9 OCT: 3,703 new cases of COVID-19,4 unvax,3 partial vax & 4 vax died

(10-10-2021, 09:33 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Support from elderly and parents with young children are drifting away, 
civil servant included.
Ruling party knows they fumble 60% threshold.

Many Singaporeans will continue to support ruling party for fear of changes and the fear of losing their jobs. More importantly with the continual threat of losing investments as well as instability that brought by them not in power by our ruling party hanging in every elections will be the greatest fear for many. 

Foreign investments will see a decline with our increasing labour costs, which is brought by the ever increase of our cost of living brought by our government that many failed to sees and agreed with. The chain reactions is a vicious cycles and that remains a challenge in the years to come. And with our government giving away subsidies to corporate governance by compromising the labour, we are being squeezed both end. 

Therefore with that fear, many will continue to vote them in for the next 10-15 years. If not longer. In my opinion.

(09-10-2021, 11:36 PM)forum456 Wrote:  More vaccinated patients are dying daily

I don't think the current medical science that's encapsulated in that vial of vaccine, be it mRNA or a dead virus, can do a lot for the elderly, say those above the age of 80.

Using the deaths of the elderly with comorbidities of one kind or another as a statistic will skew the results of the vaccine's efficacy.

We should not compare a 50 year old unvaxxxed person with an 85 year old vaxxed person.  We should compare the former with a 50 year old vaxxed person.

The latest as announced yesterday is that if you are 50 and older and infected, you will be warded in a hospital;.  If you are vaccinated, you do Home Recovery.  The government is allotting hospital beds and personal medical care with doctors and nurses in attendance to the unvaxxed, antivaxxers included.

The increase in infection started with imported cases.

Now,the govt allows more countries to travel to Singapore without quarantine, imported cases will go up and thus local infection will also go up.

Things will get worse when imported cases go up.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(10-10-2021, 10:06 AM)forum456 Wrote:  The increase in infection started with imported cases.

Now,the govt allows more countries to travel to Singapore without quarantine, imported cases will go up and thus local infection will also go up.

Things will get worse when imported cases go up.

Don't worry lah. By the time imported infection go up, natural herd immunity build up already in local population.

(10-10-2021, 09:54 AM)lionkingch55 Wrote:  How come you so sentimental,?must have the iron in you like what lky said.

For the spineless, it's "ubi bene, ibi patria" where it goes well with me, there is my fatherland. Clapping

(10-10-2021, 10:09 AM)lionkingch55 Wrote:  Don't worry lah. By the time imported infection go up, natural herd immunity build up already in local population.

how to have herd immunity when the vaccine protection will be gone in every 6 months ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(10-10-2021, 10:04 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Many Singaporeans will continue to support ruling party for fear of changes and the fear of losing their jobs. More importantly with the continual threat of losing investments as well as instability that brought by them not in power by our ruling party hanging in every elections will be the greatest fear for many. 

Foreign investments will see a decline with our increasing labour costs, which is brought by the ever increase of our cost of living brought by our government that many failed to sees and agreed with. The chain reactions is a vicious cycles and that remains a challenge in the years to come. And with our government giving away subsidies to corporate governance by compromising the labour, we are being squeezed both end. 

Therefore with that fear, many will continue to vote them in for the next 10-15 years. If not longer. In my opinion.

I do not say they will lose majority but losing more seats.

There are two types of investment,
one is  hard asset, another is equity hot money. 
Both are drying up, for later, signs are outflow coming...

It is pretty clear, Sg is on decline in importance.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(10-10-2021, 10:34 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  I do not say they will lose majority but losing more seats.

There are two types of investment,
one is  hard asset, another is equity hot money. 
Both are drying up, for later, signs are outflow coming...

It is pretty clear, Sg is on decline in importance.

Not only declining....
It is rotten? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(10-10-2021, 10:05 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I don't think the current medical science that's encapsulated in that vial of vaccine, be it mRNA or a dead virus, can do a lot for the elderly, say those above the age of 80.

Using the deaths of the elderly with comorbidities of one kind or another as a statistic will skew the results of the vaccine's efficacy.

why vaccines cannot protect people above 80 ?

can we have vaccines that can protect people above 80 ?

(10-10-2021, 08:25 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Ruling party will continue to draw 60% over and they will not see any drops in supports.

Because the civil servants will have a based line along with the new convert citizens. To see a drop in support with the ruling party will take another 10-15 years when their pockets or career are affected. Otherwise ruling party will continue to be the majority in parliament.

We are on the same page. And lots of carrots and sticks to hand out. 4 years is a long time.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

4 vaxxed dead, 4 unvaxxed dead. Same right ? Why discriminate unvaxxed fr going to malls and dining in? Why?
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

[Image: lhl-live-with-covid-comments-1-Oct-21.png]

[Image: lhl-live-with-covid-comments-2-oct-21.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 4 users Like Ola's post

(10-10-2021, 10:47 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  4 vaxxed dead, 4 unvaxxed dead. Same right ? Why discriminate unvaxxed fr going to malls and dining in? Why?

This is done, as the MIW becomes more desperate, and wants to reduce the number of infections to it's lowest possible, in the fastest way possible.  Thence they put up strict measures to curb the rising covid infections and deaths...

(10-10-2021, 10:09 AM)lionkingch55 Wrote:  Don't worry lah. By the time imported infection go up, natural herd immunity build up already in local population.

1 year later? Rotfl

(10-10-2021, 08:25 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Ruling party will continue to draw 60% over and they will not see any drops in supports.

Because the civil servants will have a based line along with the new convert citizens. To see a drop in support with the ruling party will take another 10-15 years when their pockets or career are affected. Otherwise ruling party will continue to be the majority in parliament.

this time I doubt it.  I don't think I can be wrong.

