SG Talk

Full Version: Royal pardon for Najib: Online polls show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In bolehland, everything can be boleh. Guilty also can goes free thru back door. Hope our side also don’t be a copy cat and follows the same style.
Time to leave the place in jail for Dr. M and Mr Diam!
82%...wow!!!
3 cheers for Bolehland!!! 👍 Cheers!!!
(30-01-2024, 04:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Time to leave the place in jail for Dr. M and Mr Diam!

You seem to show some real respect for your ex-ministers.
(30-01-2024, 05:01 PM)moonrab Wrote: [ -> ]82%...wow!!!
3 cheers for Bolehland!!! 👍 Cheers!!!

JHKs were very emotional when they voted Najib out.  It was not a rational decision but one that was emotion-driven.  He stole Malaysia's money!  He stole our money!  Vote him out!
(30-01-2024, 05:11 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]JHKs were very emotional when they voted Najib out.  It was not a rational decision but one that was emotion-driven.  He stole Malaysia's money!  He stole our money!  Vote him out!

Now they luv him..82%..👍
(30-01-2024, 03:56 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacif...024-01-10/

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.theedgema...=1920&q=75]

Of course innocent lah! Big Grin
Mahathir and his cronies also stole a lot of Msia’s money. And that is why 3.5 to 1. In the early days Sg, Msia and Brunei all 1 to 1.

You want corrupt and useless gahment, just look up north Laughing
If Malaysia had not booted us out, Lky would have been spending all his life fixings endless issues of power struggle and factional politics driven by corruption... No surprise he would even be voted out by the Malay majority.

He would not have a free rein to do what he did for Singapore. Even if we did better than all the other states, our revenue would have to go to the Federal Government which will distribute it in this order:

1. Into the politicians' pockets
2. The meaningless sultans
3. Remainder - various states.

We would not have 1 for 3.5 or 1 for 1 or whatever. Why? Because we would all be using ringgit which is a very weak currency compared with major currencies like the USD, Euro..Rotfl
(30-01-2024, 09:17 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]i am....
[Image: SCHVQ.gif]
(30-01-2024, 09:17 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: SCHVu.png]
(30-01-2024, 03:50 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...-the-issue

Jiat lat Johor sultan next agong against corruption, dont think Najib will get the pardon,,

in fact, he may up the sentnece to 30 yrs... good for malaysia.
I prefer Najib to the wily fox Mahathir. The former is at least friendly to Singapore Big Grin
(31-01-2024, 07:11 AM)Rubitin Wrote: [ -> ]Have to set free or the 82% mean nothing. Big Grin

Yes the ruler will listen to the people's heart ❤️...😊
(30-01-2024, 04:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Time to leave the place in jail for Dr. M and Mr Diam!
Malaysia Pardons Board Decided on Najib’s Case, Edge Reports Updated on 30 January 2024
Malaysia’s pardons board headed by the King met on Monday, according to a cabinet minister, after a report said the meeting had decided on an application from imprisoned former prime minister Najib Razak.

Zaliha Mustafa, a minister in the Prime Minister’s Department who sits on the Pardons Board, told reporters on Tuesday that the meeting took place at the national palace. She didn’t say if Najib’s pardon bid was discussed. Najib Razak -- Former Malaysia King Cuts Najib’s Jail Term to 6 Years, CNA Reports???.

MALAYSIA-ROYALS-KING
Billionaire Sultan Takes Malaysia Crown as Royals Gain Influence. King of Malaysia Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar in Kuala Lumpur on Jan. 31.
(01-02-2024, 11:19 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote: [ -> ]Malaysia Pardons Board Decided on Najib’s Case, Edge Reports Updated on 30 January 2024
Malaysia’s pardons board headed by the King met on Monday, according to a cabinet minister, after a report said the meeting had decided on an application from imprisoned former prime minister Najib Razak.

Zaliha Mustafa, a minister in the Prime Minister’s Department who sits on the Pardons Board, told reporters on Tuesday that the meeting took place at the national palace. She didn’t say if Najib’s pardon bid was discussed. Najib Razak -- Former Malaysia King Cuts Najib’s Jail Term to 6 Years, CNA Reports???.

