As PM Lee turns 70, no clear successor in sight

(15-02-2022, 08:58 AM)debono Wrote:  I don't think he is having an easy life, being the PM will mean he must looked into the important issues of a nation, and give speeches to accede to voters fear and anxiety.......

U DONT KNOW THE ARMY OF SPIES,INTELLIGENCE UNITS N TONS OF CIVIL SERVANTS AT HIS CALLING BY JUST PRESSING A BUTTON
BRAINSTORMING ,THATS ALL
HE JUST NEED TO GIVE A YES OR NO TO WHICH SUGGESTION
NO NEED FOR HIM TO THINK.

U THINK LIU BANG (HAN DYNASTY 1ST EMPEROR) WAS AN INTELLIGENT MAN?

HIS ENTHRONEMENT WAS DUE NOT  TO HIS SMARTNESS BUT HIS ABLE ADVISORS.

Actually when hsk made that announcement of short run way, i interpret it as "is now or never"
He basically show hand, just like in poker

(15-02-2022, 07:37 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  Actually when hsk made that announcement of short run way,  i interpret it as "is now or never"
He basically show hand,  just like in poker

(15-02-2022, 05:42 PM)talky Wrote:  U DONT KNOW THE ARMY OF SPIES,INTELLIGENCE UNITS N TONS OF CIVIL SERVANTS AT HIS CALLING BY JUST PRESSING A BUTTON
BRAINSTORMING ,THATS ALL

LIU bang was a rascal b4 he became an emperor n  also a womaniser.

Lawrence Wong is the one the closer can " make it " at least

Chan Chun Sing or Ong YK " if " plot twist PM choose either these two, can SELL OFF YOUR STOCKS , asset.

(15-02-2022, 05:42 PM)talky Wrote:  U DONT KNOW THE ARMY OF SPIES,INTELLIGENCE UNITS N TONS OF CIVIL SERVANTS AT HIS CALLING BY JUST PRESSING A BUTTON
BRAINSTORMING ,THATS ALL

Liu Bang is indeed an intelligent man.
Don’t blindly read from the history textbook.

Although he was a hooligan,
He could inspire and make Low SES ppl became good General. Rotfl

得民心得天下,这就是刘邦厉害的地方。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(16-02-2022, 07:10 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Liu Bang is indeed an intelligent man.
Don’t blindly read from the history textbook.

Although he was a hooligan,
He could inspire and make Low SES ppl became good General. Rotfl

得民心得天下,这就是刘邦厉害的地方。

WHEN HE 1ST ENTERED THE CHIN PALACE N WANTED TO ENJOYED LIFE THERE N THEN HAD IT NOT BEEN SIEW HO WHO ADVISED AGAINST IT COULD HE STILL BE THE HAN EMPEROR?.

HE WAS NOT A COOL PERSON ,MADE FEW MISTAKES N SAVED BY THE ADVISOR SEOW HO
W/O SEOW HO N HAN SIN (THE GENERAL) HW WOULD BE DEFEATED BY XIANG YEE.XIANG YEE WAS DEFEATED BECOS HE WENT AGAINST HIS ADVISOR

a person father and mum age is indication of how many more years. so still can serve.
can have L plate one first. then at least can build confidence without disruptions.

No one is suitable

(13-02-2022, 09:49 AM)surfer Wrote:  Why do you want Mr Peanuts to stay on as MM? Useless and wasting taxpayers money. Angry

Are you a new citizen?

Seems like you have never heard of the phrase "More good years" being used to refer to GCT's terms of office.  Singapore did well under him....

Cannot deal with domestic problem yet, got time for Russian invasion.

Too free is it?

(26-02-2022, 12:19 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Are you a new citizen?

Seems like you have never heard of the phrase "More good years" being used to refer to GCT's terms of office.  Singapore did well under him....

I'm born and raised here. I'm a third generation Singaporean . More good years ? What has Mr Peanuts contribute as MM. Fuckall.

tomorrow will be a better day

(12-02-2022, 08:28 AM)Scythian Wrote:  A major problem - it's too expensive and too late to build a runaway for anyone now..

No one can match Heng Swee Keat.

Nobody is indispensable.

The problem is not that we have no successor but rather, we have at least four who are able to take over.

It's like walking into a hawker centre, and you see char kway teow, wanton min, bak chor mee, and you don't know which to order because you like all of them.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(26-02-2022, 01:13 PM)surfer Wrote:  I'm born and raised here. I'm a third generation Singaporean . More good years ? What has Mr Peanuts contribute as MM. Fuckall.

Look around you.

A picture says a thousand words.

(26-02-2022, 01:16 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Look around you.

A picture says a thousand words.

Picture remained the same as far as I'm concerned.

(26-02-2022, 02:02 PM)surfer Wrote:  Picture remained the same as far as I'm concerned.

That's why I don't believe you.  You are a new citizen.  Your picture is only maybe a few years here.  Earlier than that, you were probably still in KL or Penang.

(26-02-2022, 02:07 PM)Oyk Wrote:  That's why I don't believe you.  You are a new citizen.  Your picture is only maybe a few years here.  Earlier than that, you were probably still in KL or Penang.

Whether you believe me or not that's up to you. For all I know you are the new citizen. And probably younger than me too.

I've been through the Bukit Timah flood in the 1960s because my school was there.

(26-02-2022, 09:27 PM)surfer Wrote:  Whether you believe me or not that's up to you. For all I know you are the new citizen. And probably younger than me too.

I've been through the Bukit Timah flood in the 1960s because my school was there.

Now this is getting even harder to believe.  

All the school on Bukit Timah Road are good schools.

Do you expect me to believe you studied in one of the schools there?

Or did you mean to write Bukit Indah, JB?

(26-02-2022, 09:34 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Now this is getting even harder to believe.  

All the school on Bukit Timah Road are good schools.

Do you expect me to believe you studied in one of the schools there?

Or did you mean to write Bukit Indah, JB?
As I've mentioned whether you believe or not, not my problem.
Your simple brain cannot compute my studying in an elite school.

(27-02-2022, 09:32 AM)surfer Wrote:  As I've mentioned whether you believe or not, not my problem.
Your simple brain cannot compute my studying in an elite school.

Yours is a victimless form of bragging.  No harm is done to anyone here.  It's just kaki kong kaki song.

So, I shall leave you to continue day dreaming.  You heypi can already.

(27-02-2022, 09:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Yours is a victimless form of bragging.  No harm is done to anyone here.  It's just kaki kong kaki song.

So, I shall leave you to continue day dreaming.  You heypi can already.

I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone ,neither am I bragging.  Tongue
You've started this chain of dialogue from post 72.

(27-02-2022, 09:47 AM)surfer Wrote:  I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone ,neither am I bragging.  Tongue
You've started this chain of dialogue from post 72.

If it makes you heypi to call it a "dialogue" I shall likewise leave it and not insist that your were day dreaming and bragging to inflate your online ego a little..

That said, I agree that you have nothing to prove to us.  How true!

(12-02-2022, 08:27 AM)Scythian Wrote:  As Singapore’s PM Lee Hsien Loong turns 70, no clear successor is in sight

Lee signalled his intention to step down before he turned 70 but at the height of the pandemic pledged to stay on to steer the city state into calmer waters
With no ‘stand-out’ successor now, the danger is that the eventual leader ‘will not be seen as a clear choice in the first place’, says an ex-MP

Actually he has no intention of leaving. To me, he’s living in fear of losing “something” or “everything” when he leaves. He just want the control of everything, just like his father. His guilt fuels his fear. What if he steps down, Yang and Ling cause more problems and reveal more stunning fact, and he is helpless to do anything? What if his nephew Sheng Wu, returns and leads the oppositions? What if a high profile personality not aligned to him challenges the next presidency? What if there’s even a much better person takes over Pitram as WP Chief, and he no longer able to fix him? What if finally someone leaks out his wife past incomes and he can’t defend it? What if his sister in law comes back to haunt him? What if there’s a fight among the new leadership after he steps now? You cant possibly see CCS and OYK or LW working in harmony. So many what if’s? Headache.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

Actually, anyone of the 4 can do.

All PM Lee wants is a YES Men, obedient and knows how to whack the opposition.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

This is a top job and not easy for everyone also.

(05-03-2022, 11:02 AM)Ola Wrote:  Actually, anyone of the 4 can do.

All PM Lee wants is a YES Men, obedient and knows how to whack the opposition.

Stop talking nonsense, will you?

Who says the next Cabinet will be coming from the PAP?

Huh???!!!

WP will win the next GE!

RK will make a comeback!

WP needs her to help win SK GRC again!

SK voters love RK deep deep!

And this will be the new Cabinet:-!

Prime Minister:  Pritam Singh (can dice with words very well, can handle Putin and Xi both together)
DPM:  Silvia Lim (White hair matches Teo Chee Hean)
Home Affairs Minister:  RK (she has experience dealing with the police)
Manpower Minister:  Jamus Lim (he champions minimum wage)
Law Minister:  Daniel Tan (He has experience in the COP)
Communications Minister:  Gerald Giam (He works in IT as a mid level executive)
Muslim Affairs Minister:  Faisal (He will set aside half the naval ship to be a halal kitchen)
Transport Minister:  Nicole Seah (When she takes MRT, even gays become straight....good for TFR)

(27-02-2022, 10:10 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  Actually he has no intention of leaving. To me, he’s living in fear of losing “something” or “everything” when he leaves. He just want the control of everything, just like his father. His guilt fuels his fear. What if he steps down, Yang and Ling cause more problems and reveal more stunning fact, and he is helpless to do anything? What if his nephew Sheng Wu, returns and leads the oppositions? What if a high profile personality not aligned to him challenges the next presidency? What if there’s even a much better person takes over Pitram as WP Chief, and he no longer able to fix him? What if finally someone leaks out his wife past incomes and he can’t defend it? What if his sister in law comes back to haunt him? What if there’s a fight among the new leadership after he steps now? You cant possibly see CCS and OYK or LW working in harmony. So many what if’s? Headache.

Anything can be a "what if".

What is Yang's gay son decides to enter politics?  What happens if Yang's chewren fall out with one another, just like LKY's chewren are now not on cordial terms?

What if WP split?

Many What ifs....

Let the Citizens run lor...why must be always One person dictating millions of citizene what to do...should be citizens decide what they want mah.