PAP must improve it communicates, its policies and on it opposition's: Lawrence Wong

PAP must improve how it communicates, highlight differences between its policies and opposition's: Lawrence Wong

Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong also addressed the leadership transition, and says he is ready for his "next assignment".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...on-3898196
PAP must improve how it communicates – not just rely on government communications – making it clear what it stands for and its long-term plans.

"We need to highlight the differences between the policies of the PAP and the policies of the opposition," said Mr Wong, adding that in most areas the opposition's proposed policies are "shades of the PAP's policies".

"But in some areas, the positions are fundamentally different, and we must explain why our approach is better for Singapore and Singaporeans."

Policies do not happen in a vacuum and are driven by politics, said Mr Wong, adding that long-term policies require "political durability and consistency" to follow through.
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

🤣🤣🤣🤣 improve kee lan...

They should overhaul themselves look at their top management still stick to old mindset
Still can talk about IT and AI ?
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Planning workable solutions is better and best
that can at times created long term help for people's in some situations. Like upping old age to help old workers, their home control, helping young and old, convincing seniors to taking up work is a positively ia helping to stay healthy.

I think so. Right. Clapping

Problem is not the way it communicates its policies ...it is the policies themselves

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(05-11-2023, 03:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Problem is not the way it communicates its policies ...it is the policies themselves

The fact that they think it's a problem of communication shows that they're disconnected from the people.

Ignore List: Oyk
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

Ysh02 30/09/2023. (06:56AM)
"I think after GE 2025 lah....LW need to passed his PM probation period one year mah...."

It is be'4 GE 2025. If very things is ok... Clapping  

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Why-is-this-th...-step-down

(05-11-2023, 03:47 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Ysh02 30/09/2023. (06:56AM)
"I think after GE 2025 lah....LW need to passed his PM probation period one year mah...."

It is be'4 GE 2025. If very things is ok... Clapping  

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Why-is-this-th...-step-down
[Image: tenor.gif]

(05-11-2023, 03:59 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  [Image: tenor.gif]
Tee tiong huat 

"Scythian Wrote: It's going to get tougher and tougher into the future so, better step down fast.
Do it while you can"

Huliwang (Supreme Guru)Reputation: 128
#1730-09-2023, 02:02 PM
(30-09-2023, 01:40 PM)
"No need for you to worry for PM Lee to step down lah. Times is definitely going to get tougher as more levies on the horizon are imposed as planned. This is a good reason for PM Lee to dig in and stay on. (Oni for One year Only) There is a saying, "when the going gets tough, the toughs like our PM Lee gets going". So you can be rest assured that PM Lee will be around until times get better." Thk thk.

huh??

You mean Shoot Blank Queen is not communicating right as

Minister of InfoComm?

She has done her eye surgery but still cannot communicate effectively ?

[Image: JT-photos-thru-the-years-1.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(05-11-2023, 03:20 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Planning workable solutions is better and best that can at times created long term help for people's in some situations. Like upping old age to help old workers, their home control, helping young and old, convincing seniors to taking up work is a positively ia helping to stay healthy.

Before next General Election. PM Lee to hand over leadership to DPM Lawrence Wong by November 2024, the leadership transition will take place on People's Action Party's 70th birthday – Nov 21 next year – "if all goes well", says PM Lee Hsien Loong.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/

(05-11-2023, 03:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The fact that they think it's a problem of communication shows that they're disconnected from the people.

Some foreigner tourist came and immediately see the problem of high cost of card and homes vs median income. I guess its like frog boiling ..politicians don't realise the problems they caused by importing so many people in a short time

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(05-11-2023, 03:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Problem is not the way it communicates its policies ...it is the policies themselves

you are genius !

how can we have a policy of 3 years to resolve an adultery case ?

(05-11-2023, 08:37 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Some foreigner tourist came and immediately see the problem of high cost of card and homes vs median income. I guess its like frog boiling ..politicians don't realise the problems they caused by importing so many people in a short time

I've mentioned it a few times in this forum. The reason is LHL does not want to live in the shadows of his father, who gave him shoes too big for anyone to wear. Thus, he has to resort to pumping steroid into the economy. This is good for short term boost but long term wise it will be a problem because to build a house you got to have the foundations done right, meaning that this could not be rushed but build things up slowly.

I see LHL as a victim of his times. His tragedy is to have too great a man as his father.

[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(05-11-2023, 09:28 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I've mentioned it a few times in this forum. The reason is LHL does not want to live in the shadows of his father, who gave him shoes too big for anyone to wear. Thus, he has to resort to pumping steroid into the economy. This is good for short term boost but long term wise it will be a problem because to build a house you got to have the foundations done right, meaning that this could not be rushed but build things up slowly.

I see LHL as a victim of his times. His tragedy is to have too great a man as his father.

If his Lao pei is not LKY will he be in the current position and enjoy high salary

LW trying hard to smoke sinkies for the next GE ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(05-11-2023, 09:30 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  If his Lao pei is not LKY will he be in the current position and enjoy high salary

He won't. So his being a son of LKY has both advantage and disadvantage. The disadvantge is people are always comparing him to his father, and being an egoistic person, LHL wants to prove that he's as good, if not better.

Singapore is the BEST lah!😃😄🤑😛🥳

Singapore has replaced Japan for having the world’s most powerful passport, allowing visa-free entry to 192 global destinations, according to the latest Henley Passport Index.

After five years at the top, Japan dropped to third place

(05-11-2023, 09:32 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  LW trying hard to smoke sinkies for the next GE ?
Difficult' for Iswaran to undertake MP duties amid CPIB probe: Lawrence Wong. Other West Coast GRC MPs will cover for him, says Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong, who adds that this case is "very different" from the Ridout Road episode.... Clapping
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-3622871

(05-11-2023, 02:53 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  They should overhaul themselves look at their top management still stick to old mindset
Still can talk about IT and AI ?
They are stil surviving in their own imperial times. And claiming we are 1st world country?

(05-11-2023, 09:28 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I've mentioned it a few times in this forum. The reason is LHL does not want to live in the shadows of his father, who gave him shoes too big for anyone to wear. Thus, he has to resort to pumping steroid into the economy. This is good for short term boost but long term wise it will be a problem because to build a house you got to have the foundations done right, meaning that this could not be rushed but build things up slowly.

wow!
many dragons n tigers here with IQ >80

V GD ANALYTICAL ASSESSMENT

(06-11-2023, 10:29 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  They are stil surviving in their own imperial times. And claiming we are 1st world country?
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗺𝘂𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗻𝗮𝗺, 𝗮 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀. When he is Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Social Policies. 

He, Tharman Shanmugaratnam had  signalled his intention to work with DPM Lawrence Wong standing in now as a Singapore president. The the newest team in year 21 Nov 2024. Clapping .

(05-11-2023, 02:39 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  PAP must improve how it communicates, highlight differences between its policies and opposition's: Lawrence Wong

Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong also addressed the leadership transition, and says he is ready for his "next assignment".

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...on-3898196
PAP must improve how it communicates – not just rely on government communications – making it clear what it stands for and its long-term plans.

"We need to highlight the differences between the policies of the PAP and the policies of the opposition," said Mr Wong, adding that in most areas the opposition's proposed policies are "shades of the PAP's policies".

"But in some areas, the positions are fundamentally different, and we must explain why our approach is better for Singapore and Singaporeans."

Policies do not happen in a vacuum and are driven by politics, said Mr Wong, adding that long-term policies require "political durability and consistency" to follow through.
Singapore DPM Lawrence Wong highlight on PAP's leadership Transition, Coming this next year. 21 Nov 2024.
https://youtu.be/l-nvbfghK3U?si=GYnuUFv8s2OV__6-

(06-11-2023, 03:12 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Singapore DPM Lawrence Wong highlight on PAP's leadership Transition, Coming this next year. 21 Nov 2024.
https://youtu.be/l-nvbfghK3U?si=GYnuUFv8s2OV__6-

People's Action Party (PAP) Chairman Khaw Boon Wan startsd a process involving ministers, as well as met each one of them individually, to sound out their personal confidence and to facilitate a new consensus on a 4G leader.

"Mr Khaw found that the overwhelming majority of those consulted, supported Minister Wong as the leader. 

Earlier today, Mr Khaw briefed Cabinet Ministers, as well as the Speaker and NTUC Secretary-General, on his findings, and all endorsed the decision for Minister Wong to lead the team."

"The views of the Prime Minister Lee and the two Senior Ministers were not sought."

(05-11-2023, 03:20 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Planning workable solutions is better and best
that can at times created long term help for people's in some situations. Like upping old age to help old workers, their home control, helping young and old, convincing seniors to taking up work is a positively ia helping to stay healthy.

In a Facebook post following announcement, Mr Heng expressed his "wholehearted" support for and confidence in Mr Wong. As new leader of People's Action Party's (PAP) fourth-generation (4G) team, Finance Minister Lawrence Wong has the qualities to forge new paths for Singapore and bring people together, said Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat.

(05-11-2023, 02:39 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  PAP must improve how it communicates, highlight differences between its policies and opposition's: Lawrence Wong

PAP gives workfare only to Singaporeans. If your salary is less than $2500 a month, the government tops it up by as much as $350 a month.

Jamus Lim wants minimum wage for all occupations. Foreigners will love that because they will all get paid more if the jobs they are doing now must pay minimum this or that.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

What empty rhetoric.. you wrote a lot with no substance. You only wrote your opinion, what you think, but nobody needs to agree hor.  Rolleyes

(05-11-2023, 09:39 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  He won't. So his being a son of LKY has both advantage and disadvantage. The disadvantge is people are always comparing him to his father, and being an egoistic person, LHL wants to prove that he's as good, if not better.

Egoistic? That's your opinion. Please comment with substance and stop making random statements just to impress.  Rolleyes

(05-11-2023, 03:36 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The fact that they think it's a problem of communication shows that they're disconnected from the people.

‘I am all in, heart and soul’: Lawrence Wong, on taking on PM job. After 25 years in public service, leader-in-waiting says the ‘biggest responsibility of all’ lies ahead.

(06-11-2023, 03:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Egoistic? That's your opinion. Please comment with substance and stop making random statements just to impress.  Rolleyes
21 Nov 2024, is ONLY a year more... Clapping

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...ing-pm-job