Many Singaporean are very dumb

(22-04-2024, 11:37 PM)Talent Wrote:  Honestly I don't know who is smarter than me. Even I went Shanghai. Whole office lose to me

I guess only the cleaners were present when you entered the office early in the morning.

(22-04-2024, 11:39 PM)Talent Wrote:  Ha you think my English is bad. I can write well if I want to But I just lazy Writing well for me I need to put in effort

Writing English well should come naturally after more than 20 years of formal education in the language in SG.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(22-04-2024, 11:37 PM)Talent Wrote:  Honestly I don't know who is smarter than me
Even I went Shanghai
Whole office lose to me
Usually dumb people will claim they r smart not to lose to others 
The property  agents might have done better than u and out of envy u wrote something bad against them
If u have done well in the past now u will live in gcb liao

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(23-04-2024, 08:30 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Usually dumb people will claim they r smart not to lose to others The property  agents might have done better than u and out of envy u wrote something bad against them If u have done well in the past now u will live in gcb liao

The boss at my previous company was so insecure that he would marginalise any of the senior management whom he felt was more capable than him. He even dismissed the COO, and never sought a replacement in order to cut the line of succession. His excuse was that the COO was incompetent and he wanted to cut costs by not seeking another deputy. LOL! 

(23-04-2024, 08:34 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  If TS is good she would easily qualify as a property agent in the first place.  Can’t even pass the exams wor Laughing

Without cert got to be under some agents 
If got commission also not much

☝️

(23-04-2024, 08:39 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Without cert got to be under some agents 

Without the license cannot practise at all. Relegated to calafe role such as to calling prospects for viewings and then coordinating with the real agents Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(23-04-2024, 08:39 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The boss at my previous company was so insecure that he would marginalise any of the senior management whom he felt was more capable than him. He even dismissed the COO, and never sought a replacement in order to cut the line of succession. His excuse was that the COO was incompetent and he wanted to cut costs by not seeking another deputy. LOL! 
v

Bosses are afraid their sneaky employees potong jalan their business

☝️

(23-04-2024, 08:42 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Bosses are afraid their sneaky employers  potong jalan their business

The most insecure bosses are those taking a salary from the company since they are employees themselves, and may be replaced by the COO and other members of the management team.

Tiagong TS last time was training consultant. Probably kena a lot of bad reviews by her trainees, so cannot continue.

So now demoted to become Silver ambassador lor Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-04-2024, 11:39 PM)Talent Wrote:  Ha you think my English is bad
I can write well if I want to 
But I just lazy 
Writing well for me I need to put in effort

argument and logic are most important in writing because they reflect the condition of your brain.

if you do not have good argument and logic, good english also cannot help you.

look at all the postings here that criticise your argument and logic and you cannot defend yourself.

(23-04-2024, 08:47 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Tiagong TS last time was training consultant.  Probably kena a lot of bad reviews by her trainees, so cannot continue.

So now demoted to become Silver ambassador lor Laughing
Some people just like to scold others stupid to boost their ego

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(23-04-2024, 08:48 AM)forum456 Wrote:  argument and logic are most important in writing because they reflect the condition of your brain. if you do not have good argument and logic, good english also cannot help you. look at all the postings here that criticise your argument and logic and you cannot defend yourself.

All things being equal, we are far more likely to advance in our careers if we speak and write grammatically correct English without incorporating elements of Chinese and Malay into our speech and writing. Proper spoken and written English instantly defines us as highly educated people whose views and opinions are taken more seriously.  A strong command of the language is likely to lead to better paying jobs, greater social mobility as well as more social success.

(23-04-2024, 08:48 AM)forum456 Wrote:  argument and logic are most important in writing because they reflect the condition of your brain.

if you do not have good argument and logic, good english also cannot help you.

look at all the postings here that criticise your argument and logic and you cannot defend yourself.

You think I so free to defend every word that is written

Being too defensive show your lack of confidence in yourself
Some I dismiss as illogical and stupid writing that
I could not bother

(23-04-2024, 08:42 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Without the license cannot practise at all. Relegated to calafe role such as to calling prospects for viewings and then coordinating with the real agents Laughing
You are right
That's why I rather not join any team now
They think I am stupid to do for them
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(23-04-2024, 08:39 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Without cert got to be under some agents 

Some said paid me 10% some 50%
They think I stupid
Some want to steal my clients
I show them my true color
Now they afraid of me
I not easy to bully type
I am more fierce than even big boss last time
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(23-04-2024, 08:30 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Usually dumb people will claim they r smart not to lose to others 
The property  agents might have done better than u and out of envy u wrote something bad against them

I only step onboard 6mths ago
All along I work for others
How to be rich
I also one not so hardworking type nor striving for money and having sleepless night
I work smart not work hard
I earn easy money but little money

(23-04-2024, 09:29 AM)Talent Wrote:  Some said paid me 10% some 50%
They think I stupid
Some want to steal my clients
I show them my true color
Now they afraid of me
I not easy to bully type
I am more fierce than even big boss last time

Once client under their hands u only can get some kopi money niah

☝️

(23-04-2024, 08:30 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Usually dumb people will claim they r smart not to lose to others 

Yes of course they are doing better
I have not even started
But I am thinking if they are doing better
Why must they want me to help them
They should help me to at least get my licence first
But they are only keen to line their pocket
That's why I stay low and stay away

You can claim to be smarter than anyone but never your boss. How can any boss tolerate such ppl?

(23-04-2024, 09:31 AM)Talent Wrote:  I only step onboard 6mths ago
All along I work for others
How to be rich
I also one not so hardworking type nor striving for money and having sleepless night
I work smart not work hard
I earn easy money but little money
At your age should learn how to spend and enjoy 
Keep too much it’s for others to enjoy

☝️

(23-04-2024, 09:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You can claim to be smarter than anyone but never your boss. How can any boss tolerate such ppl?

But ironically I am smarter than them
Just that I stay low key
And respect them
I respect whoever line my pocket

My present is so stupid and intolerable
That I avoid him totally
And just do my work

(23-04-2024, 08:34 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  If TS is good she would easily qualify as a property agent in the first place.  Can’t even pass the exams wor Laughing

I pass my Paper 1 at 1st attempt
Paper 2 I did not study hard enough, all facts paper, must memorize hard

(23-04-2024, 09:37 AM)Talent Wrote:  But ironically I am smarter than them  Just that I stay low key  And respect them  I respect whoever line my pocket  My present is so stupid and intolerable That I avoid him totally And just do my work

There are some things that we must never do in order to prosper at the workplace. We must never let our boss find out that we live in a more expensive home, drive a more expensive car and are more intelligent than our boss. 

(23-04-2024, 09:10 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  All things being equal, we are far more likely to advance in our careers if we speak and write grammatically correct English without incorporating elements of Chinese and Malay into our speech and writing. Proper spoken and written English instantly defines us as highly educated people whose views and opinions are taken more seriously.  A strong command of the language is likely to lead to better paying jobs, greater social mobility as well as more social success.

Not in today age
Writing short and sweet and to the point

Not wordy longwinded
People got no patience and time

Has to capture attention in few seconds not even minutes
I read one news in 1 min
No patience if video is long winded

(23-04-2024, 09:45 AM)Talent Wrote:  Not in today age  Writing short and sweet and to the point  Not wordy longwinded  People got no patience and time  Has to capture attention in few seconds not even minutes I read one news in 1 min No patience if video is long winded

Your response shows clearly that you failed to grasp what I wrote earlier. Written proficiency in English has absolutely nothing to do with the length of any correspondence. Most of our PME workforce fail to articulate their words clearly and distinctly according to the rules governing the English language. This is hardly surprising that the majority of S'poreans are not proficient in the language. After all, an estimated 50% of households are ill equipped to support the use of Standard English.

yeah man. 61%... that's really many

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(23-04-2024, 09:52 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Your response shows clearly that you failed to grasp what I wrote earlier. Written proficiency in English has absolutely nothing to do with the length of any correspondence. Most of our PME workforce fail to articulate their words clearly and distinctly according to the rules governing the English language. This is hardly surprising that the majority of S'poreans are not proficient in the language. After all, an estimated 50% of households are ill equipped to support the use of Standard English.

Chincai lah. Here got no angmoh to read yr beautiful writing. Even if there is, he/she wun fart care what you write

(23-04-2024, 09:42 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There are some things that we must never do in order to prosper at the workplace. We must never let our boss find out that we live in a more expensive home, drive a more expensive car and are more intelligent than our boss. 

This is not true. I had an Engineer colleague who claimed his family had 2 landed properties in sixth avenue and his father was a businessman. The manager suddenly became very close to him and both of them went out for lunch together.

(23-04-2024, 11:06 AM)Clyde Wrote:  This is not true. I had an Engineer colleague who claimed his family had 2 landed properties in sixth avenue and his father was a businessman. The manager suddenly became very close to him and both of them went out for lunch together.

It is common sense that there are always exceptions to the rule.

(23-04-2024, 10:52 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Chincai lah. Here got no angmoh to read yr beautiful writing. Even if there is, he/she wun fart care what you write

If Singlish continues to be thoughtlessly acquired, it will be saved in the long term memory of our fellow S'poreans and SG Talkers as an acceptable form of English. Our ability to speak Standard English suffers when we spend too much time interacting with others who speak/write a sub-standard form of the language, since we naturally tend to adopt the speech/writing that is heard/seen most of the time around us.