MALAYSIA-ROYALS-KING
Billionaire Sultan Takes Malaysia Crown as Royals Gain Influence. King of Malaysia Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar in Kuala Lumpur on Jan. 31.
The partial royal pardon for Najib's role in the 1MDB case includes a reduction of his RM210 million (US$44.4 million) fine to an unspecified amount
Najib has served less than two years of his prison term and could be out in August 2026, if granted parole for good behaviour

Former prime minister is still believed to wield huge influence in UMNO, the party he led which is now part of Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’s unity govt.

31 Jan 2024 01:51PM  -- KUALA LUMPUR: Former Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak’s jail sentence for corruption has been reduced from 12 to six years by Pardons Board following its meeting on Monday (Jan 29), sources including senior government officials told CNA.

The decision by the board, which is headed by Malaysia’s king, includes a reduction of his RM210 million (US$44.4 million) fine to an unspecified amount, according to three separate sources who spoke on condition of strict confidentiality.
(30-01-2024, 03:50 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...-the-issue

Quote:A total of 82% of 16,562 voters were in favour of freeing Najib, 15% disagreed and 3% were undecided.

It is fascinating that Najib to this day still retains a very strong support amongst the Malay community and perhaps also substantial ones from the Chinese and Indians.

One of my business acquaintances in Malaysia is one such Najib supporter. To paraphrase his words "During the Najib days, I knew who to approach to get things done, how much to pay, when to pay and have a reasonable estimate on the probability of success. Nowadays I have no idea, I randomly pay people and things are still not done at the end of the day."

Anwar started out with strong expectations from the populace that he will tackle corruption, but from the looks of things the whole exercise is turning out to be yet another targeted political purge with his enemies being investigated and prosecuted while his equally scandalous deputy Ahmad Zahid is having a great time untouched.

Unfortunately running a country is not a simple matter of simply choosing who you think is less corrupted, the Malaysians learnt this the hard way and such sentiments are surfacing in a twisted nostalgia for Najib.
(31-01-2024, 07:22 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Najib to the wily fox Mahathir.  The former is at least friendly to Singapore Big Grin

Take Najib out and put Mahathir in lah! Big Grin
(01-02-2024, 12:28 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Take Najib out and put Mahathir in lah! Big Grin

No!!!!!  Rolleyes
(31-01-2024, 07:22 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Najib to the wily fox Mahathir.  The former is at least friendly to Singapore Big Grin
Malaysia's new king is a billionaire with a collection of 300 luxury cars, his own private army, and family ties to Hitler. 

Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has been crowned the new king of Malaysia.

The billionaire investor will rule for five years as part of the country's rotating monarchy.

Sultan Ibrahim has a luxury car collection, family ties to Hitler, and a private army.
Malaysia has a new billionaire king who has his own army, a fleet of private jets, and 300 luxury cars, including one apparently gifted by Adolf Hitler.

Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar, 65, was crowned the country's king on Wednesday in a ceremony attended by Malaysia's Prime Minister, cabinet members, and members of Malaysia's nine royal families.

The outspoken royal appears to want to make an impact in his role. He told the Singapore Straits Times last month that he is determined not to waste five years on the throne as a "puppet king."

He is already raising eyebrows with his displays of wealth and candid manner. A Bloomberg profile described the king as a "motorcycle-riding, Ferrari-driving, Instagram-savvy royal."
https://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia...dar-2024-1
(01-02-2024, 11:49 AM)maxsanic Wrote: [ -> ]It is fascinating that Najib to this day still retains a very strong support amongst the Malay community and perhaps also substantial ones from the Chinese and Indians.

One of my business acquaintances in Malaysia is one such Najib supporter. To paraphrase his words "During the Najib days, I knew who to approach to get things done, how much to pay, when to pay and have a reasonable estimate on the probability of success. Nowadays I have no idea, I randomly pay people and things are still not done at the end of the day."

Anwar started out with strong expectations from the populace that he will tackle corruption, but from the looks of things the whole exercise is turning out to be yet another targeted political purge with his enemies being investigated and prosecuted while his equally scandalous deputy Ahmad Zahid is having a great time untouched.

Unfortunately running a country is not a simple matter of simply choosing who you think is less corrupted, the Malaysians learnt this the hard way and such sentiments are surfacing in a twisted nostalgia for Najib.

Najib more friendly to Singapore lah! Big Grin
(01-02-2024, 03:50 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Najib more friendly to Singapore lah! Big Grin

Actually for Singapore anyone will do as long as it's not Dr M. 

The rest of the lot are all pragmatist and equally corrupted and we can work with them as long as we give a good grease to the wheels. The only problematic one is Dr M as this guy is more of an ideologue with a Malay persecution complex, thankfully the guy has been abandoned by Malaysians and is no longer a political force. Wink
(01-02-2024, 03:48 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote: [ -> ]Malaysia's new king is a billionaire with a collection of 300 luxury cars, his own private army, and family ties to Hitler. 

Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar has been crowned the new king of Malaysia.

The billionaire investor will rule for five years as part of the country's rotating monarchy.

Sultan Ibrahim has a luxury car collection, family ties to Hitler, and a private army.
Malaysia has a new billionaire king who has his own army, a fleet of private jets, and 300 luxury cars, including one apparently gifted by Adolf Hitler.

Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar, 65, was crowned the country's king on Wednesday in a ceremony attended by Malaysia's Prime Minister, cabinet members, and members of Malaysia's nine royal families.

The outspoken royal appears to want to make an impact in his role. He told the Singapore Straits Times last month that he is determined not to waste five years on the throne as a "puppet king."

He is already raising eyebrows with his displays of wealth and candid manner. A Bloomberg profile described the king as a "motorcycle-riding, Ferrari-driving, Instagram-savvy royal."
https://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia...dar-2024-1
The onl one, is the Old Fox. Fox dare, a former two (2X) times PM Mahathir Mohamad, he dare to criticized the Johor family's business dealings, according to Bloomberg, reported that the king's various investments go directly against the country's constitutional rule that a king "shall not actively engage in any commercial enterprise."

"Fox said, they should not be involved in business," only he said says in a recent interview, according to Bloomberg. "Unfortunately?, Malays cannot say no to their rulers. This culture is such that, if the rulers want to do something, whatever the constitution or the law may say, they cannot say no," he added.

Despite law forbidding them to do so, none or few politicians have openly spoken out against sultans over the years. "The civil servants cannot say no. Even the politicians cannot say no." The Malaysian govt did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter. Representatives for the king could not be reached.
(01-02-2024, 04:50 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote: [ -> ]The onl one, is the Old Fox. Fox dare, a former two (2X) times PM Mahathir Mohamad, he dare to criticized the Johor family's business dealings, according to Bloomberg, reported that the king's various investments go directly against the country's constitutional rule that a king "shall not actively engage in any commercial enterprise."

"Fox said, they should not be involved in business," only he said says in a recent interview, according to Bloomberg. "Unfortunately?, Malays cannot say no to their rulers. This culture is such that, if the rulers want to do something, whatever the constitution or the law may say, they cannot say no," he added.

Despite law forbidding them to do so, none or few politicians have openly spoken out against sultans over the years. "The civil servants cannot say no. Even the politicians cannot say no." The Malaysian govt did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter. Representatives for the king could not be reached.
As I said, The Fox is above the King's. Rotfl  Big Grin Thinking

Fox said, they should not be involved in business," only he said says in a recent interview, according to Bloomberg. "Unfortunately?, Malays cannot say no to their rulers. This culture is such that, if the rulers want to do something, whatever the constitution or the law may say, they cannot say no," he added.
(01-02-2024, 04:17 PM)maxsanic Wrote: [ -> ]Actually for Singapore anyone will do as long as it's not Dr M. 

The rest of the lot are all pragmatist and equally corrupted and we can work with them as long as we give a good grease to the wheels. The only problematic one is Dr M as this guy is more of an ideologue with a Malay persecution complex, thankfully the guy has been abandoned by Malaysians and is no longer a political force. Wink

Mahathir not happy with Lee Kuan Yew lah! Big Grin But no more chance liao lah!
Which spells even more bad news for the wily old fox mahathir Laughing

The sultans do not like him as he curbed their powers when he was PM.

Payback time Laughing
But ish true about the JB royalty. Their private army and bodyguards have been known to beat up those who crossed their bosses. Some very severely too Big Grin
(30-01-2024, 04:31 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]In bolehland, everything can be boleh. Guilty also can goes free thru back door. Hope our side also don’t be a copy cat and follows the same style.

This is one of those occasions where I shan't debate with you because I wouldn't claim to know your country better than you. I keep my discussions to my country Singapore and its domestic affairs.  Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2