Taiwan island Power down

This power station is already 40 years old. 
Normally, power station is designed for about 30 years.
What happened those in charge?

(03-03-2022, 10:17 PM)Migrant Wrote:  This power station is already 40 years old. 
Normally, power station is designed for about 30 years.
What happened those in charge?

To answer your question. Due to President Tsai administration had not wanted to admit that their power supply shortage and that they are against to start the nuclear power plant during her administration period. This is despite the latest plant was built in accordance to both Americans and Japanese know-how.

Nothing will happen to those in-charge. 

Yesterday’s power outage has once again proved DPP has been lying to the people on the existing power supply shortage and that they continue to deny that the existing power plant are overworked. But will put the blame on the contractor’s maintenance team failing to operate the generator correctly and fine them.

Few years back one of a major instruments vendor Taiwan’s distributor was fined with a heavy sum (few millions NT) because of one or few control valves were not “working” correctly. When actually it was due to the plant has overworked and many instruments had overheated and/or something to that effect that resulted the plant shutdowns. Causing half of Taiwan were without power supply for almost 3 quarters of the day then.

Anyway DPP administration will blame others never themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

'22.03.04【觀點│唐湘龍時間】蔡英文讓龐佩奧的臉都黑了!

(03-03-2022, 12:51 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Pompeo is in Taipei, hope he won’t get stuck in hotel lift when he goes down to meet President Tsai.

The hotel's have an emergency power generator to operate the lifts.......

(04-03-2022, 08:22 PM)debono Wrote:  The hotel's have an emergency power generator to operate the lifts.......

Which hotels?

(04-03-2022, 08:52 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Which hotels?

Not many people like Pompeo so I doubt his stay in Taipei will officially be announced. But today he gave speech at Grand Hyatt in Taipei, security was tight.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

The people of Taiwan has decided that this is what they want, so their wishes has to be respected, and they have to bear with the consequences..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(04-03-2022, 11:51 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  The people of Taiwan has decided that this is what they want, so their wishes has to be respected, and they have to bear with the consequences..

Totally agreed … every wants have a price …. the problem is can they afford it.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(04-03-2022, 11:57 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Totally agreed … every wants have a price …. the problem is can they afford it.

Absolutely correct…many times they ended up regretting. 

Just like yesterday’s power outage that brought many parts of Taiwan inconvenienced, especially in many southern parts didn’t get their power & mobile phone signal back till late evening. And many retails and eateries business suffer huge losses.

Those who voted for the ddp deserved it. It is a decision to trust the dictator and her dogs. Just continue to vote for them to enjoy more disappointment from the incompetence and corrupted government

台南又停電! 永康區700多戶摸黑2小時 店家生意停擺 台電初步研判地下電纜故障 @中天新聞

(06-03-2022, 12:35 AM)Kgliangp Wrote:  Those who voted for the ddp deserved it. It is a decision to trust the dictator and her dogs. Just continue to vote for them to enjoy more disappointment from the incompetence and corrupted government

Well many here in Taiwan will continue to believe in the excuses that this DPP government sprout out. 

Just on Saturday morning the minister of finance who is in-charge of Taiwan utilities, claimed that the power supply outage was due to human error. What she is doing is to continue to denied that Taiwan has a power crisis.

Best of all the ministries has already shutdown two expired coal fired power plants but had to start one of them again due to Friday’s outage. Which resulted a major pollutions across many parts of Taiwan. Just on Saturday morning alone the sky here in Taipei was clouded with lots of fogs and was cloudy all day long.

Voting in a party that keep chanting on democracy and freedom of speech as their main theme of focus but not really worked for the people due to their incompetence seem to be the thing these days we get to see. 

Worst of all there are no accountability being demand by the people…..because democracy is so important here and it’s all they asked for.

Later will debate about who stepping down already.