(10-10-2021, 09:33 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Support from elderly and parents with young children are drifting away, 
civil servant included.
Ruling party knows they fumble 60% threshold.

You are right, especially the Medeka Generation.  They have decided its time to switch. Change needed. 

Many elderlies had retired prematurely due to the vaccination.  Death got no link to the vaccine? Then why the spike in deaths among the vaccinated and the unvaccinated especially the elderly citizen?

(10-10-2021, 10:58 AM)debono Wrote:  This is done, as the MIW becomes more desperate, and wants to reduce the number of infections to it's lowest possible, in the fastest way possible.  Thence they put up strict measures to curb the rising covid infections and deaths...

In the end what happen?  Rising new cases. Rising death rate?

(10-10-2021, 10:58 AM)debono Wrote:  This is done, as the MIW becomes more desperate, and wants to reduce the number of infections to it's lowest possible, in the fastest way possible.  Thence they put up strict measures to curb the rising covid infections and deaths...
Before they stop reporting vax status. 80+% of infected were vaxxed! Now you know why they stop reporting. It's not going according to script

Let's maintain a moment of silence for the 11 decreased.

They are someone's father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, great grandfather, great grandmother and so on..

On the day they passed on, they are known to this world as just a figure, '11'.

These 11 decreased might not have died, if only govt act faster and more decisive..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(10-10-2021, 11:59 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Before they stop reporting vax status. 80+% of infected were vaxxed! Now you know why they stop reporting. It's not going according to script

If numbers don't go down to tens and and it stop reporting, then tourists unlikely to choose Singapore too.

Actually from this covid saga, I realized while Singapore population are highly educated, most seem to leave their sense of sharpness or reasoning the moment they are off work.

No wonder PAP continue to win in election.

If Singaporean were to use their profession skills to question the right things for more info, there will reach a point where govt got no choice but to release info, bit by bit. The more info is released, then more people dig deeper, like what accountant or auditor does at work.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

today, next week should be hitting 4k mark,
this crappy PM already once again beforehand mention hor.

He do mention coming days, weeks got people RIP and increasing cases. They ALREADY have the first hand data.
I always " suspect " they daily release the data is old data and slowly increase, manipluate it
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

our education system has been proven to suck. thats why we are being told we dont have the right talent

so no, majority are stupid and sheep
thats why this s hite discrimination can go on

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(10-10-2021, 01:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  today, next week should be hitting 4k mark,
this crappy PM already once again beforehand mention hor.

He do mention coming days, weeks got people RIP and increasing cases. They ALREADY have the first hand data.
I always " suspect " they daily release the data is old data and slowly increase, manipluate it

The MIW had indicated  that infection rate may reach 5,000 infections per day. But they are now in a panic mode, desperately  wanting the infection rate to be reduced, and had planned various methods to reduce infections.  It is not too late to implement these measures, and make them in our good books....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

base on daily death case we are position 54/223
base on daily new case we are position 18/223

Thinking  Are we at peak?

(10-10-2021, 02:01 PM)debono Wrote:  The MIW had indicated  that infection rate may reach 5,000 infections per day. But they are now in a panic mode, desperately  wanting the infection rate to be reduced, and had planned various methods to reduce infections.  It is not too late to implement these measures, and make them in our good books....

That is right. PAP is now controlling and regulating the infection rate so that the hospitals are not overwhelmed. It is like allowing the number of citizens to get infected per day which is quite similar to the procedure of allocating the number of citizens to get vaccinated per day previously..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(10-10-2021, 05:54 PM)babygirl Wrote:  Clapping

(10-10-2021, 10:44 AM)forum456 Wrote:  why vaccines cannot protect people above 80 ?

can we have vaccines that can protect people above 80 ?

Vaccines cannot protect even a 30 year old fully.  It is only 95% efficacious, and it gets lower if you take Sinovac.

We all wish there is a silver bullet which can immunize us 100% once and for all time, regardless of whether you are 1 year old or 101 years old.  Unfortunately for the whole of humanity and not just PAP supporters or oppies who are trying to stir, c19 is something the world had never seen before.  Unless anyone here works/worked in healthcare, nobody at this forum had ever worn a mask for this many months in all his life. 

This is how serious this pandemic is.

The government, our government, is working within the limits of known science.  Anything more that you want, you have to say a prayer to the right God.

(10-10-2021, 02:11 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  That is right. PAP is now controlling and regulating the infection rate so that the hospitals are not overwhelmed. It is like allowing the number of citizens to get infected per day which is quite similar to the procedure of allocating the number of citizens to get vaccinated per day previously..... Big Grin

Did not see they doing much apart talking about vaccine, maybe restriction movements for unvaccinated can be consider one 
during SARS 1.0, bus and taxi allow glasses are left open, but now there is no attempt to do that.

Govt can also advise people to install filter as may help to reduce transmission
https://www.news-medical.net/news/202110...light.aspx

For those people not suitable to take any vaccine at all, govt should looks ways to help them.
apart from the well known sol
Merck Says Its Antiviral Pill Is Effective Against Covid ...
Search domain nytimes.comhttps://www.nytimes.com › 2021 › 10 › 01 › business › covid-antiviral-pill-merck.html
Oct 1, 2021Merck's pill is badly needed in poorer parts of the world, where vaccination rates remain low and antibody treatments are mostly unavailable. But that will necessitate a widely available, cheap ...

Govt ought to try out cheaper options
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/...ungs-study
FRIDAY, Sept. 24, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- A saltwater solution may help stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus in its tracks, Brazilian researchers report.

if one do not use science correctly, then unnecessary deaths will happen. 

We must learn for the right approaches whoever they are. 
It can be third world and poor, if they get it right then we must learned from them.