Thailand to stop using Sinovac jab when stock runs out
Thumbs Down 

Thailand will stop using China's Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine when its current stock is exhausted, a senior official said yesterday, having used it extensively in combination with Western-developed vaccines.

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper

They will use Sinopharm instead?

8Umbrella Umbrella

(19-10-2021, 08:52 AM)debono Wrote:  Thailand will stop using China's Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine when its current stock is exhausted, a senior official said yesterday, having used it extensively in combination with Western-developed vaccines.

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper

Yar I heard from my Thai friends the government is under intense pressure by 'higher ups' to switch entirely to a locally produced version of Astra Zeneca as the manufacturer is owned by the Thai King. There's some royal infighting as well because the royal sister is importing Sinopharm separately outside the government system as well.

I pity all the lower level civil servants and healthcare professionals, already such difficult situation still have to deal with all this high level corruption and political infighting.
[+] 2 users Like maxsanic's post

(19-10-2021, 09:13 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Yar I heard from my Thai friends the government is under intense pressure by 'higher ups' to switch entirely to a locally produced version of Astra Zeneca as the manufacturer is owned by the Thai King. There's some royal infighting as well because the royal sister is importing Sinopharm separately outside the government system as well.

I pity all the lower level civil servants and healthcare professionals, already such difficult situation still have to deal with all this high level corruption and political infighting.

When a king of a country has a slice of the economic pie, this will upset everything...Kings and head of state should not have any interest outside their domain... crying

(19-10-2021, 09:16 AM)debono Wrote:  When a king of a country has a slice of the economic pie, this will upset everything...Kings and head of state should not have any interest outside their domain... crying

They want to copy the Brunei Sultan on how to become the richest man in the world. 
Malaisai sultans are alrady copying and many of them are multi and multi billionaires.

8Umbrella Umbrella

AZ is high in side effects
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(19-10-2021, 09:23 AM)klat Wrote:  They want to copy the Brunei Sultan on how to become the richest man in the world. 
Malaisai sultans are alrady copying and many of them are multi and multi billionaires.

The Sultan of Brunei owns the whole of Brunei's land, and with it it's oil supply, thence he can be considered as the richest man of the world.  But Thai king cannot do likewise, cos the whole of Thailand does not belong to him, but to it's citizens... Laughing

(19-10-2021, 09:24 AM)dynamite Wrote:  AZ is high in side effects

I don't think the Thai government has any choice. Unfortunately for the Thais, that idiot king want to makan money also don't know how to choose and end up with the lousiest vaccine out of an entire suite of US and China alternatives.