second straight round of record-high COEs

(05-04-2023, 08:18 PM)Instinct Wrote:  A year of COE and ABSD will be enuf to pay for it. đź‘Ť

Still can enough to collect more very fast and very soon.  Rotfl

(05-04-2023, 08:21 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Car is cheap, the tax one need to buy is more then the car.  crying

Many can store in storage, for 2, 3, 4 5 and more car's.

Smile
Erp also increase

We are already poor, poorer, maybe poorer then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and maybe the 5th... Rotfl

(05-04-2023, 08:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile
Erp also increase

Owning a car in Singapore is an expensive item, must buy COE, motor insurance, road tax, parking, petrol, maintenance and ERP. charges........... Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 08:45 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  We are already poor, poorer, maybe poorer then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and maybe the 5th... Rotfl

Now, many BTO 3-rooms and 4-rooms flat, abit of 5-rooms. (In 3rd, 4th and 5th class) Rotfl

(05-04-2023, 08:45 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  We are already poor, poorer, maybe poorer then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and maybe the 5th... Rotfl
No any more 5-rooms on sales.

https://uchify.com/first-bto-launch-2023/

Currently are rented cars, taxis and company cars considered as Commercial COEs or compete with Cat A, B and E?

Private car owners should not be competing with commercial purpose vehicle registration (not just buses, vans and lorries. The financial muscle is completely different.

(05-04-2023, 09:06 PM)toothpick Wrote:  Currently are rented cars, taxis and company cars considered as Commercial COEs or compete with Cat A, B and E?

Private car owners should not be competing with commercial purpose vehicle registration (not just buses, vans and lorries. The financial muscle is completely different.

Do you have a better solution...............? Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 09:08 PM)debono Wrote:  Do you have a better solution...............? Big Grin

First car in a household normal road tax. Second car in a household 10 X normal road tax. Third car 20 X normal road tax. And so on. Charge ABSD also based on same address.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

Don't blame anyone for high COE price. Blame yourself for not making enough $ to buy a car!

(05-04-2023, 09:39 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Don't blame anyone for high COE price. Blame yourself for not making enough $ to buy a car!

Blame yourself for being in the 60% group

8Umbrella Umbrella

Just now news
Car dealer etc claim

Still will have ppl buy car they don’t feel worry.

(05-04-2023, 06:31 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Malaysia RM$40,000 can buy a new car.  Rotfl

Benz GLA nice hor  Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 06:59 PM)Dan Wrote:  It's not the car or motorcycle ..... look at the bigger picture
It's the inability of the PAP to bring in money from abroad
This is what's happening here.
They import the rich and give them citizenships
Drive up property, rental, food and transport prices
Collect more revenues from increased taxes, COE, and GST ... etcs to meet their GDP

Is this the best they could do?
Angry Angry Angry

(05-04-2023, 07:44 PM)debono Wrote:  But getting a loan to buy a car when one cannot pay it's installments is stupid.............. Big Grin

To some ppl and certain race face important lar.

(06-04-2023, 01:38 PM)sgh Wrote:  To some ppl and certain race face important lar.

You are Wrong , is literally Every Race now.

Don't compare cars in Malaysia, unless you work there earning ringgit. Compare is fine, but don't cherry pick!

Is there something wrong withe the English?

[Image: ZvYx8Pi.jpg]

1. Is phrase "2nd straight round" proper English?
2. Shouldn't it be "another consecutive round" or "back to back"

I remember made like to use phrase like "straight bus to Toa Payoh" when it should be "direct bus to Toa Payoh"

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.