictions. Instead, implement interventions that are targeted like with food poisoning outbreaks or hand, foot and mouth disease outbreaks in childcare centres. Shut the physical building or facility where an outbreak occurs instead of across the whole island where outbreaks have not occurred.

7. Intensify molecular epidemiology (genetic fingerprinting) process. Every public hospital and referral lab must perform this for every positive case and the information should be fed into a database modelled on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) GISAID and the information therein made publicly available. This will make the identification of large clusters reliable.

8. Conduct rapid adaptive design randomized clinical trials on all WHO-approved vaccines so they can be brought in for the trials and studied as boosters or primary doses. These vaccines should be commissioned and funded rapidly. The same should be done for other preventative agents which have shown promise in earlier randomized trials such as povidone iodine or ivermectin. This will settle once and for all in a clear scientific manner many of the questions swirling around social media on alternatives to the current vaccination strategies

since they are in the process of slowing down covid the next 4 weeks should consider point 5

Publish regular reports on test positivity and all clusters (like the dengue cluster reports) as in the recent decision to publish a map of emerging cases. This will help the public to seek medical attention if they develop symptoms after visiting those areas. Especially to be made know to elderly in non English mediums if needed