Taiwan island Power down

(03-03-2022, 12:53 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  TSMC chip production consumes lots of electricity and water, which may trigger blackout frequently.

No need to bother. Rotfl
Mid range Graphic card pricing has dropped more than 30%…

Now RTX 3060 $800++ can get already.
RTx 3050 even cheaper $500++ can get already.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(03-03-2022, 01:23 PM)Levin Wrote:  How come the whole island blackout? Isn't the power grid segmented? I thought that is the standard design to prevent total blackout?

This is not the first time, it happened a few times in the past 12 months already.

(03-03-2022, 01:11 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Do read what you have wrote…you sick man!

i also have  a friend who married TW girl and they live in SG. This friend heVily criticizes TW DPP often. Believe it's because, after they live elsewhere outside TW and contrast vs DPP govt, they find TW DPP govt is pure bullshit incapable and only good at drumming up anti China sentiments, which in itself could lead to its destruction like UK tragedy being played out...

could be ah tiong's long range military sabotage. scary!

(03-03-2022, 01:23 PM)Levin Wrote:  How come the whole island blackout? Isn't the power grid segmented? I thought that is the standard design to prevent total blackout?

The power supply has returned. Apparently a power plant had an explosion this morning, resulted major part of Taiwan power supply shortage. 

But mobile phone signals are still unstable.

(03-03-2022, 01:33 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  i also have  a friend who married TW girl and they live in SG. This friend heVily criticizes TW DPP often. Believe it's because, after they live elsewhere outside TW and contrast vs DPP govt, they find TW DPP govt is pure bullshit incapable and only good at drumming up anti China sentiments, which in itself could lead to its destruction like UK tragedy being played out...

To be fair, DPP in the 90’s was a very good an aspired opposition. In fact they have brought balanced to the KMT reign then. And back then Lee Teng Hui was very corrupted when he was the party chairman and President of Taiwan. 

But things changed when DPP took the reign, they ended up as corrupted if not worst than KMT. Worse of all unlike KMT, DPP simply leave nothing to share with the people despite their corruptions. 

DPP will take it all into their pockets as mentioned by many of their past supporters…whatever we do, everything will surface in time. Therefore don’t do something that you’re not ready to face the consequences.

Some call it Karma but I like to think that it is what you reap is what you’ve sowed.

[Image: 553-E7-BA8-50-DF-4-B29-95-BF-05-EF3-B32-EF03.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like CHAOS's post

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacif...022-03-03/

https://www.forexlive.com/news/taiwans-p...-20220303/

I want my dimensity 9k chip leh...

What about their vaccines? 
How to freeze them?

Chip production consumes lots of water and electricity, no surprise that power shortage will trigger blackouts from time to time.

Power outage lasted for a few hours, apparently a power station in Kaohsiung has an explosion incident.

This has resulted major power shortage across the whole island.

(03-03-2022, 03:18 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Power outage lasted for a few hours, apparently a power station in Kaohsiung has an explosion incident.

This has resulted major power shortage across the whole island.

The power station is called ‘Hero Power Station’.

Surprising that Taiwan's electricity grid doesn't have any redundancy. One power station down and the whole island kaput. Even Ukraine's electricity is still running.

(03-03-2022, 01:45 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  could be ah tiong's long range military sabotage. scary!

一定是阿共仔搞鬼。 Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(03-03-2022, 03:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  一定是阿共仔搞鬼。 Rotfl

可能而已啦

(03-03-2022, 03:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  一定是阿共仔搞鬼。 Rotfl

在台灣, 民進黨經常會說得 "攏是阿共仔的陰謀" ! Smile

(03-03-2022, 03:19 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The power station is called ‘Hero Power Station’.

Yes, you are right. And they recently donated a huge amount to the Kaohsiung Mayor political funding.

(03-03-2022, 07:03 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Yes, you are right. And they recently donated a huge amount to the Kaohsiung Mayor political funding.

Is electricity back yet? Just now in the news it says even hospitals are affected.

(03-03-2022, 10:04 AM)kangtangman Wrote:  Now my wife is pissed, as this bring inconvenience to many families. She asked why the nuclear plants are not operating?

I told her because DPP refused to let the nuclear plant to operate. Because the government official did not get the “commissioning” for those projects.😂
Like Ukraine
https://youtu.be/xpJu9df_YSU

(03-03-2022, 07:26 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Is electricity back yet? Just now in the news it says even hospitals are affected.

Most of the electricity are back but there are pockets of issues here and there. Communication in Kaohsiung seem to have challenges still, had tried to communicate with my distributor there the line keep dropping off. 

Otherwise Taipei here is back to normal.

(03-03-2022, 08:03 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Like Ukraine
https://youtu.be/xpJu9df_YSU

What do you mean? 

I tried to watch the video but the internet network here is having trouble to download or watch on line for now.

so vulnerable and didn't try to improve?

Internal sabotage perhaps to coincide with pombei'S visit.

(03-03-2022, 08:16 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  so vulnerable and didn't try to improve?

To be frank previously under President Ma the power station company was looking to start a new build nuclear power plant. But DPP used the students and many other ways to stop the power plant from starting. 

And last year they had a referendum trying to revive the "newly" build nuclear power plant but DPP used all effort in preventing it from starting. And this newly build power plant has been in dormant for more than 10 years.....

But due to political reason DPP has not build new plants since. Anyway its a long story here in Taiwan, many now learned that DPP has been lying to the people...this power outage has really proved that DPP cannot managed the states affair but merely milk the reserves that was previously accumulated by KMT....

(03-03-2022, 08:19 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  Internal sabotage perhaps to coincide with pombei'S visit.

Happened many times already in the past years

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/a...2003757590

(03-03-2022, 08:24 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Happened many times already in the past years

Correct this power outage has happened far too many times over the period of President Tsai's reign. But DPP will only keep blaming KMT as well as China for the problems that they have created over the past years in power.

Anyway, many Taiwanese will continue to support DPP because of "democracy" and also to show their defiant against China's one China policy. Such a power outage is seen as a small sacrifice here in Taiwan, even though companies such as TSMC, Foxconn, etc have many times sound up their concerns. 

The people here which were psyched by DPP's politicians will only coined these companies for not being patriotic to ROC or Taiwan for that matters and that they are not supposed to complain but should unite to fight against foreign challenges...

"砰了一声" and steam seems to be leaking from the generator.

[Image: ec0f8be0-1223-11e8-851b-21ca695cbae4-128...190514.jpg]

I am Cumming !! 

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin