Why polyclinic appointment slots always full?

https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-ca...-nowadays/
[+] 2 users Like Everything Everywhere's post

(25-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Everything Everywhere At Once Wrote:  https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-ca...-nowadays/

BS  lah....................near my place...............the polyclinic got no patients one................the staff more than patients.............

at Marine Parade, go in the afternoon session..............very fast can go home liao..........

For my side ok leh. Afternoon session though although I prefer morning.

My neighbourhood one, even got appointment also got to wait at least 1hr

(25-04-2023, 09:54 AM)Everything Everywhere At Once Wrote:  https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-ca...-nowadays/

Faster at your neighbourhood GP clinics lah! Big Grin

I only know dental is forever cannot book one.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

AMK policlinic. have to wait 4..5 hr with walk in patient. i cannot stand so long. need to brush up service there. i did not wait instead i go private one .

(25-04-2023, 10:06 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  BS  lah....................near my place...............the polyclinic got no patients one................the staff more than patients.............

at Marine Parade, go in the afternoon session..............very fast can go home liao..........

Kallang Poly, that day I sicked, including me only 3 patients at 8am time slot. Rotfl
Probably high covid period. Most sick patients went to GP.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(25-04-2023, 12:55 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  AMK policlinic. have to wait 4..5 hr with walk in patient. i cannot stand so long. need to brush up service there. i did not wait instead i go private one .

Walk in quite jialat one. I waited for over 2 hours before. That's why I switched to making appointments.

(25-04-2023, 12:55 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  AMK policlinic. have to wait 4..5 hr with walk in patient. i cannot stand so long. need to brush up service there. i did not wait instead i go private one .

Most patients are old like you.  

At another forum, the 39% politcised this and blamed the 6.9m PwP as if we brought in meeeelions of young men and women who are unhealthy and sickly, who choked the polyclinics.  That is a big fat lie.  Most of the patients are elderly uncles and aunties.

Not may peepur know this, we became an aged society in the year 2017.  By 2026 that's 3 years from now, we will becoem a super aged society.

We used to be a very young society when families had two parents with five or six young kids, and the average age of the seven peepir in the household skewed down.  Now we have only one kid or none at all, and the average age of the 3 peepur, that's two elderly couple and a grown up son like SgBuffet, skews upwards.

Along with that, the increased demand for healthcare services necessitated the increase in GST.

Because most polyclinics are already 'privatise' only accepts e-appointments. No more walk ins. This is very wrong as doctors are no longer passionate to serve the sick people. Come time to go home, they will not want to see any more patients. I was shocked when I walk in after lunch only to direct me to book an appointment on my hp at 10pm!
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

(25-04-2023, 01:39 PM)A2Z Wrote:  Because most polyclinics are already 'privatise' only accepts e-appointments. No more walk ins. This is very wrong as doctors are no longer passionate to serve the sick people. Come time to go home, they will not want to see any more patients. I was shocked when I walk in after lunch only to direct me to book an appointment on my hp at 10pm!

According to my elderly neighbours, it is because the mornings are filled with appointments. A lot of them are 'regulars' at the polyclinics and thus a lot of the morning slots (appointments) are given to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(25-04-2023, 11:22 AM)Dan Wrote:  Tampines polyclinic built in the 70's is grossly inadequate for a population of more than 250k.
It was built when Singapore population was 2m.
How many health ministers have passed by unnoticed?

It was built when we were young and did not need to see a doctor often.

We are now an aged society.

Nothing to do with simi ranjiao BS about Singapore's current population.  Our curent 5.9 m population is artificially propped up by FTs and FWs who are young.  They are not the ones who are seeing a doctor all the time..

Go to any polycyclic, I dare bet with you with my head, the majority, the freaking VAST majority of those patients are uncles and aunties....not those in their twenties hor.  They were the youths of an era past, and are now old and sick.

Please think and do some analytical thinking before shooting your mouth off!

(25-04-2023, 10:06 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  BS  lah....................near my place...............the polyclinic got no patients one................the staff more than patients.............

no patients should close down.

(25-04-2023, 01:41 PM)Levin Wrote:  According to my elderly neighbours, it is because the mornings are filled with appointments. A lot of them are 'regulars' at the polyclinics and thus a lot of the morning slots (appointments) are given to them.

They are regulars because they have chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, bad cholesterol etc.

They need to return to the polyclinic once every few months, or even every month.

We are already an aged society.  Even your neighbour is elderly, as you wrote.

Btw, the bill there has no GST.  GST can go up to 9% next year, but the government waives it at polyclinics.  This is a reason why the elderly likes to jam up the polyclinics.  Also, the subsidies are good for PGs and MGs...

(25-04-2023, 01:49 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  no patients should close down.

He was trolling, just like you.   Rolleyes

(25-04-2023, 01:50 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They are regulars because they have chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, bad cholesterol etc.

They need to return to the polyclinic once every few months, or even every month.

Btw, the bill there has no GST.  GST can go up to 9% next year, but the government waives it at polyclinics.  This is a reason why the elderly likes to jam up the polyclinics.  Also, the subsidies are good for PGs and MGs...

Yah, they go for regular checkups. The GST bit was news to me. I did not know GST was waived at polyclinics. Never checked my receipt.

No point booking.

Just walk in and bang table.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(25-04-2023, 01:39 PM)A2Z Wrote:  Because most polyclinics are already 'privatise' only accepts e-appointments. No more walk ins. This is very wrong as doctors are no longer passionate to serve the sick people. Come time to go home, they will not want to see any more patients. I was shocked when I walk in after lunch only to direct me to book an appointment on my hp at 10pm!

True, Polyclinics only accept e-appointments, and the bookings open at 10 pm............... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(25-04-2023, 01:50 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They are regulars because they have chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, bad cholesterol etc.

not true 
chronic disaster patients can change appt to afternoon

(25-04-2023, 07:05 PM)talky Wrote:  not true 
chronic disaster patients can change appt to afternoon

Do you know whom you are speaking with?

Why would someone who had been told to fast for at least 8 hours the night before want to change his appointment of afternoon? Rolleyes

Yes certain place always fully book.book liao still have to wait 1 hr but vwry cheap

Chua Chu Kang dun even accept walk in patients nowadays!  crying

(26-04-2023, 09:15 AM)SeewhatLook Wrote:  Yes certain place always fully book.book liao still have to wait 1 hr but vwry cheap

At Clementi Polyclinic, those who did e-booking the night before, can see the doctor 20 mins. later.......... Big Grin

walk in sick people are held ransom by technology and doctors who are no longer passionate to 'cure' any sick people. Come pang-kang time macam clock watching for office workers, all want to go home.

Healthcare for the commoners in Spore seems to me to have regressed.
For the waiting time to see the polyclinic doctor and to get appointment to see doctors in hospitals for more serious illnesses,
normal PRCs can get to do all these in a single morning!
For normal Sporeans, this process with tests and scan will take weeks if not months.

And total cost for this lady mum's doc consultations, CT scan and blood test (both results gotten within 2 hours) is a mere RMB 720 (S$145) !!!

Look like aging population ia give sg a hard time.this will be the next Paliment hot topic

Because people are breathing in viruses without mask on

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️