What Happens to an HDB Flat When the 99-Year Lease Is Up?

What Happens to an HDB Flat When the 99-Year Lease Is Up?
https://plannerbee.co/learn-personal-fin...ase-is-up/

PAP will get gangsters to evict u lah.....just like Batam property.

This issue again??!
HDB flats are leasehold and when leases end it is return to govt

When people buy be mindful of the rrmaining lease left.

A 100yr lease can stay for 2 generations. By the time my parents flat lease end I will be almost 100yrs old if I live that long.

Leases are priced accordingly and are more affordable than freehold.

People complaining about leases knew from the beginning what they are buying.

It's like they are trying to get an even better deal than what they paid for...I am totally against this.

In the past the govt acquired the land through land acquisition act from landlords who had possession over large plots of land. They had to rewrite the rules handed down by the British to do this. It is better that land be sold as leasehold so that the buyer is given a fixed period and there is no need yo forcibly repossess it by chanung rules. Also,  there can be planning for land returned to be redeveloped to keep Sjngapore vibrant.

Leasehold is a good idea and solves many long term issues.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 3 users Like sgbuffett's post

Many laokokoks will sleep on the streets. Rotfl
The day will come.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

That why that guy I meet on Saturday evening. If you going to buy rsesle 3rm flat you take to into consideration of number of lease left plus the condition.. minimum renovation needed

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(17-01-2022, 07:47 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Many laokokoks will sleep on the streets. Rotfl
The day will come.

You mean they can live in a home for 999yrs?
99 yrs is sufficiently long. Children or grandchildren knowing when the lease ends can prepare it.

I find all arguments to turn leasehold to freehold nonsensical people knew what they bought.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-01-2022, 07:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You mean they can live in a home for 999yrs?
99 yrs is sufficiently long. Children or grandchildren knowing when the lease ends can prepare it.

I find all arguments to turn leasehold to freehold nonsensical people knew what they bought.

You want to see laokokoks throwing onto the streets? Rotfl
Govt job is to take care the ppl not throw them onto the street.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

When times come, HDB already offer you some option and shift to make way for new development laiu.
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

(17-01-2022, 07:30 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  What Happens to an HDB Flat When the 99-Year Lease Is Up?
https://plannerbee.co/learn-personal-fin...ase-is-up/

POSTED ON JANUARY 26, 2022 BY OHMYHOME ??
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Hdb will extend for another 10 years just like coe, then extend again and again.

(17-01-2022, 11:45 AM)A2Z Wrote:  Hdb will extend for another 10 years just like coe, then extend again and again.

No point to keep on extending again and again, cos the superstructures are designed to last only 99 years.  After 99 years, the homes becomes unsuited for occupation.... crying

(17-01-2022, 07:42 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This issue again??!
HDB flats are leasehold and when leases end it is return to govt

When people buy be mindful of the rrmaining lease left.

A 100yr lease can stay for 2 generations. By the time my parents flat lease end I will be almost 100yrs old if I live that long.

Leases are priced accordingly and are more affordable than freehold.

People complaining about leases knew from the beginning what they are buying.

It's like they are trying to get an even better deal than what they paid for...I am totally against this.

In the past the govt acquired the land through land acquisition act from landlords who had possession over large plots of land. They had to rewrite the rules handed down by the British to do this. It is better that land be sold as leasehold so that the buyer is given a fixed period and there is no need yo forcibly repossess it by chanung rules. Also,  there can be planning for land returned to be redeveloped to keep Sjngapore vibrant.

Leasehold is a good idea and solves many long term issues.

Isnt this the same scams as Batam? Laughing

(17-01-2022, 07:54 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You want to see laokokoks throwing onto the streets? Rotfl
Govt job is to take care the ppl not throw them onto the street.
When you've a 2 party system like US, more homeless in the making.

More guns and senseless slaying and pushing off asians into the pathways of trains Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin