Why the HSI will be flat or move up today despite Dow 563pts plunge

Contrary to what many traders think will happen the HSI will open down but  lose flat or up.

I am using some newly trained machine learning models on the HSI. And the accuracy is quite good. Have not done real trades with it yet.

It detects funds inflows and various buying behaviors of market participants. 

Investors will continue buying the HSI index stocks today....driven mostly by value metric which is a magnet for longer term money.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-09-2021, 08:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Contrary to what many traders think will happen the HSI will open down but  lose flat or up.

I am using some newly trained machine learning models on the HSI. And the accuracy is quite good. Have not done real trades with it yet.

It detects funds inflows and various buying behaviors of market participants. 

Investors will continue buying the HSI index stocks today....driven mostly by value metric which is a magnet for longer term money.

New system can project any resistance or target ?

Market opens down 450pts then makes its way up...

[Image: DtEvKgb.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-09-2021, 09:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Market opens down 450pts then makes its way up...

[Image: DtEvKgb.jpg]

Good system but can this up maintain or not

(29-09-2021, 09:47 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Good system but can this up maintain or not

Still under test....but I already train it with alot of data already. 

I don't plan for it to be used for shirt term trades just to optimise my long term purchases.

HK public holiday on Friday, long weekend.

Who wants to hold over the long weekend???

8Umbrella Umbrella

(29-09-2021, 09:50 AM)klat Wrote:  HK public holiday on Friday, long weekend.

Who wants to hold over the long weekend???

U have a point, profit taking will set in

Sgbuffett, use this chart on STI can ?....or on OCBC, DBS ,UOB lah....US interest rate will be going up soon...

China Golden Week starts Oct 1 so your data can be 'blind'. Already these few days many will prefer to lighten portfolio before holidays. Are those authorities involved in China Evergrande hardworking to bash out a restructure package or just go away for the short break? Oct is a month known for Dow Crashes.

(29-09-2021, 10:17 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Sgbuffett, use this chart on STI can ?....or on OCBC, DBS ,UOB lah....US interest rate will be going up soon...

The STI does not lend itself to analysis much trading is choppy...and erratic....there is no active futures market which high liquidity.

Nothing much we can do to analyse. Dow sell off so people also worry and dump....that's my take.

(29-09-2021, 10:21 AM)A2Z Wrote:  China Golden Week starts Oct 1 so your data can be 'blind'. Already these few days many will prefer to lighten portfolio before holidays. Are those authorities involved in China Evergrande hardworking to bash out a restructure package or just go away for the short break? Oct is a month known for Dow Crashes.

When they "lighten" it means the trim off large short positions they accumulated during the recent sell down so that will aid the market to recover and bias up.

But I won't go and manually guess as there are thousands or hundreds of thousand trades taken and numerous factors. Just let the machine analyse. That's why I build the model.

It's like now someone invent a car but many are still walking to go places.  ..just use new technology to aid you..AI machine learning and low cost high performance processing can look and millions of data ...and work out the effects.

The human being guess here guess there is simply HOPELESS.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

HSI Now positive despite 560pt drop in dow...

[Image: qKFXfv7.jpg]

(29-09-2021, 01:47 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  HSI Now positive despite 560pt drop in dow...

[Image: qKFXfv7.jpg]

Today situation good for u to test out yr system. With long holiday profit take yet shorts covering. How yr system show today’s move? Up/down

(30-09-2021, 09:16 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Today situation good for u to test out yr system. With long holiday profit take yet shorts covering. How yr system show today’s move? Up/down

Forecast was for yesterday I did not run it for today.

(30-09-2021, 09:31 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Forecast was for yesterday I did not run it for today.

Today is critical to test yr system accuracy

(30-09-2021, 09:41 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Today is critical to test yr system accuracy

My take is will fall to 24100 range first

(30-09-2021, 09:42 AM)Zannn Wrote:  My take is will fall to 24100 range first

Broke 24100 range. Today very tough fight up n down.

kateks arseholes chow tar Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I haven't run the system since 29 Sep.

But just a quick visual check on HSI....it has fallen close to the 2020 March lows...the sharpness of the fall is comparable to the "Covid19" panic.

At these levels it does not make sense for long term investors not to buy.

for short term also once the margin accounts are forced to sell in the morning session the market will recover all its losses in the afternoon.
[Image: TRRp9Ta.jpg]

(06-10-2021, 11:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I haven't run the system since 29 Sep.

But just a quick visual check on HSI....it has fallen close to the 2020 March lows...the sharpness of the fall is comparable to the "Covid19" panic.

for short term also once the margin accounts are forced to sell in the morning session the market will recover all its losses in the afternoon.

Even margin force sell in morning, does not mean market will up in noon.

(06-10-2021, 11:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I haven't run the system since 29 Sep.

Good observation. Today is profit taking day