Cholesterol drug cuts coronavirus infection by 70%, researchers find

(10-08-2021, 04:41 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  duno about that. simple common food like bitter gourd not only good for reducing cholesterol, but aso help control diabetes:

There are quite a lot of Youtube videos on foods that raises HDL (e.g. Niacin or Vit B3), but not sure if they work.

As for TCM herbs, Danshen 丹参 is the only one that I'd found previously that can raise HDL (table 4 below).
It can also inhibit the aggregation of platelet, which is beneficial for both covid patients and the blood clot risk from the spikes in the covid vaccines.
But heard from a TCM doc years ago that taking this Danshen _alone_ may cause some problem (can't rem wat it is).
What do you think? Smile

https://baike.baidu.com/item/丹参/53612

Danshen ( Salvia miltiorrhiza ) Compounds Improve the Biochemical Indices of the Patients with Coronary Heart Disease
https://www.researchgate.net/publication...rt_Disease
[Image: Table-4-of-PDF.png]

Not all people eg like frail elderly and underlying illness work well with vaccine,
because their immune already decline so if substitute is safer then should always
be available as an option.

(10-08-2021, 05:34 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I was told my ldl too high even if my hdl is good. Actually I have high cholesterol, diabetes (6.2), very good blood pressure (maybe even low blood pressure cos each time I squat down and stand up I like faint...). Sian..

ic.. coz my cholesterol is also total = 5+, den the LDL is slightly crossed the borderline high level. the polyclinic doc say try to keep to dieting & excercise to bring it down and didnt suggest any meds.

(11-08-2021, 08:51 AM)OLT Wrote:  ic.. coz my cholesterol is also total = 5+, den the LDL is slightly crossed the borderline high level. the polyclinic doc say try to keep to dieting & excercise to bring it down and didnt suggest any meds.

Taking curry leaves can lower the cholesterol effectively......... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(11-08-2021, 10:21 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Taking curry leaves can lower the cholesterol effectively......... Rolleyes

really ah?  everytime i eat vegetarian bee hoon, i picked out the curry leave from the kali cai..

next time will just eat it..

(11-08-2021, 10:46 AM)OLT Wrote:  really ah?  everytime i eat vegetarian bee hoon, i picked out the curry leave from the kali cai..

next time will just eat it..
Those little bit of curry leaves not enough lah. There are many ways to take for lowering cholesterol which you can Google and follow.

Here are two commonly used ways....

1. Pour boiling water on about 30 leaves and drink them as tea on empty stomach every morning.
2. Blend about 30 leaves with a cup of water. Filter out the blended leaves with clean filter and drink the water on empty stomach every morning.
Rolleyes

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Just saw the video below some months back and realised that not all LDLs are bad.
The good type doesn't plaque and LDL is necessary for many functions of the body, including cell membrane.
Hopefully such differentiated LDL testing is available here in Spore and I will request it for my next blood test.

(11-08-2021, 10:57 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Those little bit of curry leaves not enough lah. There are many ways to take for lowering cholesterol which you can Google and follow.

Here are two commonly used ways....

1. Pour boiling water on about 30 leaves and drink them as tea on empty stomach every morning.
2. Blend about 30 leaves with a cup of water. Filter out the blended leaves with clean filter and drink the water on empty stomach every morning.
Rolleyes

Curry leaves will improve cholesterol level very slowly. My mother has slightly high levels and she drinks curry leave tea every morning, with quite a copious amount of leaves. Her cholesterol only came down very slightly after 2 months.

Just saw this video as well and I find his presentation and the comments within to be very informative.

https://southernafrican.news/2020/01/02/...or-health/

for lowering cholesterol, this one very powderful. but not many ppl take because it's extremely bitter

(11-08-2021, 03:20 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Curry leaves will improve cholesterol level very slowly. My mother has slightly high levels and she drinks curry leave tea every morning, with quite a copious amount of leaves. Her cholesterol only came down very slightly after 2 months.

Cholesterol is very.hard to come down unless one goes on intensive diet of zero oil, zero fat food and intensive exercise like jogging 10 km twice a day where one can lose up to10kg in a couple of months. Dun think many folks can do such regime. Thus, let the cholesterol lowers gradually......... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(11-08-2021, 03:38 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Cholesterol is very.hard to come down unless one goes on intensive diet of zero oil, zero fat food and intensive exercise like jogging 10 km twice a day where one can lose up to10kg in a couple of months. Dun think many folks can do such regime. Thus, let the cholesterol lowers gradually......... Rolleyes

Come come learn from me. My cholesterol is only 130 and my secret is to eat lots of eggs.

(11-08-2021, 06:42 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Come come learn from me. My cholesterol is only 130 and my secret is to eat lots of eggs.

oh, so your mother shud have no problem with her cholesterol with your egg secret. .... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(11-08-2021, 06:56 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  oh, so your mother shud have no problem with her cholesterol with your egg secret. .... Rolleyes

I don't dare to risk her, and she doesn't trust me. She never believed me in any thing, though I'm always proven right. She likes to go against what I'm doing, hence she's a Christian while I'm a Buddhist  Confused

(11-08-2021, 07:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't dare to risk her, and she doesn't trust me. She never believed me in any thing, though I'm always proven right. She likes to go against what I'm doing, hence she's a Christian while I'm a Buddhist  Rotfl

I suspect she made the right decision with your egg secret...... Rotfl

Carl Jung

(11-08-2021, 06:42 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Come come learn from me. My cholesterol is only 130 and my secret is to eat lots of eggs.

Someone also once swear to me that consuming 2 raw eggs a day helps to lower his cholesterol level.
I believe this lowering effect should be due to the choline in the egg york. Choline helps the liver to metabolise fat better (dietary LDL too), and liver also becomes leaner (non-fatty) as less fat is accumulated. For a person with healthy diet, the majority of the LDL in the blood is actually produced by the liver as LDL is an essential for many things in the body (see 1st video). Excess LDL will be produced if the body is inflamed, eg consuming too much Omega 6 oil (vegetable oils) or sugar/carbo as pointed out in the Dr Paul Mason video above.

Quite a few doctors on youtube also recommend eating them:

Quote:There is a lot of hype going on regarding eggs, particularly about the cholesterol that's in the yolk.  To this date there is no consistent data that shows any relationship between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol.