NEWS M'sian Lecturer Rather Work As Cleaner In SG To Earn 5 Times His Previous Pay

https://says.com/my/news/msian-lecturer-...rn-5-times

A Malaysian recently shared that he earns five times more working as a cleaner now in Singapore than he ever did as a university lecturer back home

In an anonymous post on Facebook, the man, who was a lecturer at a private higher education institution in Malaysia, revealed that his last drawn salary at the university was RM1,900 despite working there for five years.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Malaysian Government and Leaders should seriously review the Salary offered to Malaysian. Way below international standard la...jialat!!!

No wonder their university rankings so low.

My friends who set up factories there pay the local mangers each rm5k to 6k per month. Everybody is happy

(18-01-2024, 11:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  No wonder their university rankings so low.

My friends who set up factories there pay the local mangers each rm5k to 6k per month. Everybody is happy

RM6k is only 2k sgd.
Not even a cashier salary in SG.
Definitely below international markets rate.

Why Malaysian so proud of their democracy but paid so low in salary?
I can never understand what is the purpose of it, if you cannot even earn enough to feed your family...hmm..

In next Malaysian GE, the voters should protest for RM10K salary average rate.

(18-01-2024, 11:40 AM)moonrab Wrote:  RM6k is only 2k sgd.
Not even a cashier salary in SG.
Definitely below international markets rate.

Why Malaysian so proud of their democracy but paid so low in salary?
I can never understand what is the purpose of it, if you cannot even earn enough to feed your family...hmm..

In next Malaysian GE, the voters should protest for RM10K salary average rate.

Rm 5, 6k to them is a lot. Stay in old landed houses, drive potong Saka to work, cheap utility, cheap/free medical/education. To them that's very gd already. Their employers are aso happy

(18-01-2024, 11:45 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Rm 5, 6k to them is a lot. Stay in old landed houses, drive potong Saka to work, cheap utility, cheap/free medical/education. To them that's very gd already. Their employers are aso happy

My Malaysian friends not happy le..
Most working in Singapore now.
They prefer earning better salary, living here. Than low salary with cheaper living over there...

You see, Malaysians also need to buy branded goods. Rolex, LV, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Apple mobile, laptop, Brompton, Birdy, Swork, Trek bicycle, Adidas, Nike, Jewelry, Tiffany, Cartier, Honda, Tesla, Toyota, Proton vehicle, etc...
Go makan in fine restaurant, cafe  pub...
Go holiday in Japan, Korea, US, EU  etc...
Malaysian are modern days human le. .

If they can afford all of the above by working for international salary. 
Then why must they work in Malaysia for a low cost living?
Doesn't make sense right? 

Malaysian also want to send their kids to piano, tuition, upgrading skill lessons. 
Provide their kids to attain a good tertiary education. To Australia, UK, Canada,  any good University.

How can they do it with RM6k salary? Doesn't make sense at all.

Internationally, many people complained with USD5k salary, they cannot afford to start a family. 
The gap between Malaysian salary and the rest of the world, is too far apart, to be satisfied in today's world.

Highly likely a fake story to capture audience.
How can it be possible that a lecturer's salary is only RM$ 1900??

And became a cleaner earning S$3000+ per month? Surely there are more viable options for him with his qualifications.

I have not heard of cleaners earning 3k plus in SG.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(18-01-2024, 12:12 PM)moonrab Wrote:  My Malaysian friends not happy le..
Most working in Singapore now.
They prefer earning better salary, living here. Than low salary with cheaper living over there...

You see, Malaysians also need to buy branded goods. Rolex, LV, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Apple mobile, laptop, Brompton, Birdy, Swork, Trek bicycle, Adidas, Nike, Jewelry, Tiffany, Cartier, Honda, Tesla, Toyota, Proton vehicle, etc...
Go makan in fine restaurant, cafe  pub...
Go holiday in Japan, Korea, US, EU  etc...
Malaysian are modern days human le. .

If they can afford all of the above by working for international salary. 
Then why must they work in Malaysia for a low cost living?
Doesn't make sense right? 

Malaysian also want to send their kids to piano, tuition, upgrading skill lessons. 
Provide their kids to attain a good tertiary education. To Australia, UK, Canada,  any good University.

How can they do it with RM6k salary? Doesn't make sense at all.

Internationally, many people complained with USD5k salary, they cannot afford to start a family. 
The gap between Malaysian salary and the rest of the world, is too far apart, to be satisfied in today's world.

It's up to the individuals lah. Some make sgd5k, stay in peogon holes and take b.m.w. to work, while some make rm5k, stay in old and spacious landed houses and drive cheap cars with cheap feul.

(18-01-2024, 12:17 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Highly likely a fake story to capture audience.

And became  a cleaner earning S$3000+ per month? Surely there are more viable options for him with his qualifications.

The average salary for Cleaner is $2,233 per month in the Singapore. Probably he may work OT or given a higher responsibility role with his education level.

As for the Malaysian lecturer Salary, I am not sure too...

If Malaysia is like Singapore today ,do you think you can enjoy cheaper food and product ?
If Singapore is like Malaysia today ,so you think you will work in Malaysia?
Just because Singapore give Malaysian a free open gateway of cos they prefer come here to work .Not just because of higher pay than their own country, addin to that the exchange rate is triple !
Singapean daft la!
Higher the better, dun know became oppressed as slave as they aged.

(18-01-2024, 12:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  It's up to the individuals lah. Some make sgd5k, stay in peogon holes and take b.m.w. to work, while some make rm5k, stay in old and spacious landed houses and drive cheap cars with cheap feul.

Define "cheap".... Big Grin 

[Image: snatch-theives.gif]
https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/self-s...ok-100-out

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Many Malaysians working in sg are renting in jb condos near ciq. Cleaning supervisors, bus drivers, nurses, security guards, contractors, ... this guy could be a supervisor

(18-01-2024, 12:33 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  If Malaysia is like Singapore today ,do you think you can enjoy cheaper food and product ?
If Singapore is like Malaysia today ,so you think you will work in Malaysia?
Just because Singapore give Malaysian a free open gateway of cos they prefer come here to work .Not just because of higher pay than their own country, addin to that the exchange rate is triple !
Singapean daft la!
Higher the better, dun know became oppressed as slave as they aged.

I never go for Cheap food....especially in Malaysia 🤣🤣🤣

Exchange rate? That is the most goon explanation. It is the end value of your earning la...aiyo...
Yen is even much lower that RM. You think the Japanese is happy to recd that kind of low pay in Malaysia. Lol....
They will vote out the government immediately. 

So much of your Malaysian wisdom. Cheers!!! Bye!!!🤣

(18-01-2024, 12:38 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Many Malaysians working in sg are renting in jb condos near ciq. Cleaning supervisors, bus drivers, nurses, security guards, contractors, ... this guy could be a supervisor

Ok..this makes senses.
Go for higher salary, don't degrade your own capacity...👍

(18-01-2024, 12:34 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Define "cheap".... Big Grin 

[Image: IMG-20240118-124511.jpg]

Aiya why always go to those lapsap places? These near ciq only $500 and up

(18-01-2024, 12:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  I never go for Cheap food....especially in Malaysia 🤣🤣🤣

Exchange rate? That is the most goon explanation. It is the end value of your earning la...aiyo...
Yen is even much lower that RM. You think the Japanese is happy to recd that kind of low pay in Malaysia. Lol....
They will vote out the government immediately. 

So much of your Malaysian wisdom. Cheers!!! Bye!!!🤣

You dun go for cheaper food , thats yr personal view la.
I share normally for a general perception.
Japan yen has been dropping, changing the gov, still same leh.
Every country should have their own unique attraction just like people are born different.
In Singapore everything must be higher  the betterst!
Yet Singaporean keep complaining why Housing Food and  transport ....etc so expensive.
This is not daft?
Thats why many Malaysian enjoying their life here when young.
Forgotten , cheers! Bye...😅

(18-01-2024, 12:49 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  You dun go for cheaper food , thats yr personal view la.
I share normally for a general perception.
Japan yen has been dropping, changing the gov, still same leh.
Every country should have their own unique attraction just like people are born different.
In Singapore everything must be higher  the betterst!
Yet Singaporean keep complaining why Housing Food and  transport ....etc so expensive.
This is not daft?
Thats why many Malaysian enjoying their life here when young.
Forgotten , cheers! Bye...😅

Hey...everyone in the world today are complaining inflation. Price goes up.
Even in Malaysia ..🤣🤣🤣

Since when I mentioned everything in Singapore is betterst?🤔

It is that Malaysian lecturer complaining about Malaysia low salary. 
And I just concur with his grievance. 

Is it not good for Malaysian? 
That Singaporean like me highlighted their real life problem with the low salary? 
Many Malaysian families suffering, as compared with many other similar size, natural resources, GDP countries. 
Not particularly with Singapore.

Fighting for wages increases in a country is not a shame. It is within the citizens democratic rights. 
No?

(18-01-2024, 11:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  No wonder their university rankings so low.

You're frens fail to reveal the makan suap monies given out to expedite govt process flow? That is also a reason why my former and current employer from other countries expand into Southeast Asia markets choose Spore. Those that choose Msia like to walk on grey line do business.

(18-01-2024, 01:13 PM)sgh Wrote:  You're frens fail to reveal the makan suap monies given out to expedite govt process flow? That is also a reason why my former and current employer from other countries expand into Southeast Asia markets choose Spore. Those that choose Msia like to walk on grey line do business.

Got lah. For example, some need to apply to halal certificate their products. .... but still ok lah

(18-01-2024, 12:49 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  ".....Thats why many Malaysian enjoying their life here when young..."

Many young ppl from small towns and villages in Bolehland had been leaving for good...just like in Japan.

And for those who no longer "young", you think SG gov will still welcome them and offer same benefits like PR ?

No...they are free to return to their small towns and villages....Question is can they get use to living in the 3rd world after "enjoying" in the 1st ? Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Manthink's post

(18-01-2024, 12:47 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240118-124511.jpg]

Aiya why always go to those lapsap places? These near ciq only $500 and up

You didn't answer what is the meant by "cheap" - can that M'sian lecturer-turned-toilet-cleaner or average pple effort those rentals near the CIQ or RTS station ?

(18-01-2024, 01:23 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You didn't answer what is the meant by "cheap" - can that M'sian lecturer-turned-toilet-cleaner or average pple effort those rentals near the CIQ or RTS station ?

Aiya to survive in places like this must think out of the box. A studio shared by 2, each $300. Or a 2bedder shared by 4, each $200. Full facilities, walk to ciq, city sq, ... With incomes of $2k 3k, that very cheap when compared with renting in sg
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(18-01-2024, 12:17 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Highly likely a fake story to capture audience.

And became  a cleaner earning S$3000+ per month? Surely there are more viable options for him with his qualifications.

Yes.. I aslo think the story is fake.

Ignore List: Oyk

(18-01-2024, 12:43 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Ok..this makes senses.
Go for higher salary, don't degrade your own capacity...👍

Those who prefer rm 5k, one main consideration is family. If you hv 3, 4 kids, parents and wife living with you, earning sgd 5k not necessarily a good choice
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(18-01-2024, 01:05 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Hey...everyone in the world today are complaining inflation. Price goes up.
Even in Malaysia ..🤣🤣🤣

Since when I mentioned everything in Singapore is betterst?🤔

It is that Malaysian lecturer complaining about Malaysia low salary. 
And I just concur with his grievance. 

Is it not good for Malaysian? 
That Singaporean like me highlighted their real life problem with the low salary? 
Many Malaysian families suffering, as compared with many other similar size, natural resources, GDP countries. 
Not particularly with Singapore.

Fighting for wages increases in a country is not a shame. It is within the citizens democratic rights. 
No?
I never mentioned you mentioned la. I am saying our country and majority local wants the higher the betterest......cool.....😅
No more cheers! Bye.....😅

(18-01-2024, 01:20 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Many young ppl from small towns and villages in Bolehland had been leaving for good...just like in Japan.

And for those who no longer "young", you think SG gov will still welcome them and offer same benefits like PR ?

No...they are free to return to their small towns and villages....Question is can they get use to living in the 3rd world after "enjoying" in the 1st ? Big Grin

From my Malaysian working in SG.
It is difficult to get a PR, and must renew every 5 years.

My answer to them was Singapore land size is saturated. With limited quotas annually for New Citizenship and PR.
Plus the Malaysian faced competition with many other nationalities too. Unlike in the past.

I found this posting for a lecturer job for RM2500-3500 per month in KL. Hence, the story may not be fake.

https://www.jobstreet.com.my/job/72426709

(18-01-2024, 01:57 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  I never mentioned you mentioned la. I am saying our country and majority local wants the higher the betterest......cool.....😅

Oic..okie😊

Singapore is a city, and one with many migrants of many professions. 
As in any international city, it is a pressure cooker pot.
Without competition, SG will never survive for 60 years.
That's the trade off.

If You want the biggest, cheapest house, car, slow pace life in the world. 
Go to Africa, Venezuela remote country sides. Beautiful nature, with only 1 million USD, can live like a tycoon. 
Most Singaporean can afford it imo.

There is no betterst country in my opinion. 
It is what you wanted in life from a living environment.

RM1900 must be a part time lecturer lah.

[Image: IMG-3555.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(18-01-2024, 01:30 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya to survive in places like this must think out of the box. A studio shared by 2, each $300. Or a 2bedder shared by 4, each $200. Full facilities, walk to ciq, city sq, ... With incomes of $2k 3k, that very cheap when compared with renting in sg

Who won't be forced to "Think out of the box" with a RM1,900 salary despite working as a lecturer ?

In another words, you just confirmed M'sians, young and old, are desperate to leave near SG, including that lecturer. Big Grin