Foreigner to Singaporeans : This is your downfall

https://www.tiktok.com/@manmeet1505/vide...4585531655?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

His own downfall. 
Say what he wants, we know what we are doing.

Such video you aso watch and repost? Eat full nothing better to do?

So he prefer a weaker currency?  Cannot go abroad? Hmm... strange wishes. 
He should try working in foreign countries.

(27-02-2024, 07:53 AM)moonrab Wrote:  So he prefer a weaker currency?  Cannot go abroad? Hmm... strange wishes. He should try working in foreign countries.

I don't know any other country in the world that welcomes foreigners and discriminates against its own citizens like S'pore. "Jobs for foreigners, NS for locals and pay hike for Ministers". That is our downfall. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(27-02-2024, 07:39 AM)Migrant Wrote:  His own downfall. Say what he wants, we know what we are doing.

Why do our leaders absorbing all these ungrateful unemployed PMEs from India when our own graduates cannot find jobs?

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

(27-02-2024, 08:05 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I don't know any other country in the world that welcomes foreigners and discriminates against its own citizens like S'pore. "Jobs for foreigners, NS for locals and pay hike for Ministers". That is our downfall. 

Without foreigners workers. 

Who built your hdb town, cut your hair, take care of your bedridden elderly, operate the hawker food stall, f&b service, shop assistant, drive your bus, etc....
Which foreign MNC investors want to come here without foreign workers availability? 

Talk Only la...🤭

(27-02-2024, 08:12 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Without foreigners workers. Who built your hdb town, cut your hair, take care of your bedridden elderly, operate the hawker food stall, f&b service, shop assistant, drive your bus, etc....Which foreign MNC investors want to come here without foreign workers availability? Talk Only la.

The whole point of bringing in foreign workers is to perform the jobs that locals shun. In S'pore's case, our Govt is bringing in foreigners to take away white collar jobs from citizens, driving scores of displaced local PMEs to blue collar jobs. 
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(27-02-2024, 08:17 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The whole point of bringing in foreign workers is to perform the jobs that locals shun. In S'pore's case, our Govt is bringing in foreigners to take away white collar jobs from citizens, driving scores of displaced local PMEs to blue collar jobs. 

No foreign MNC investment, where got jobs for local PMET?
You think we have enough locals PMET for the thousands of foreign investors? 

And our neighbouring countries including Malaysia are fighting hard with tooth and nail for FDI.
Wake up!

Do you know why our neighbour is sceptical in supplying water and energy to us?
Because they don't want Singapore to have the natural resources required for Foreign Direct Investment.
Hopefully with restrictions, FID will choose them instead of us.

There is one aspect of the FT policies that affects Singapore greatly.

1. Singapore has a greying population. Many trying to retire from decades of work and less able to find work

2. For this group of people cost of living is biggest concern as they have to live on their savings which was earned over past decades when incomes were not so high.

3. By bringing in foreigners and artificially growing the population the cost of living rises and the savings of this very large group become inadequate .

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I seriously dont know what he is complaining about

if your currency is strong abroad ..its a good thing

without Foriegners ...your essential services is going to make your purchasing power even weaker for basic services

All this opposition for check and balance , Agree ... the Lees are stepping down from power and a younger generation is taking over

(27-02-2024, 08:27 AM)BigNLong Wrote:  I seriously dont know what he is complaining about

if your currency is strong abroad ..its a good thing

without Foriegners ...your essential services is going to make your purchasing power even weaker for basic services

All this opposition for check and balance , Agree ... the Lees are stepping down from power and a younger generation is taking over

I think he said It is good that SGD js strong overseas....however it js weak locally due to inflation because cost of living crisis in Singaporeans means $50 don't buy as much as before.

He is not saying strong SGD is bad. Just that inflation negates the benefits of strong SGD.

One key factor driving inflation is the large influx of foreigners 

Try to slowly understand what people say instead of jumping jnto conclusion.

He is right...$50 can buy shit in singapore! You have to travel abroad to make full use of the sing dollars!

hello
more fts means i get less chance to win toto!~
understand! #$#@!$%#%

(27-02-2024, 08:05 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I don't know any other country in the world that welcomes foreigners and discriminates against its own citizens like S'pore. "Jobs for foreigners, NS for locals and pay hike for Ministers". That is our downfall. 

