China sentences US citizen to life in prison for spying

Countries collect intelligence on each other all the time...business entities, individuals, investors also collect intelligence

The question is where does it cross the line and become illegal. The legal boundary is not clear in China.

If the person bribe someone to get hold of state secret that is spying. Clear cut.

However, if he spend time talking to various people to find out what is going on ...is that illegal in China?

Not just this case  An Australian reporter has been detained  also accused of spying.
[Image: OOFrX0O.jpg]

In most countries so long as data is obtained legally you cannot charge them for crimes.

However the problem with China is there is no clear boundary.

At the present moment there are probably thousands of Chinese in USA collecting various data about the US and sending it back to China intelligence agencies. So long as the data is not illegally obtained they are not charged.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

If one is collecting sensitive info illegally, ofc he shd be arrested. Since you dun know about this case, can just leave it to them to do their jobs

Chinese spying in US is quite extensive.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(16-05-2023, 06:59 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If one is collecting sensitive info illegally, ofc he shd be arrested. Since you dun know about this case, can just leave it to them to do their jobs

They can do their jobs sure.

But the way they are doing is causing apprehension as it is not clear ....they can arrest anyone who collects data.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/m...ying-raids

(16-05-2023, 07:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They can do their jobs sure.

But the way they are doing is causing apprehension as it is not clear ....they can arrest anyone who collects data.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/m...ying-raids

Are you involved in those cases, or just relying on reports by those anti china media?

(15-05-2023, 01:27 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  all the former communist state all arrest USA journalist

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65234451

Unfair, is it? 冤枉 哈?    

US, your master, is known to spy even on allies, like Germany, France and UK. Merkel phone conversations were eavesdropped, not true?   

狗改不了吃屎的习惯啦。Your flg cult chief, how? Living or shot dead by white/black man already?  

(16-05-2023, 07:25 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Are you involved in those cases, or just relying on reports by those anti china media?

He didn’t know US has 东厂and 西厂? Rotfl
He only believes in western media lah.
跟三季人讲道理是讲不通 lah.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

something extra appears on my comptr desktop a browserlink from leuren by itself
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-05-16-07-31-21.png]

[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-05-16-07-47-44.png]

[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-05-16-07-52-40.png]

unfinished work
leuren calling singlion....
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-05-16-07-58-39.png]

Should change back to death penalty by live firing. Then no more anti-Chinese and anti ccp attack here in sgtalk. More peaceful.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(15-05-2023, 02:41 PM)pervertosan Wrote:  true chinese will not support ccp trash…u r.nothing but a hj dog Laughing

Rubbish assertion.

Harvard survey found support rate for CCP leader in china is always 80 to 95%.

So, 1.4 billion people are not true Chinese.

You can only utter rubbish from your smelly mouth.  

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

Talking without basis and evidence.

(16-05-2023, 08:25 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Rubbish assertion.

True Chinese will also not curse their own ancestors causing their 18 generations to sufer ill health and poverty.

(16-05-2023, 08:25 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Rubbish assertion.

stupid little bitch….did i give u permission to talk? Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes pervertosan's post

(16-05-2023, 10:04 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  stupid little bitch….did i give u permission to talk? Sleepy

How cum today lao gay sounds so niang niang qiang leh? Finally decided to cut already? Laughing

(16-05-2023, 10:21 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  How cum today lao gay sounds so niang niang qiang leh? Finally decided to cut already?  Laughing

Rotfl finally the gayfuk panda appear to defend his boyfriends
[+] 2 users Like pervertosan's post

(16-05-2023, 10:44 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  Rotfl finally the gayfuk panda appear to defend his boyfriends

Lao gay, how's yr smelly xiamìan today? Stinky as usual? Laughing

(16-05-2023, 10:04 AM)pervertosan Wrote:  stupid little bitch….did i give u permission to talk? Sleepy

Childish, low IQ statement.  

(16-05-2023, 11:00 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Childish, low IQ statement.  

This is the expected result when edmw ban all these people,  they come here.

(15-05-2023, 02:31 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  I am proud of my heritage as a Chinese and also happy with the achievements of China. 

You are not?  Thinking

You are a Malaysian not a Chinese. What heritage are you talking about? Your heritage is Muar otah.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(16-05-2023, 06:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Countries collect intelligence on each other all the time...business entities, individuals, investors also collect intelligence

The question is where does it cross the line and become illegal. The legal boundary is not clear in China.

If the person bribe someone to get hold of state secret that is spying. Clear cut.

However, if he spend time talking to various people to find out what is going on ...is that illegal in China?

Not just this case  An Australian reporter has been detained  also accused of spying.
[Image: OOFrX0O.jpg]

In most countries so long as data is obtained legally you cannot charge them for crimes.

However the problem with China is there is no clear boundary.

At the present moment there are probably thousands of Chinese in USA collecting various data about the US and sending it back to China intelligence agencies. So long as the data is not illegally obtained they are not charged.

What you said is a truism. The communists won't arrest someone for merely doing a survey asking how often they eat mala or whether they drink diet Coke or mao tai with mala.

(16-05-2023, 11:22 AM)Clyde Wrote:  This is the expected result when edmw ban all these people,  they come here.

Yeah. That's why we have members like Manthink, Aiptasia, lvlrsSTI, Sentinel in this forum using new nicks or their nicks there here. 

All were pbanned from edmw.    Big Grin

(16-05-2023, 11:25 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You are a Malaysian not a Chinese. What heritage are you talking about? Your heritage is Muar otah.

OMG!!!

Goatflower toking Goat Language or Flower LANGUAGE or simply, Cok Language?  Rotfl

(16-05-2023, 11:42 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  OMG!!!

Goatflower toking Goat Language or Flower LANGUAGE or simply, Cok Language?  Rotfl

You seem ashamed of your motherland.  Rolleyes

(16-05-2023, 11:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Yeah. That's why we have members like Manthink, Aiptasia, lvlrsSTI, Sentinel in this forum using new nicks or their nicks there here. 

All were pbanned from edmw.    Big Grin
Many of them are not new nick here but you are very eagar to get rip of them, or are you trying to shoo them to edmw?

(16-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You seem ashamed of your motherland.  Rolleyes

You seem to be ashame to admit whether you are posting Goat Language, Flower Language or Cok Language?  Thinking

(16-05-2023, 10:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is endangering lives of these people and broken the law.

You're right

(16-05-2023, 11:00 AM)webinarian Wrote:  Childish, low IQ statement.  

stupid cunt…again talk without permission Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes pervertosan's post