DBS service outage 'unacceptable', says MAS

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...032023_cna

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 3 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Because Adnn DBeeS got too many ce.ca IT FTrs there ma
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

due to shortage of IT talents ?

need to import more CECA talents.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Reflect back last time MAS claim “ may “ take action so now ??? “ may +be “ ?

I don't think imposing additional capital requirements is going to help
Peeuse simply cut cost more by offering even cheaper and worser IT support and general service ( by ceca village ppl)
then use the saved money to raise his own pay again.
That is the way to run a slum/ village bank
not the Singapore national bank
[+] 1 user Likes Truebluesg's post

Actually a lot functions are useless in the DBS app.

They always update useless features in their apps. Is more likely DBS IT team is over staff with CECA, so purposely create some work

Just like our Minister , MPs , mayors
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Got F use. Rotfl
System already corrupted.
The CEO still collected millions after few cases of disruption service.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(29-03-2023, 10:28 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually a lot functions are useless in the DBS app.

They always update useless features in their apps. Is more likely DBS IT team is over staff with CECA, so purposely create some work

Just like our Minister , MPs , mayors

So you reckon DBS is overstaffed with CECA...................... Big Grin

Paisay paisay most minister in China now LOL

If banking infrastructure (both physical and digital) is considered a strategic entity/good for a country, such disruptions should rightly be punished with criminal charges of negligence and dereliction of duty for the banking team. From the management heads, all the way down to the backend IT support teams.

Imagine if such an outage or disruption happened within the SAF during a Mob Manning test activation. You can bet careers would be ruined and people would be fined/going to DB. Why is it upper managements of banks are always allowed to insulate themselves from the consequences of their team's fuckups? Any fine/financial penalty like increased capital requirements against the corporate entity is simply one more excuse for them to further cut costs downstream just to keep their books green with obscene profit (not even bare breakeven +10% profit).

Bottomline is, people need to go to jail for such stuff happening. Careers need to be ruined with blacklisting and barring from directorships/management positions. You can excuse a digital system going down as being unforeseen, some new bug in the code cropped up and whatnot. But if it takes almost HALF A DAY to do system recovery without even the notion of a backup version to revert to first, then it is indication that there is serious institutional failings at the organisation running such a system.

SEE ONE WUMAO, KILL ONE WUMAO!!! 
[+] 2 users Like Basic_Strategy's post

Put erp gantries around will help immediate solutions

(29-03-2023, 10:33 PM)Omnipresent88 Wrote:  Paisay paisay most minister in China now LOL

Yeah lo all face red red. Big Grin jin siay suay Rotfl

MAS ceca come out to defend DBS ceca  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(29-03-2023, 10:13 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...032023_cna

Better take out all your money and close account liao lah! Big Grin

(29-03-2023, 10:32 PM)debono Wrote:  So you reckon DBS is overstaffed with CECA...................... Big Grin

I still have a biscuit box with some money inside underneath my bed lah! Big Grin

(29-03-2023, 10:32 PM)debono Wrote:  So you reckon DBS is overstaffed with CECA...................... Big Grin

last time there was a case of a bank
which employ totally ceca ah nehs at dunno 38floor of the bank
the pap minister had to go down and have a 'talk' with the bank

they never mention which bank or wat happened to the 'talk'
[+] 2 users Like singaporean1964's post

(30-03-2023, 06:23 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Better take out all your money and close account liao lah! Big Grin

I have already done it. Left only small amount in DBS. Rotfl

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

This is the second time after a similar incident in 2020. DBS has hired entire villages of CECAS both in Singapore and in CECAland to run their IT operations.

Predictably, this is the end result. Remember the Boeing dreamliners crashing and killing many lives due to glitchy software? That's also caused by hiring CECAs to do the job.

You get what you pay for when hiring CECAs!
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(30-03-2023, 06:18 AM)winbig Wrote:  MAS ceca come out to defend DBS ceca  Laughing

Where?  I wish to read it

(29-03-2023, 10:33 PM)Omnipresent88 Wrote:  Paisay paisay most minister in China now LOL

Singaporean bank topic can link until China minister…

神经病。

(29-03-2023, 10:13 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...032023_cna

Time to make money... For government. But What the bank customer get.???

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

are the bank going to compensate me for my loses ?

(30-03-2023, 06:18 AM)winbig Wrote:  MAS ceca come out to defend DBS ceca  Laughing

why not ?

(30-03-2023, 07:49 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Where?  I wish to read it

Say unacceptable but just say say only to appease the public.

(30-03-2023, 08:09 AM)winbig Wrote:  Say unacceptable but just say say only to appease the public.

what you expect them to do ?

disband the bank ?

All Dbs/Posb account holders should be compensated with $100 each for the inconvenience caused.

Saying "sorry", apologies etc are useless. They cannot make good for the damage that's been done. 

Real solid action is necessary to appease people for any wrong doing.

(29-03-2023, 10:18 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Because Adnn DBeeS got too many ce.ca IT FTrs there ma

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...eo-3309261

every users should be given a $100 cash voucher as compensation.

Is it China staff there overseeing those CECA thats why all broke down?

"unacceptable" is what all MAS can do ?