USA big stick liao...

(24-07-2023, 11:59 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I dun agree entirely with what the speaker in the video said. He kept saying that US leaders, past and present did not think ahead, but there is no way a person could have planned 20, 30, 40 years ahead. He kept criticizing the presidents, but he did not realize that this is inevitable. When a country gets rich and powerful, it gets complacent. No country has been able to avoid this.

One thing I agree with is that US should not have made two enemies, somemore huge countries, at the same time.

There is a common thread to half-baked surface analyses that often get a lot of views on both alternative and mainstream media – they like to simply pin everything that has happened so far on one or few people and/or a particular incident.

The rise and fall of all empires in the past including the present US one is a result of a multitude of factors working with or against each other. Some of these factors are coincidental (usually described as good or bad luck), but more often than not there is also a discernible pattern / rhythm to it.

Personally I find similarities between History and the Theory of Evolution on a philosophical level i.e. there is great randomness happening at the granular level and yet from a macro and longer term perspective there is also a sense of inevitability due to an overarching principle driving things along. Perhaps Doyle's Sherlock Homes sums it up best: "while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.”

The idea that the US’s eventual decline is a result of certain Presidents not being “far sighted” or “strategic” enough in their leadership is simply lazy primary school analysis that doesn’t pass the laugh test.

People like to hear / read this sort of thing because it provides a simple explanation to an otherwise complex topic without the need to further research or think.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

Messages In This Thread
USA big stick liao... - by Niubee - 24-07-2023, 10:20 PM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by WhatDoYouThink! - 24-07-2023, 11:26 PM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by grotesqueness - 24-07-2023, 11:27 PM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by Blasterlord2 - 24-07-2023, 11:59 PM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by Niubee - 25-07-2023, 12:15 AM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by RiseofAsia - 25-07-2023, 06:28 AM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by CHAOS - 25-07-2023, 08:44 AM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by maxsanic - 25-07-2023, 11:08 AM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by Blasterlord2 - 25-07-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: USA big stick liao... - by Napoleon Porlumpar - 25-07-2023, 03:06 PM