Why dun you choose a mrt station and hold a placard like my botak bro? Too shy to do that?

So are the civilizations and empires throughout history ... All built by foreigners ...

(27-02-2024, 09:06 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Why dun you choose a mrt station and hold a placard like my botak bro? Too shy to do that?

Just use permanent ink and head to work after that

[Image: 87-pbx-IWm-Sv6m8lm-W5m-SX72cqj-Rsiu27-Tx...is-Jg.webp]

(27-02-2024, 08:42 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  He is right...$50 can buy shit in singapore! You have to travel abroad to make full use of the sing dollars!

Even $1 million will only get us the remaining lease on a HDB flat that belongs to the Govt.

(27-02-2024, 08:24 AM)moonrab Wrote:  No foreign MNC investment, where got jobs for local PMET? You think we have enough locals PMET for the thousands of foreign investors? 

Please read carefully in future to avoid misunderstandings. I did not say ban ALL foreign PMEs!  Bring them in to perform jobs that locals shun or are unqualified to do. Do not bring foreigners in to displace or deny S'poreans from jobs that we are able to do. 

(27-02-2024, 10:09 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Please read carefully in future to avoid misunderstandings. I did not say ban ALL foreign PMEs!  Bring them in to perform jobs that locals shun or are unqualified to do. Do not bring foreigners in to displace or deny S'poreans from jobs that we are able to do. 

I think the PAP strategy is not so hard to understand. They bring jn foreigners to artificially boost growth.  Thus alone we may not take issue it boils down to number and overall impact.

But what pissarro me off is this.

The PAP brings in more foreigners than say it is because Singaporeans for not having  children...low fertility. But the number of foreigners they bring in exceed what is needed to compensate for low fertility.

Also, bringing in so many actually cause our fertility to fall further as high population density causes fertility rate to fall ...

(27-02-2024, 10:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think the PAP strategy is not so hard to understand. They bring jn foreigners to artificially boost growth.  Thus alone we may not take issue it boils down to number and overall impact.But what pissarro me off is this.The PAP brings in more foreigners than say it is because Singaporeans for not having  children...low fertility. But the number of foreigners they bring in exceed what is needed to compensate for low fertility.Also, bringing in so many actually cause our fertility to fall further as high population density causes fertility rate to fall ...

Overcrowding has caused the cost of living to shoot up, so most S'porean couples will be further discouraged from giving birth or will have only 1 child.  

(27-02-2024, 10:09 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Please read carefully in future to avoid misunderstandings. I did not say ban ALL foreign PMEs!  Bring them in to perform jobs that locals shun or are unqualified to do. Do not bring foreigners in to displace or deny S'poreans from jobs that we are 

Under a microscope: Foreigners and firms face tougher scrutiny under new EP application policy
Applicants will now need to pass a points-based evaluation and meet a higher qualifying salary.

Securing an employment pass (EP) in Singapore has always been "cumbersome," which is why it would not be surprising if firms—especially those looking to hire more foreigners for niche jobs—would have a negative reaction to the imposition of stricter rules for work permit applications. But according to Drew & Napier LLC's Co-Head of Employment, Kelvin Tan, the new rules hold several advantages for employers.

Tan told Singapore Business Review that there will be two main changes to EP applications: 1) an increase in the qualifying salaries which will be benchmarked to the top 33% of local professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMET) by age; and 2) the introduction of the new points-based Complementarity Assessment (COMPASS) framework.

“Raising the qualifying salaries for EP applications goes towards ensuring that EP holders are comparable in quality to the top one-third of our local PMET workforce,” said Tan.

Changes in salary and evaluation

According to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the revised minimum qualifying salary for foreign workers for all sectors except financial services is $5,000, up from the previous $4,500. For the financial services sector, the minimum qualifying salary was raised to $5,500 from $5,000.

The revised rule on salaries will be applied to new EP applications from 1 September 2022 and EP renewals from 1 September 2023.

In terms of the evaluation, there will be objective criteria that determine how points are awarded to EP applications. Applicants will be required to get at least 40 points in order to pass.

"The new policy is designed to be a transparent system so that businesses and applicants will have a clearer idea as to whether they meet the criteria for obtaining an EP and have greater clarity and predictability for manpower planning," