Why giant and cold storage are not inclusive in CDC voucher

(07-01-2023, 12:03 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Normally a catch is not easy to figure out, unless you're one of the insiders. Not offering to Giant because it is not local owned cannot be a reason, as the govt operates on a fair basis, at least outwardly. You need to know the mindset of this govt.

What is fair.  Big Grin

(07-01-2023, 12:09 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  What is fair.  Big Grin

In this case, fair means they must offer to all supermarkets of a scale that operate in Singapore. This is the same for construction, where a contract is offered to all companies, regardless whether they are local or overseas. That's why you see so many Chinese construction companies being offered contracts.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/cdc-vo...h-payments

(07-01-2023, 12:13 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  In this case, fair means they must offer to all supermarkets of a scale that operate in Singapore. This is the same for construction, where a contract is offered to all companies, regardless whether they are local or overseas. That's why you see so many Chinese construction companies being offered contracts.

gaint and cold storage price varies, not bound by contract.
Also many retail not offer.

(07-01-2023, 12:18 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  gaint and cold storage price varies, not bound by contract.
Also many retail not offer.

I mention contract only to illustrate that the govt operates on a fair basis, not to mean that there is any contract in this CDC voucher case.

I also mentioned 'of a certain scale', so of course there could be many not included.

(07-01-2023, 12:16 PM)menghuii Wrote:  https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/cdc-vo...h-payments

Those overpaid 5 Mayors are too High Up and cannot connect with most people

don't know that some ah- soh must use basket and push market trolley

use handphone and then pay balance in cash

still must take out wallet and coin purse

then pack the groceries into the trolley

Think they have 4 hands?? 

Big Grin

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

How come cannot use CDC voucher to buy beer and cigarettes?  Rotfl

I like to drink beer leh.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(06-01-2023, 09:03 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How come? Why like this😡😡

No relationship with L family lah? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-01-2023, 02:17 PM)Ola Wrote:  Those overpaid 5 Mayors are too High Up and cannot connect with most people

don't know that some ah- soh must use basket and push market trolley

use handphone and then pay balance in cash

still must take out wallet and coin purse

then pack the groceries into the trolley

Think they have 4 hands?? 

Big Grin

Yup lor

(07-01-2023, 02:23 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  How come cannot use CDC voucher to buy beer and cigarettes?  Rotfl

I like to drink beer leh.

I think you can buy beer in NTUC supermarkets................. Laughing

(07-01-2023, 02:28 PM)debono Wrote:  I think you can buy beer in NTUC supermarkets................. Laughing

Cannot lah. Big Grin
If not, you can try it yourself.