‘I’m Singaporean, not Chinese’: TikTok video sparks debate over shunning of ‘roots’

(10-05-2024, 09:50 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  
If I am stuck in a foreign country, I would take a ride on an RSAF plane or SIA.  Have faith in your own country Big Grin
I know in many such disasters such as typhoon, civil wars, or riots, normal flights are stopped. 

Also Singapore is not known of sending relief planes to pick up citizens.

I remembered once in a civil war in Africa, China sent a military transport plane to pick up their citizens and on the way, pick up taiwanese and others also.

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(11-05-2024, 07:54 AM)webinarian Wrote:   .      
I know in many such disasters such as typhoon, civil wars, or riots, normal flights are stopped. 

I remembered once in a civil war in Africa, China sent a military transport plane to pick up their citizens and on the way, pick up taiwanese and others also.

My beef is not with the Chinese govt. I just disagree with that tiong’s viral video claims that since we are all Chinese we should all kowtow to China.  Not in his exact same words but similar to what he is alluding to.

The fact is we are Chinese but belonging to different sovereignties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

It is common for people from bigger countries to have a urge to make claims in a smaller country. 

Claim of land, air, sea, ethnicity, ancestry, nationality, etc..
We seen such behaviour  from the West to East, even from our neighbouring countries. 

That's why a tiny island nation must be united, or else to be wipe off the world map.

That particular Ah Tiong behaviour is not a isolated case. Many Tiongs in China and even in Singapore prefer to call Singapore as a 坡县 (County or district) Sounds like a part of China. 
Many Indonesian and Malaysian people also regards Singapore as A Malay Island. 
Many British still claims the Reserves and Port hub of Singapore was build by them, since 1819.

While there are many over here are fake Singaporean, the very few locals present here must be careful of what you wishes for.
You may lose your SGD, Condo and HDB in a blink, once the people from bigger country senses a frail unity as an opportunity.

When we need China's help, we call ourselves Singaporean Chinese,  otherwise, just Singaporean  Rotfl

Thank you for our one sided pro Western brain washed education system
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

(10-05-2024, 04:36 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Racial harmony and One S'pore would be so much easier to achieve if the Govt got rid of the CIMO classification. Why can't we be a melting pot with ALL of us referred to as S'poreans? Why must we be divided and ruled like this?

CIMO melting together is a dream. In reality it's impossible. Because of religion. This CIMO classification is required.

(11-05-2024, 07:08 AM)webinarian Wrote:          
Based on what you said, your NRIC showed you as "Chinese", you are PRC nationality.   

Shame on you.   

[Image: Oyk.png]

He so stewpig always queued with his prc wife at immigration lanes meant for Chinese Nationals, and ofc gongans always came to drag him away
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(11-05-2024, 07:08 AM)webinarian Wrote:          
Based on what you said, your NRIC showed you as "Chinese", you are PRC nationality.   

Shame on you.   

[Image: Oyk.png]

NRIC is the most accurate official document lah! Big Grin No need to argue anymore lah! Your nationality is Singapore and your race is Chinese lah!

(11-05-2024, 08:52 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  NRIC is the most accurate official document lah! Big Grin No need to argue anymore lah! Your nationality is Singapore and your race is Chinese lah!

I saw his nric is Han. Only one in SG Big Grin

[Image: pink-ic-ver-2.jpg?sfvrsn=97fdc413_2]

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(11-05-2024, 08:25 AM)Clyde Wrote:  When we need China's help, we call ourselves Singaporean Chinese,  otherwise,  just Singaporean  Rotfl

Help or no help, I am Singaporean and I will not call myself Chinese.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(11-05-2024, 08:52 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  NRIC is the most accurate official document lah! Big Grin No need to argue anymore lah! Your nationality is Singapore and your race is Chinese lah!

The Old Guards got it wrong. It should be Han.

(11-05-2024, 09:07 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Help or no help, I am Singaporean and I will not call myself Chinese.

I call u Hanjian no wrong lah

Smile

(11-05-2024, 09:08 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The Old Guards got it wrong. It should be Han.

Old guard is much smarter than u

Smile

China sending planes or ships is just doing its part in humanitarian aid and there's no need to stick your ranjiao out from your sarong and start fapping.

Aiya, you chinese or han, chicken or hen, nobody interested lah.

The American Senator was not asking about his roots. Can all those racists people stop using the Race Card?

