Why are my 2nd floor neighbours so lazy? Use the stairs, not the lift lah

MS Mail ✉️: Why are my 2nd floor neighbours so lazy? Use the stairs, not the lift lah

Those living on higher floors need the lift more, says this disgruntled resident.

👉 https://tsl.to/lazyneighbourslift

@mustsharenews

Pay service charges why not use leh
[+] 1 user Likes Omnipresent88's post

Ppl old already u wanna break their knee caps isit ?
[+] 2 users Like *天哥*'s post

(25-07-2024, 06:34 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  Ppl old already u wanna break their knee caps isit ?
That is rite. All these disgruntled residents never understands the needs of elderlies. When they gets old, they wil understand. Afterall, everybody pays town council or management fees.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Such unfriendly upstairs neighbor.

Who ask him to live so high up. Should buy ground floor unit.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

I also can’t understand why a young man or woman rather wait for the lift to come down to level 2 from 10 20 storey high when they could just walk down the stairs. Rather spend timing waiting for the lift.
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

(25-07-2024, 10:19 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  I also can’t understand why a young man or woman rather wait for the lift to come down to level 2 from 10 20 storey high when they could just walk down the stairs. Rather spend timing waiting for the lift.

The logic is level 2 residents also pay town council fees like top floor residents so they feel entitled to use the lifts else rugi. Unless low floor residents are given a discount in the fees?

(25-07-2024, 11:31 PM)sgh Wrote:  The logic is level 2 residents also pay town council fees like top floor residents so they feel entitled to use the lifts else rugi. Unless low floor residents are given a discount in the fees?
They paid lesser for their house

use lift or walk down is people choice. not other to judge lazy or not lazy.
for those hard working to move will be rewarded with better health if they still can move.

Everybody is entitled to use the lift, whether high or low floor. The sense of entitlement of that high floor user is appalling.

He not heypi ask him stay lower floor lah.

I myself stay very high floor but do not begrudge those lower floor residents from using the lift. Especially since I do not want my precious cherry QQ to be vandalized Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Must share news site is also not very accurate. It published a piece of how an OCBC bank customer lost money during the 2021 scam and his regrets. It was updated again in Mar 2024.

To the best of my knowledge, OCBC reimbursed all the victims for the 2021 scam.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(26-07-2024, 07:51 AM)sclim Wrote:  use lift or walk down is people choice.  not other to judge lazy or not lazy. for those hard working to move will be rewarded with better health if they still can move.

The grumpy writer didn't mention if the child who took the elevator to the 2nd floor was carrying his school bag or groceries.

(25-07-2024, 09:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  That is rite. All these disgruntled residents never understands the needs of elderlies. When they gets old, they wil understand. Afterall, everybody pays town council or management fees.

I tore my meniscus while out running last year. Even though my knee wasn't bandaged, I limped for almost 3 months and had difficulty climbing up and especially down the stairs for up to 12 months following the injury.  I am sure this person would have cursed me under his breath if I stayed on a low floor and took the lift up or down in his presence.

(25-07-2024, 09:06 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Such unfriendly upstairs neighbor. Who ask him to live so high up. Should buy ground floor unit.

The writer sounds like an old man suffering from urine incontinence. 

(25-07-2024, 06:11 PM)Omnipresent88 Wrote:  Pay service charges why not use leh

Not only that. When the government changed the old lifts which only stopped at the 5th and 9th floors to new ones which stop at every floor, every household had to pay for it 

Iirc, the government paid 95% and households paid the balance 5%.

So those who live on the 2nd floor want to get their money's worth even though it's good exercise to walk plus sometimes it's even faster than waiting for the lift.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

After spending a day at sch the boy must be quite tired. And he may hv to stand on the train and bus.

(26-07-2024, 08:08 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Everybody is entitled to use the lift, whether high or low floor. The sense of entitlement of that high floor user is appalling. He not heypi ask him stay lower floor lah.I myself stay very high floor but do not begrudge those lower floor residents from using the lift.  Especially since I do not want my precious cherry QQ to be vandalized Smile

The lifts at my condo are reaching their end-of-life, and in urgent need for replacement. Many residents - including children and the elderly - have been trapped inside over the past few years. However, there are several owners of ground floor units who have been blocking the replacement of these elevators owing to the estimated cost of $17K per household.  It is obvious that they feel that the lifts are of little to no use for them. This may sound selfish, but I guess $17K is a lot of money even to condo residents.   

It must be quite an old condo. Btw, the purpose of paying the sinking funds on top of the monthly maintenance fees is for such major renovations.

