Woman pays $5 'deposit' for house cleaning service, ends up losing $4,300 to scammers

Always shd not disclosed credit card no. and CVC no. to untrusted website link. In the first place, if any company request for such info, shd reject their services.

(24-11-2022, 09:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  This is why my debit card link with one of my bank account I don’t put much money inside

If low than I top up a bit

Because I noticed is literally anyone can use your debit card to withdraw money or spend. As long they know your card number and that cv 3 digital numbers

That's why I dun like to use credit card to buy things online. I only use Shopee for online stuff and pay with PayLah.  I dun use other online shops like Lazada, amazon, etc. even if price is cheaper.    Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Wow, that's absolutely terrible! It's so important to be cautious when dealing with online transactions, especially when it comes to sharing sensitive information like credit card details. Trust is crucial when hiring a cleaning company to ensure they won't take advantage of you or your hard-earned money. Recently, I tried out Blue Diamond Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing, and they were fantastic. They were reliable, trustworthy, and they did an amazing job. It's essential to find a company you can rely on so you don't end up in a similar situation.
[+] 2 users Like TwinMikes's post

anyone stupid fool who DOWNLOADED AN APP....

no sympathy

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

Old news ....November 2022...last year.

What happened to Bigiron and debono Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Nobody would think it’s a scam app until someone falls into it.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

Credit card should be no problem as the money is held from vendor and transaction can be cancelled.

It is those bank transfer implemented in recent years without use of hardware token that is a danger for everyone

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Dont download any app from eslewhere even ask to,, dont give card detail.

buy services and stuff from reliable source,, like shopee,, iherb,, amazon,, and so on,

i dont like to get my stuff from other source even if they are cheap..

ppl got scam cause they want cheap cheap.. so ended up got cheat..

(20-09-2023, 12:58 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Credit card should be no problem as the money is held from vendor and transaction can be cancelled.

It is those bank transfer implemented in recent years without use of hardware token that is a danger for everyone

if she did not give credit card detail. can they make transfer???
only give card detail to reliable ecommerce online.. like shopee and etc,

Online credit card transaction is still a problem today. The other day I paid for my daughter's glasses from Lenskart with credit card online. Surprised that there is no 2 FA, straight away went through. This bad lah.

But I knew it is not scam because it is a legit website and had my daughters eye details from our physical visit there earlier that day.