am so Westernised...And yet, I self-identify as a Chinese

(05-09-2022, 10:41 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You know the answer to the first question since you quoted me and your reaction to it Big Grin
Like I said, I did not reject anything... read what I wrote again.  Why are you trying to throw smoke bombs here and there?  Futile effort you know Big Grin

How's that possible that I know the answer...Ain't my style to make assumptions for folks like you.

That is why I give you the chance to clarify those 2 simple questions...

Yet you continue to be evasive....Which brings me to a 3rd question...are you ready ?

(05-09-2022, 10:50 PM)Manthink Wrote:  How's that possible that I know the answer...Ain't my style to make assumptions for folks like you.

That is why I give you the chance to clarify those 2 simple questions...

Yet you continue to be evasive....Which brings me to a 3rd question...are you ready ?

If you are not sensitive why did you take the trouble to find and search for that post and quote it, and make snide remarks about it when the post wasn't even in this original thread?  So sensitive yah and denying it?  No need to say give chance... I will whack anyone who try to be funny Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 10:48 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Now no need to say claim... anybody can read through the posts and attest to that.  You are now desperately trying to reframe and reframe again to push your dubious agenda Big Grin

I am abit surprise now you claim to speak for "anybody" when you remain incapable of articulating your vague sentence "very sensitive over a simple remark"... So where is that "reframe" part ?

(05-09-2022, 10:54 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am abit surprise now you claim to speak for "anybody" when you remain incapable of articulating your vague sentence "very sensitive over a simple remark"... So where is that "reframe" part ?

You are the one now shooting blanks all over the place.  You even claim that I made statements pertaining to questioning chinese identity in SG or indonesia.  I never said anything of that sort.  So aren't you reframing or for want of a better word, lying about what I said?

Also now answer my question as to why you got so worked up over my innocuous initial statement.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 10:53 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  If you are not sensitive why did you take the trouble to find and search for that post and quote it, and make snide remarks about it when the post wasn't even in this original thread?  So sensitive yah and denying it?  No need to say give chance... I will whack anyone who try to be funny Big Grin

Oh dear..now I am accused of being "not sensitive" and "sensitive" at the same time....and threatened to be "whack".

That nicely brings us back to your comment about "getting riled up...". What irony. Rolleyes

(05-09-2022, 09:02 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Hahaha, getting riled up here aren't we Big Grin  You seem like the weak minded sort that will be easily subverted Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 10:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You are the one now shooting blanks all over the place.  You even claim that I made statements pertaining to questioning chinese identity in SG or indonesia.  I never said anything of that sort.  So aren't you reframing or for want of a better word, lying about what I said?
Also now answer my question as to why you got so worked up over my innocuous initial statement.

Just to be sure - Do you mean this post ?

(05-09-2022, 02:20 PM)Manthink Wrote:  The Indonesian Chinese neither "worship chao amdk or Middle Kingdom"...and yet their cultures and identity are often exploited and politicized in the name of anti Communism in the 1960s...Even though they are born and rise in in Indonesia.

(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Oh dear..now I am accused of being "not sensitive" and "sensitive" at the same time....and threatened to be "whack".

That nicely brings us back to your comment about "getting riled up...". What irony. Rolleyes

Omg.... the English language clearly is not your forte...  Confused

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(05-09-2022, 11:02 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Omg.... the English language clearly is not your forte...  Confused

I am only good in singlish...pardon my lack of AMTK standard england hor. Rolleyes

Edit - peisey...I found out what "getting riled up" means..

Was that the reason why you wanna "whack" others?

(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Oh dear..now I am accused of being "not sensitive" and "sensitive" at the same time....and threatened to be "whack".

(05-09-2022, 10:53 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  If you are not sensitive why did you take the trouble to find and search for that post and quote it, and make snide remarks about it when the post wasn't even in this original thread?  So sensitive yah and denying it?  No need to say give chance... I will whack anyone who try to be funny Big Grin

Sigh... Actually "not sensitive" here means sensitive.  No contradiction here again. I think it is your grasp and comprehension of the language that has given rise to your various misgivings in this thread. And go Google "metaphorically" Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:11 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am only good in singlish...pardon my lack of AMTK standard england hor. Rolleyes

I'll try one more time.... Let's just agree to disagree.  Peace  Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Sigh... Actually "not sensitive" here means sensitive.  No contradiction here again.  I think it is your grasp and comprehension of the language that has given rise to your various misgivings in this thread.  And go Google "metaphorically" Big Grin

I am curious - Are you an England teacher who is only interested in grammatical correctness and SGtalker's "comprehension of the language" ?

(05-09-2022, 11:18 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I am curious - Are you an England teacher who is only interested in grammatical correctness and SGtalker's "comprehension of the language" ?

I am chow ah beng Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:14 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I'll try one more time.... Let's just agree to disagree.  Make Peace now can?

For the record, I am not even bothered with your "agree to disagree" view since disagreement is part and parcel of any online forum.
Which is why I tend to post questions and sharing my observations and views....including my response to your "innocuous initial statement..." with the Youtube report on Chinese in Indonesia....

Oddly, you remain silence on this ...Is that why you lable me as "very sensitive over a simple remark" ?

(05-09-2022, 11:26 PM)Manthink Wrote:  For the record, I am not even bothered with your "agree to disagree" view since disagreement is part and parcel of any online forum.
Which is why I tend to post questions and sharing my observations and views....including my response to your "innocuous initial statement..." with the Youtube report on Chinese in Indonesia....

Oddly, you remain silence on this ...Is that why you lable me as "very sensitive over a simple remark" ?