(11-05-2024, 06:12 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Me too lah! Big Grin Singapore Chinese is not China Chinese lah! Malaysia Chinese also not China Chinese lah!

You have this difficulty in even identifying yourself because you used the word Chinese all wrong.

Simi ranjiao is Singapore Chinese, China Chinese?

Singaporeans are not Chinese. If they are Hans, then they're Hans. If they are Malays, then Malays.

Btw, we also have races like Tamil, Punjabi, Malayani etc. There's no such thing as Indian Singaporean. Indian is not a race. It's a nationality. The Old Guards also got this wrong.

(11-05-2024, 09:08 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The Old Guards got it wrong. It should be Han.

You are stubborn, incorrigible, diehard, unreasonable 牙插插.  

You are not han but gan 干。  

(11-05-2024, 09:10 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Old guard is much smarter than u

They made a lot of mistakes too. But overall they still performed better than your UMNO.

(11-05-2024, 09:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  They made a lot of mistakes too. But overall they still performed better than your UMNO.

Your disruptive behavior and insulting the Old guards and not accepting reality of your nric is fuckup

If you say yr Han, it make u more obvious as China Chinese. Only China people will say Han.

Smile

(11-05-2024, 09:21 AM)webinarian Wrote:            
You are stubborn, incorrigible, diehard, unreasonable 牙插插.  

You are not han but gan 干。  

That Cantonese phrase does not apply in this case. 

I am only correcting a mistake the Old Guards made which is now causing an Identity crisis.  You buggers can't make up your mind whether you are Chinese or Singaporeans. 

When you start to imagine that Singaporeans have names Ike Nicole Seah, Foo Mee Har, you often get this unhappy reminder that Raeesah Khan is as Singaporean as your mother.

(11-05-2024, 09:30 AM)Oyk Wrote:  That Cantonese phrase does not apply in this case. 

I am only correcting a mistake the Old Guards made which is now causing an Identity crisis.  You buggers can't make up your mind whether you are Chinese or Singaporeans. 

When you start to imagine that Singaporeans have names Ike Nicole Seah, Foo Mee Har, you often get this unhappy reminder that Raeesah Khan is as Singaporean as your mother.

Please book Speaker Corners for your grievance. Awaiting Laughter-144

Smile

(11-05-2024, 09:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Your disruptive behavior and insulting the Old guards and not accepting reality of your nric is fuckup

If you say yr Han, it make u more obvious as China Chinese. Only China people will say Han.

See how clumsy your expression had become when instead of writing "Chinese" you had to write "China Chinese' and" China peepur" 

And if you think I am disruptive, you are free to leave. Rolleyes

[Image: IMG-20240511-093124.jpg]

He is ex prc lah. Only prc's ic/id needs to indicate his ethnicity

(11-05-2024, 09:33 AM)Oyk Wrote:  See how clumsy your expression had become when instead of writing "Chinese" you had to write " China peepur" 

For your disruptive behavior, it is my duty to educate u until you behave appropriately. Laughing

Smile

(11-05-2024, 09:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Your disruptive behavior and insulting the Old guards and not accepting reality of your nric is fuckup

See how clumsy your expression had become when instead of writing "Chinese" you had to write "China Chinese' and "China peepur" 

(11-05-2024, 09:35 AM)Niubee Wrote:  For your disruptive behavior, it is my duty to educate u until you behave appropriately. Laughing

You should educate your mother and tell her to close her legs. I know she likes Ceca. Rolleyes

At last someone produced a Chinese IC that correctly states that the race 民族 is Han. 汉。

For goodness sake, stop making a fool of yourselves anymore by going around yelping I am Chinese! I am Chinese!

(11-05-2024, 09:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  At last someone produced a Chinese IC that correctly states that the race is Han. 汉。

For goodness sake, stop making a fool of yourselves anymore by going around yelping I am Chinese! I am Chinese!

U are 100% banana who dislike own roots. Bad upbringings... Rolleyes

Smile

(11-05-2024, 09:20 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You have this difficulty in even identifying yourself because you used the word Chinese all wrong.

Simi ranjiao is Singapore Chinese, China Chinese?

Singaporeans are not Chinese. If they are Hans, then they're Hans. If they are Malays, then Malays.

Btw, we also have races like Tamil, Punjabi, Malayani etc. There's no such thing as Indian Singaporean. Indian is not a race. It's a nationality. The Old Guards also got this wrong.

China Chinese are Communist not welcomed in Singapore lah! Big Grin