Why are fewer Singaporeans going to the cinema? It’s not about cost but value

Why are fewer Singaporeans going to the cinema? It’s not about cost but value

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com...hub-392221

65 inches TV, Surround Sound System, Air-con home, Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Internet free streaming, 😀 

Who needs Cinema 🤣🤣🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Most people stick to Hp or pc for entertainment. Or home TV Netflix

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

Can wait for Netflix, no hurry to watch it now lah. $13 movie ticket is not cheap hor.

Furthermore, TV entertainment system is getting so much better nowsaday. Buy a 65” TV plus a Sonos Beam audio system with additional of 2 surround speakers is fantastic.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

A pair of movie tickets cam pay for about three months of streaming at home. The choice is obvious.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(23-06-2024, 10:47 AM)moonrab Wrote:  65 inches TV, Surround Sound System, Air-con home, Netflix, Disney+, Prime, Internet free streaming, Who needs Cinema 

I am afraid that cinemas and shopping malls may become extinct or drastically reduced in numbers in the near future since the alternatives available online are cheaper and better value for money. With movie subscription services and online shopping, we do not even need to leave home to be entertained. Therein lies the problem, the number of entertainment options in S'pore is already limited. Any further reduction will severely reduce the places where we may go with our dates and circle of friends.

(23-06-2024, 11:55 AM)starbugs Wrote:  A pair of movie tickets cam pay for about three months of streaming at home. The choice is obvious.

With eateries giving us such poor value for money in terms of quantity these days, more of us will start to improve our home cooking through recipes available online. More food establishments will shut in the near future as well.

(23-06-2024, 11:18 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Can wait for Netflix, no hurry to watch it now lah. $13 movie ticket is not cheap hor.

Furthermore, TV entertainment system is getting so much better nowsaday. Buy a 65” TV plus a Sonos Beam audio system with additional of 2 surround speakers is fantastic.

please lah...............Sonos..............not audiophile brand lah.............

One by one close shop.
So much to enjoy on TV.

(23-06-2024, 02:41 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I am afraid that cinemas and shopping malls may become extinct or drastically reduced in numbers in the near future since the alternatives available online are cheaper and better value for money. With movie subscription services and online shopping, we do not even need to leave home to be entertained. Therein lies the problem, the number of entertainment options in S'pore is already limited. Any further reduction will severely reduce the places where we may go with our dates and circle of friends.

Correct, technology changes our social life..worldwide. 
Singapore catches on faster because of our abundance of WiFi with high speed. 100% of Singaporean can access to a decent WiFi fiber connection. 
Because we are small and compact. That should be an advantage in the real world. 

I can enjoy at home with all internet services. 
From buying TV to a toothpick easily, with a international selection and prices comparison. 

Make a video medical appointment with Doc. Arrange medicine delivery service. 
Work from home with zoom. 
Read international news worldwide. 
Internet banking, payment, investment. No more queuing...🤣🤣🤣

Although I may lost the time meeting up with friends, colleagues and suppliers as compared to the past.
But I gained precious family time with my wife and children. Whom I treasure most in life.

Because of our daily needs can be easily met with Internet services. 
There is no longer a need to travel far outside of our HDB Town, unless we plan for a overseas trip to Japan. Our favourite holiday destination. 

Usually we hike or cycle around park or nature reserves surrounding our HDB area. For outdoor activities. 
Can do it for half or a full day. Especially in weekdays, not so crowded. 
Enjoy the simple things in life which are forgotten from our childhood days. 

Life can be simpler and enjoyable in our high tech society. If you know how to plan it towards your advantages.
Definitely improve my life quality 👌.

(23-06-2024, 03:25 PM)Migrant Wrote:  One by one close shop.
So much to enjoy on TV.

Shop must innovate for survival. It is not the consumer responsibility if they don't know how to change with technology and time.
The world will not wait for them...

(23-06-2024, 03:09 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  please lah...............Sonos..............not audiophile brand lah.............

You audiophile meh?

https://sg.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_...index.html

You know how expensive a good pair of high end speakers.

Sonos sound system is good enough for the masses

[Image: IMG-7354.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"