Now that I think I know you better over the course of these few hours I think you will probably miss the nuances of the remarks.  I didn't remain silent to your post in fact I replied to it.  So we can either agree to disagree or we can continue... Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:32 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Now that I think I know you better over the course of these few hours I think you will probably miss the nuances of the remarks.  I didn't remain silent to your post in fact I replied to it.  So we can either agree to disagree or we can continue... Big Grin

Well, I have good news for you -  As I had mentioned,  this isn't about "agree to disagree" nor missing some nuances (aka vague) remarks nor "know you better" story...It is simply about your apparent evasiveness from my reply to "your "innocuous initial statement." Rolleyes

(05-09-2022, 11:19 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am chow ah beng Big Grin

..and I am 包青天 Rolleyes

(05-09-2022, 11:44 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Well, I have good news for you -  As I had mentioned,  this isn't about "agree to disagree" nor missing some nuances (aka vague) remarks nor "know you better" story...It is simply about your apparent evasiveness from my reply to "your "innocuous initial statement." Rolleyes

You probably think agree to disagree is some kind of bad thing.  Lol.  I reiterate I met you squarely on all points you raised.

(05-09-2022, 11:48 PM)Manthink Wrote:  ..and I am 包青天 Rolleyes

If it makes you happy Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You probably think agree to disagree is some kind of bad thing.  Lol.  I reiterate I met you squarely on all points you raised.

LOL! Not only you are vague in your replies, you are increasing unsure: Why u use the word "probably" when I stated clearly "disagreement is part and parcel of any online forum..." ?    

If that is a "bad thing", I wouldn't have told you that I enjoy observing (and even exposing) liars and hypocrites in SGtalk. Remember ? Rolleyes

(06-09-2022, 12:09 AM)Manthink Wrote:  LOL! Not only you are vague in your replies, you are increasing unsure: Why u use the word "probably" when I stated clearly "disagreement is part and parcel of any online forum..." ?    

If that is a "bad thing", I wouldn't have told you that I enjoy observing (and even exposing) liars and hypocrites in SGtalk. Remember ? Rolleyes

I am never vague in my replies,  I already told you I don't mince my words.  But I am uncertain as to your abliity to comprehend clearly what is being said.  It's like duck and chicken talk you know Big Grin

(05-09-2022, 11:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  If it makes you happy Big Grin

Happy? That's an understatement. Tongue

The longer you remain silence to my reply to your "your "innocuous initial statement", the more it confirms my observation on why you continue to be evasive on the specific topic of Chinese in Indonesia... which either you are ignorance of or in denial.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-am-so-Westerni...#pid344935

(06-09-2022, 12:19 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Happy? That's an understatement. Tongue

The longer you remain silence to my reply to your "your "innocuous initial statement", the more it confirms my observation on why you continue to be evasive on the specific topic of Chinese in Indonesia... which either you are ignorance of or in denial.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-am-so-Westerni...#pid344935

Lol.  I think you had better google sarcasm as well Big Grin  

Also, I wasn't silent.  You have read my reply, it's just that you choose to ignore it

(06-09-2022, 12:12 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am never vague in my replies,  I already told you I don't mince my words.  But I am uncertain as to your abliity to comprehend clearly what is being said.  It's like duck and chicken talk you know Big Grin

Fair enuf... I am sure SGtalkers appreciate your directness and not talking cock... Rolleyes

(05-09-2022, 11:19 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I am chow ah beng Big Grin

(06-09-2022, 12:24 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Fair enuf... I am sure SGtalkers appreciate your directness and not talking cock... Rolleyes

No contradiction again... tsk tsk Big Grin

(06-09-2022, 12:24 AM)p1acebo Wrote:   Lol.  I think you had better google sarcasm as well Big Grin    Also, I wasn't silent.  You have read my reply, it's just that you choose to ignore it

Of course you aren't "silence" when come to sarcasm...That was why you make an e.g of Chinese Indonesian as minority who "control much of the businesses and wealth." as "just their luck".. Readers will be surprised that you bothered to fact check before passing those sarcastic remarks.

(05-09-2022, 03:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  This is racial tension.  Just their luck they were born as a minority race there and yet control much of the businesses and wealth.

(06-09-2022, 12:26 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  No contradiction again... tsk tsk Big Grin

Liar.

(06-09-2022, 12:30 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Of course you aren't "silence" when come to sarcasm...That was why you make an e.g of Chinese Indonesian as minority who "control much of the businesses and wealth." as "just their luck".. Readers will be surprised that you bothered to fact check before passing those sarcastic remarks.

You are the liar.  Anybody can read what I wrote and how you are twisting and turning my words instead to make it sound like sarcasm.  Tsk Tsk.

You said you are ok with disagreement.  So I disagree with you.  So why so riled up?

(06-09-2022, 12:31 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Liar.

Must be talking about yourself.

(06-09-2022, 12:35 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  You are the liar.  Anybody can read what I wrote and how you are twisting and turning my words instead to make it sound like sarcasm.  Tsk Tsk.

You said you are ok with disagreement.  So I disagree with you.  So why so riled up?

(06-09-2022, 12:36 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Must be talking about yourself.

Notice your repetitions ? Again, allow me to explain the misunderstanding :

I am just simply being more observant, post consistent questions, and sharing my views - All based on facts, historical clips and quotes from those liars who keep repeating their mistakes.

...in short, I am more than happy that a Liar disagree with me.   Rolleyes

(06-09-2022, 12:50 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Notice your repetitions ? Again, allow me to explain the misunderstanding :

I am just simply being more observant, post consistent questions, and sharing my views - All based on facts, historical clips and quotes from those liars who keep repeating their mistakes.

...in short, I am more than happy that a Liar disagree with me.   Rolleyes

So tell me, how does being pbanned in EDMW due to your pro communist postings feel like?  No wonder you were so riled up and getting your panties knotted up in a frenzy  Rotfl Rotfl