Female IDF soldiers posed for photographs amidst the death and destruction of Gaza

(26-02-2024, 08:31 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Israel is showing restraint because there are still Israeli civilians being held hostage in Gaza. 

If there are no social media, they can nuke and say hostages are killed by Hamas. But now cannot cos got social media

(26-02-2024, 09:36 AM)winbig Wrote:  If there are no social media, they can nuke and say hostages are killed by Hamas. But now cannot cos got social media

Even with social media, Hamas' supporters claim that the photos of Palestinian human shields are "Israeli propaganda".  

(26-02-2024, 08:24 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Hamas propaganda aided by sympathisers/supporters of terrorism.

The photo was taken by an lsraeli freelance photographer working for  Associated Press.

Background is the actual ruins of one of towns in Gaza while the IDF females soldiers in the pic are deployed as border guards.

Dated Monday, Feb. 19, 2024. (AP Photo/Tsafrir Abayov)
[Image: 86ccf18ec237779511e3d5fa21ffdcef90e822f0]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

The photographer has an IG account here he publish his works...That photo is one of 2 he has taken from the same location.

https://www.instagram.com/tsafrir_photoj

(26-02-2024, 12:32 PM)Manthink Wrote:  The photo was taken by an lsraeli freelance photographer working for  Associated Press. Background is the actual ruins of one of towns in Gaza while the IDF females soldiers in the pic are deployed as border guards.

[Image: 86ccf18ec237779511e3d5fa21ffdcef90e822f0]

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this photo even if it is authentic. The IDF ladies are taking a wefie, but the background is definitely NOT the ruins of Gaza. For so many soldiers to fit into the pic, there will be almost no background.

(26-02-2024, 12:36 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this photo even if it is authentic. The IDF ladies are taking a wefie, but the background is definitely NOT the ruins of Gaza. For so many soldiers to fit into the pic, there will be almost no background.

Errr...which part of my post hv I stated the moral context of what the Photo meant ?

In fact, the issue here isn't about what the why these IDF were caught laughing while taking "wefie", but rather it all depends on the READERS to decide the REAL background on why the Israeli photographer took this and shared it on social media.

However, I agree with you is that Photo does show "so many (IDF) soldiers" who clearly were enjoying themselves and having fun in that image...

(26-02-2024, 12:43 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Errr...which part of my post hv I stated the moral context of what the Photo meant ?
In fact, the issue here isn't about what the why these IDF were caught laughing while taking "wefie", but rather it all depends on the READERS to decide the REAL background on why the Israeli photographer took this and shared it on social media.However, I agree with you is that Photo does show "so many (IDF) soldiers" who clearly were enjoying themselves and having fun in that image.

In which part of my pose did I mention that you stated the moral context of that photo? I was merely mentioning that this is a wefie and the background (if any at all) is not in the direction of the ruins of Gaza. People would smile for a wefie regardless of whether it is taken in a time of peace or war. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

I have attended many Christian weddings and funerals where guests were smiling at the camera. It is because in the Christian context, both are happy occasions. Even in the event of an earthly death, a believer will go home to be with his/her God. Even as visitors mourn the dear departed, they believe that the deceased has gone to a better place. In the case of IDF female soldiers on duty, the brief respite to take a wefie doesn't mean they are happy - the ladies are just smiling for the camera. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(26-02-2024, 12:51 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  
In which part of my pose did I mention that you stated the moral context of that photo? I was merely mentioning that this is a wefie and the background (if any at all) is not in the direction of the ruins of Gaza. People would smile for a wefie regardless of whether it is taken in a time of peace or war. 

That's the fun part - Do you know what moral context I was referring to?

Perhaps a re-fresher is needed on what was said both about use of nuke and denial of the photo authenticity. Big Grin

(26-02-2024, 08:26 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If Israel didn't show more restraint, they would have nuked Gaza back to the Stone Age.

(26-02-2024, 08:24 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  
Hamas propaganda aided by sympathisers/supporters of terrorism.