Why you should not use your credit card in Lazada & Aliexpress

Last yr Lazada servers were breached and user credentials were stolen and sold on the dark Web. A hacker entered my account and put items in my shopping cart ..

But I did not let my credit card be stored at the website so he could not make payment.....

later I found my language setting in Aliexpress was changed to Russian and the guy was browsing expensive watches and other expensive  items. Again, I was lucky I my credit card stored on site expired one month and I was issued a new credit card number that was not on the site. Aliexpress does not use OTP when you order so the hacker could have made payment if the card number wasn't expired ...so it was a close shave..

.Lesson learned ... is never 
pay using credit card on the site ...use pay now or NETS. If you die die want to use credit card turn off the default setting  to store it on the site.

If you use debit card it will be disastrous...the payment will deducted from your savings and banks will not return it  ...so never use debit card .

If credit card, you can try to dispute but banks may not return your money like in recent cases....

[Image: JNfPvlA.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Last year RedMart also kena hacked, right?

And why PayNow is safer?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(24-10-2021, 01:02 PM)Ola Wrote:  Last year RedMart also kena hacked, right?

And why PayNow is safer?

If you use paynow your credentials is on Singapore Bank site which has undergone security audit and requires OTP/token fornoayment to go through....that is harder for the hacker.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

laz recently quite kokup. goods already delivered but status still shows attempt to deliver, so buyer couldn't give reviews. the reward coins aso not useful.

(24-10-2021, 01:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Last yr Lazada servers were breached and user credentials were stolen and sold on the dark Web. A hacker entered my account and put items in my shopping cart ..

But I did not let my credit card be stored at the website so he could not make payment.....

later I found my language setting in Aliexpress was changed to Russian and the guy was browsing expensive watches and other expensive  items. Again, I was lucky I my credit card stored on site expired one month and I was issued a new credit card number that was not on the site. Aliexpress does not use OTP when you order so the hacker could have made payment if the card number wasn't expired ...so it was a close shave..

.Lesson learned ... is never 
pay using credit card on the site ...use pay now or NETS. If you die die want to use credit card turn off the default setting  to store it on the site.

If you use debit card it will be disastrous...the payment will deducted from your savings and banks will not return it  ...so never use debit card .

If credit card, you can try to dispute but banks may not return your money like in recent cases....

[Image: JNfPvlA.jpg]

Last time no Paynow how do you pay when buying from laz?...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(24-10-2021, 01:32 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Last time no Paynow how do you pay when buying from laz?...... Thinking

They have PayLah

(24-10-2021, 01:06 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you use paynow your credentials is on Singapore Bank site which has undergone security audit and requires OTP/token fornoayment to go through....that is harder for the hacker.

credit card also requires OTP to process

(24-10-2021, 02:32 PM)forum456 Wrote:  credit card also requires OTP to process

Plse read what I posted Aliexpress does not use OTP to effect payment using credit card

(24-10-2021, 02:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse read what I posted Aliexpress does not use OTP to effect payment using credit card

OTP belong to the credit card of your bank.
it has nothing to do with Lazada or Ali express.

if your payment exceeds $200, the bank of your credit card will ask for OTP during ALiexpress payment processing.
The OTP will be sent to your phone by your bank

(24-10-2021, 02:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse read what I posted Aliexpress does not use OTP to effect payment using credit card
I never trust all these websites and is very risky to disclosed credit card credentials. I only buy air tots online using my direct bank deductions.
Cool 

(24-10-2021, 01:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They have PayLah

I don't have Paylah. So how to pay?

Credit  Card / Debit Card not safe. So how to do Online Purchase?

What abt shopee?

if you hv dbs or posb account, very easy to set up paylah. can aso use in some shops
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Use youtrip which is a debit card under mastercard.

Yws never store credit card detail if they have multiple login sercurity

So far, I bought things from Aliexpress and Lazada.
Never give me any serious problem.

If you cancel your items.
Refund from Aliexpress and Lazada take 4 days.
Shopee refund only take 3 days.

Just only need to make sure if sellers never send your item after ordering within 3 to 4 days and without your request of delay. Just cancel the order. No need to waste time.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Think it is not store anymore.
My last encounter gets me suspicious.
Normal automatic becomes need to fill again.
I change my mind.
Now it gets weird.
My bank asks me to cut card in halves with blah blah blah
A new card is on the way.

intel
80K armed Haitians invades Texas

[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-25-at-00-25-39-cirstenw2.png]