Why is our Healthcare cost/ pax nearly as high as UK?

Based on the recent Budget 2022

Can the educated elites think of ways ton save and reduce the cost?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Whereas UK try to save cost unlike we spend out for nothing than claim need more so tax us more increase GST
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-61432498

Reduce exorbitant charges by private doctors. Some are prescribing unnecessary medication to our elderly because they hold the chas cards. As mentioned in this forum, dentists are also charging high prices for simple treatments.

But I know the govt sure won't do anything, because they're afraid of offending the doctors. In fact, they're afraid of offending all the rich capitalists so they will only offend the peasants.

(07-07-2022, 09:04 AM)Ola Wrote:  That is why I will not vote for PAP

They can overspend so much 10 years ago to pay

for so many Foreigners to be nurses for 4 years Nursing Dip in Nanyang PolyTech

Giving them free accommodation, too using tax payers money

but when those Foreigners work and serve their bond at LOW Salary

It gives hospital HIGH Margin and profits for many years

At the end, What did we gain except being taken for a ride?

You dont know we have Swiss standard of cost meh? Thinking

I have said many times to buy more medical insurance for yourself and your family. I have already given up on this garment.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

UN is now wori abt Global hunger big deal
Medical insurance sounds good but
covid s death might b suicides
or u will encounter lota of procrastinations when u claim
Actuarist s lists do not compute anymore

(07-07-2022, 10:11 AM)singlon Wrote:  UN is now wori abt Global hunger big deal

This will eventually lead to war.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

a new set of dominos of failing states first observed on 05072022
on the Russian rubles
falling for 6hrs like a rock
next day others follow
no analysts game enough to approach such a complex issue except in the area of QE-QT
cost of money is interest rates bring us to 1981 Paul volcker s 15%+ real 20%
[Image: Screenshot-from-2022-07-06-21-16-43.png]

According to Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, during the period of 2012 to 2017, there were higher manpower costs, mainly due to an expansion of the healthcare workforce, as well as higher salaries to attract and retain healthcare workers.

Senior Minister of State for Health Koh Poh Koon has stated that manpower accounts for 60% of healthcare costs.

(07-07-2022, 04:39 PM)Ola Wrote:  According to Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, during the period of 2012 to 2017, there were higher manpower costs, mainly due to an expansion of the healthcare workforce, as well as higher salaries to attract and retain healthcare workers.

Senior Minister of State for Health Koh Poh Koon has stated that manpower accounts for 60% of healthcare costs.

I bet he hide something is " Govt ownself create job to make local got job during the first year of Covi19, due to lock down etc globally hit many industries straight a lot jobless etc especially those in tourism. "

So come out " SDA , checkers etc jobs related to Covi19 " In fact Govt can assign it own civil servants help etc. from other Ministries to save cost but never.

One thing is due to " Image " they purposely create jobs thus can reduce the unemployment figures so MOM side can brag locals got jobs " despite Covi19 period "

A lot things they never say " straight and direct in depth " to be honest.