As PM Lee turns 70, no clear successor in sight

(12-02-2022, 07:01 PM)guffaw Wrote:  How to be influential when we are merely red dot?

Sadly, he cannot even influence his brother, sister and nephew.

Although he is not indispensable but @ 70, that old man is not willing to give up his seat.

Why is he so desperate,?

Obviously, PM Lee won't give up his throne so easily.

He is sitting on a gold.mine

(12-02-2022, 12:36 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Yes.

Just as good.

But they were running the country in different eras and different circumstances.

MM LKY might not have achieved what PM LHL achieved because the former's style would not go down well with today's oppies who'd use online media to attack him.  Last time, he could ban newspaper, but now it is hard with online media....last time there was no such thing as crowdfunding.

You make me laugh until non stop… Rotfl
LKY was my respected leader. He was a legend. 10 to 15 years ago, if you were in the forum saying bad thing about them, you would whack upside down by majority of the forumers. Now you see what happen?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

劳苦功高。

(12-02-2022, 12:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I really hope he will stay on as a Senior Minister and GCT would be Minister Mentor.

The 39% had been hoping that LOTO Singh would become PM Singh but now they know that his leadership cmi....

Why do you want Mr Peanuts to stay on as MM? Useless and wasting taxpayers money. Angry

tomorrow will be a better day

(13-02-2022, 03:14 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Obviously, PM Lee won't give up his throne so easily.

He is sitting on a gold.mine

He will get his just rewards.

[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(12-02-2022, 07:11 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Sadly, he cannot even influence his brother, sister and nephew.

Can't put his own house in order, you expect him to put this red dot in order? Thinking

[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

he need to clone himself

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(13-02-2022, 10:28 AM)Rainforest Wrote:  he need to clone himself

Copied cloned dolly the sheep

Expedite the successor process, before he becomes a liability.
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

(13-02-2022, 08:02 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Expedite the successor process, before he becomes a liability.

Sudden cardiac arrest will be a serious circuit breaker trips for whole nation.

Power outage

Being the 2nd longest serving leader in the world today, PM Lee himself has created the situation for Singapore.

A clear reflection of his personal characters.

Good or bad, you be the judge

Now opposition weakened by own lies after lies, so this part is less of worry, but election still 4 years away, transition still possible if it is happening this year or next

I think hard to pick a leader because now all loyal to own kpi, i m not sure is Facebook followers count is one of them, but in older days, kpi is all about sacrifice and make things work for survival, leader is naturally born quite obvious
Today kpi is far less than that because we are affluent, so element of survival and sacrifice is and no crisis on exist
You can only count on statistics to measure the candidate fit for pm, is a very westernised metrics, i m not saying not good, but you will get results that one candidate is not far better or worst than another

Agreed CCS is the obvious choice.
We need someone who is keen for this job, so far I see only CCS the only one keen.
Even LW or OYK seems to contented with deputy.(You still get paid)

(14-02-2022, 09:20 AM)puntfast2 Wrote:  Agreed CCS is the obvious choice.
We need someone who is keen for this job, so far I see only CCS the only one keen.
Even LW or OYK seems to contented with deputy.(You still get paid)

I beg to differ, I think all three are keen to take on the PM's job.  The threesome are CCS, LW and OYK......why not take the PM's job when one is paid over $2 million and with power at their fingertips.  Anyway the PM will have a army of civil servants to help him in his daily work.  He is entitled to a heavy machinery to run the country, with deputy PM's and the cabinet ministers to rely on.........

In my view, those had helmed defense or finance post stand a good chance
These are the 2 heavyweight post that will guaranteed front row seats

(14-02-2022, 05:19 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  In my view, those had helmed defense or finance post stand a good chance
These are the 2 heavyweight post that will guaranteed front row seats
I concur....

Next election pm will be 74 liao, hsk 65, lawrence wong 53, desmond lee 49, the rest of 4g most will be above 50 but below 60... You can use some math here to count like fortune teller

(14-02-2022, 05:33 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  Next election pm will be 74 liao,  hsk 65, lawrence wong 53, desmond lee 49, the rest of 4g most will be above 50 but below 60... You can use some math here to count like fortune teller
All the 4G leaders are getting on in age.....they should find a younger minister to helm the Premiership....

(12-02-2022, 08:27 AM)Scythian Wrote:  As Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong turns 70, no clear successor is in sight

Lee signalled his intention to step down before he turned 70 but at the height of the pandemic pledged to stay on to steer the city state into calmer waters
With no ‘stand-out’ successor now, the danger is that the eventual leader ‘will not be seen as a clear choice in the first place’, says an ex-MP

OYK cannot ..hopeless
[+] 1 user Likes EXBB's post

(14-02-2022, 05:47 PM)EXBB Wrote:  OYK cannot ..hopeless

He's very good @ catching snakes and climbing ladders

(14-02-2022, 05:23 PM)debono Wrote:  I concur....
Why my nick every now and then changed from debono to "they must"...........

(14-02-2022, 05:33 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  Next election pm will be 74 liao,  hsk 65, lawrence wong 53, desmond lee 49, the rest of 4g most will be above 50 but below 60... You can use some math here to count like fortune teller
HSK.....65, ok 1 to 2 term Smile

A hidden secret strategy of providing only a short runway backfires

What sort of leadership is that?

(14-02-2022, 10:37 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  HSK.....65, ok 1 to 2 term Smile

1 term maybe ok, another 1 term senior minister 

being PM is very different from MP.
MP 70s also ok.

(15-02-2022, 07:28 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  1 term maybe ok, another 1 term senior minister 

being PM is very different from MP.
MP 70s also ok.

Yes, there is a distinction between a PM and a  MP......cos the duties and  responsibilities of a PM is great, and he will be the prime mover to push thru' each policy formulated by ministers...............

all 3 also cannot. need to foreign search other to take care sg. they are good and efficient. first of all, they are not that highly paid like our minister.

To me he already retired enjoying life by typing FB posts and checking emails...

Confused

(15-02-2022, 08:51 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  To me he already retired enjoying life by typing FB posts and checking emails...

I don't think he is having an easy life, being the PM will mean he must looked into the important issues of a nation, and give speeches to accede to voters fear and anxiety.......