Why some S'poreans complain S'pore managed to get exclusive to Taylor Swift?

If you are Malaysian or Thai I can understand if you are a fan and have to fly in to watch her, you would complain about the move by sg govt to secure exclusive with her .

However it makes no sense for Singaporeans to complain. If you are a fan, you gain because you don't have to fly somewhere else. If you are not a fan Taylor Swift performing here brings jn $500M to our economy.

If you want to complain our govt pays $3M to bring her in. $3M is very well spent not only the economic benefits but the marketing Singapore to world wide Swifties is well worth the money.

So Singaporeans  who criticise have no good reason to do so...they just want to complain against the govt.

As for other govts around the region, if there was no exclusive deal, Taylor Swift may done at most only one other stop in the region. Most countries would have been left out anyway.

Recently Jap singer made only one stop in the region and that was in Jakarta...Singapore fans had to fly there to watch her.

A big star like Taylor Swift don't need to hop around in the region because she pulls people in to where she performs.

Singapore is probably the only place in  the region where she can fill the $1800 seats. Thats why she is here.

[Image: czIsK4t.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

my only complaint is that why the govt never sponsor my fav JAV to perform here.

(04-03-2024, 01:12 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  my only complaint is that why the govt never sponsor my fav JAV to perform here.

Because they cannot sponsor every single one just the biggest star on this planet.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

the benefit to the economy does it trickle down to the common man?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(04-03-2024, 01:15 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Because they cannot sponsor every single one just the biggest star on this planet.

she is the biggest star on this planet?

my JAV star bigger, at least C cup.

Actually I don't really see the whole thing as beneficial to everyone over the longer term. Sure for this particular round Singapore got a good deal with the low exclusive fees which brought in much bigger tourism dollars, the same goes for fans who don't need to travel.

However now that the previous longstanding market equilibrium is broken, I expect in the future all ASEAN countries will bid up the exclusive fees on other A listers (including Swift when she comes back in the future) in the entertainment and sports world. Such exclusive fees will spike through the roof and eventually customers / fans / tax payers will be the ones footing the exorbitant tickets.

Singapore soccer fans will remember the good old days when they had to pay $80 just for a WC live telecast because Singtel and Starhub were busy outbidding each other on exclusive arrangements. It's the same market dynamic. The only ones benefitting in the end will be the celebrities and their agencies.

These are foreigners pretending to be Singaporean. Especially the ones living and working over here.

Or some disgruntled ex Singaporean, opposition Singaporean using opportunity to create grievance among Singaporean. For political agendas and nothing else...

Alamak some ppl made some complaints you aso need to pay attention to them? Eat too full nothing to do?

TS get relationship with Singapore. 
Her grandma and mother stayed here before.

Rough estimates, GST earned likely around 30M?
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post