Such a tiny island country but can't implement 5G

(25-03-2023, 06:19 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I have been in touch with Gomo agents for a couple of months. The reason why I have yet to switch out is that they have been very nice and helpful in whatever ways they could. And latest is that they are sending request for their team to investigate.

Worst case is to switch out so I was looking at Starhub or Giga as alternative.

Of course the simplest way is to just switch off 5G and use the 4G service. But so strange for a tiny island on a 5G implementation, claiming full coverage yet it's just sounds good but doesn't work.. just like they can tell you train service had more major breakdown (after covid lockdown) but service index improved. Lol

Cheers.

Excused me.  What us 4G 5G and future 6G. What is expected of each new ascending XG? Is it just the speed znd coverage? I don't see/feel any difference. What is the significant difference? Can enlighten?

(25-03-2023, 09:41 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Excused me.  What us 4G 5G and future 6G. What is expected of each new ascending XG? Is it just the speed znd coverage? I don't see/feel any difference. What is the significant difference? Can enlighten?
In theory, 5G is 10 times faster than 4G and can hit 1000m/s. In practice sense in Sg your 4g is pulling at about 30-70m/s and 5g typically at stationary is pulling 300-600m/s. 6G likely even more instant.

5G allows automation and remote control easily. So you can have automatic vehicles, ports etc. Workers can be in Aircon office controlling a machinery at a dangerous worksite etc...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

(25-03-2023, 09:08 PM)debono Wrote:  Sometimes it is not easy to be number 1, all the time........... crying

Its abt not being no.1. You dunno anything ,still spent not your money being no.1 mindset.
Others laughing at us yet we still being boastful.

(25-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Sticw Wrote:  In theory, 5G is 10 times faster than 4G and can hit 1000m/s. In practice sense in Sg your 4g is pulling at about 30-70m/s and 5g typically at stationary is pulling 300-600m/s. 6G likely even more instant.

5G allows automation and remote control easily. So you can have automatic vehicles, ports etc. Workers can be in Aircon office controlling a machinery at a dangerous worksite etc...

In fact , some states in USA already on 5G for home users. One of my American friend using it currently.
BEST part there is no cap , unlimited also can test drive for one week than you decide want to sign or not.

But honestly speaking somehow ' overkill for home usage " 5G is more for industrial like what you mention.

For an example I still on 500mbps from Singtel is good enough. They keep pushing people upgrade to 1Gbps which I don't feel is necessary and as usual if you upgrade = pay more for it.

One thing is " if " Govt again force people upgrade just like 2G, 3G no more it take lots of times also expenses.

Industrial side also need to spend for upgrading , no doubt so call Govt will " sponsor " end of the day remember NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD.

(25-03-2023, 09:02 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  Huawei fake 5G is 4G

Whatever. Enjoy your 5G. 4G ought to be enough for most people.

Beware of imposter and trolls!

I'd expect 5G coverage not to be good as telcos are just rolling out the networks. I definitely won't be the first to try 5G since it'll take some time to iron out all the issues.

they cant even intergrate digitally the records of LTA internal depts and lta and TP, etc yet boast of being smart natiion, so what u expect?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(25-03-2023, 05:17 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Simple WhatsApp calls and msg can't come in... The network switch between 5G and 4G has some issue. I went to a Starhub shop and the guy told me it's all the same for the telcos all having this issue. So the only workaround is manually switching from 5G to 4G; which is dumb.

I'm on Gomo and I asked them if it's different from Singtel and they kept assuring it's the same. Was thinking of switching to Starhub or Giga...

why 5g when you are talking about whatsapp and msg.  3g can already serve you well.

(26-03-2023, 12:57 PM)drgn Wrote:  why 5g when you are talking about whatsapp and msg.  3g can already serve you well.

Ask Gomo Singtel why their 5g service cannot connect, doesn't switch to 4g to complete simple stuff like WhatsApp msg and calls lor... Lol

I also don't get it why..

At times I wonder if this serves like the CPF statement effect... Lol best test result ever.. but WhatsApp at times still can't send msg or call...

[Image: Screenshot-20230327-101326.jpg]

(26-03-2023, 01:11 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Ask Gomo Singtel why their 5g service cannot connect, doesn't switch to 4g to complete simple stuff like WhatsApp msg and calls lor... Lol

I also don't get it why..

more likely is your phone's problem

(28-03-2023, 01:17 PM)drgn Wrote:  more likely is your phone's problem

Then that's going to be a big issue...

And ironically after they agreed to send me a replacement SIM card that will arrive tomorrow... Today I had little error and issues... My network connection is like working just fine...

Changed SIM card liao like no problem liao. Lol

Heng I am still using 3G phone for whatsapp...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!