Responsible residents shd help check how the funds are used and alert everyone when the amount is running low

(26-07-2024, 01:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Not only that. When the government changed the old lifts which only stopped at the 5th and 9th floors to new ones which stop at every floor, every household had to pay for it 

Iirc, the government paid 95% and households paid the balance 5%.

So those which live on the 2nd floor want to get their money's worth even though it's good exercise to walk plus sometimes it's even faster than waiting for the lift.

https://media.tenor.com/ckwLGuf2s30AAAAM...ohnson.gif

(25-07-2024, 09:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  That is rite. All these disgruntled residents never understands the needs of elderlies. When they gets old, they wil understand. Afterall, everybody pays town council or management fees.

I think nobody would nind if it's an elderly person. They way they enter and exit the lift is like such a big effort already, so let's not even talk about climbing the stairs.

Peepur are pissed off only if they see young men and women...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(26-07-2024, 01:41 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It must be quite an old condo. Btw, the purpose of paying the sinking funds on top of the monthly maintenance fees is for such major renovations.
Responsible residents shd help check how the funds are used and alert everyone when the amount is running low

Even though the condo is at Bukit Timah, many of the residents are asset rich retirees who may not wish to fork out so much money for the replacement of the lifts. I am referring especially to the ground floor residents who are strongly opposing the move. The development is slightly more than 20 years old, so the elevator system needs a change since the spare parts will no longer be available in a few years' time.

(26-07-2024, 01:46 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even though the condo is at Bukit Timah, many of the residents are asset rich retirees who may not wish to fork out so much money for the replacement of the lifts. I am referring especially to the ground floor residents who are strongly opposing the move. The development is slightly more than 20 years old, so the elevator system needs a change since the spare parts will no longer be available in a few years' time.

20 yrs old needed repainting about 3 times must hv spent a lot. The pool, gym equipment aso need lots of money, and especially the lifts, replacement may cause millions 😔
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(26-07-2024, 01:46 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Even though the condo is at Bukit Timah, many of the residents are asset rich retirees who may not wish to fork out so much money for the replacement of the lifts. I am referring especially to the ground floor residents who are strongly opposing the move. The development is slightly more than 20 years old, so the elevator system needs a change since the spare parts will no longer be available in a few years' time.

If many of ur condo residents cannot do anymore reno like replacement of lfts or because sinking fund is too low, just get the MCST to initiate an enbloc from property developers. Now got many China developers eyeing this whole island due to kick out and block by angmoh countries. After November if Trump win, we will definitely confirm be these developers battle ground. Just wait and see if u dun believe me..

(26-07-2024, 01:52 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  20 yrs old needed repainting about 3 times must hv spent a lot. The pool, gym equipment aso need lots of money, and especially the lifts, replacement may cause millions 😔

depends on how many units and size of project as well la...not sure spend a lot.

I suspect the surviving China developers' behind fund supporter is the CCP, that is why so rich.

The CCP target is to own the world...dun believe u wait and see another 10 years...everywhere every project will b built by a Chinese developer.

During cny visit to the garden by the bay
Taking lift up to the garden was only allowed for the old.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

That is why Ah Butt better pray really Trump lose...if he wins...property will sky rocket not even our URA can stop...now so many ABSD, BSD, blocked until like mad dog YET our landed precious asset you go n drive around landed estate..see how many rebuilding now. Just look at the construction board, you can see the owners details etc....Dun say TianKor never warn you guys..

(26-07-2024, 01:37 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The lifts at my condo are reaching their end-of-life, and in urgent need for replacement. Many residents - including children and the elderly - have been trapped inside over the past few years. However, there are several owners of ground floor units who have been blocking the replacement of these elevators owing to the estimated cost of $17K per household.  It is obvious that they feel that the lifts are of little to no use for them. This may sound selfish, but I guess $17K is a lot of money even to condo residents.   

$17k can eat many good restaurant meals Big Grin

(26-07-2024, 02:21 PM)*天哥* Wrote:  That is why Ah Butt better pray really Trump lose...if he wins...property will sky rocket not even our URA can stop...now so many ABSD, BSD, blocked until like mad dog YET our landed precious asset you go n drive around landed estate..see how many rebuilding now. Just look at the construction board, you can see the owners details etc....Dun say TianKor never warn you guys..

Ahbutt's 2bedder can sell for at least 500k, with that he can buy 3 units at forest city. Aso can cycle around fc like tkl. Actually the beach there not bad, and quite well maintained
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post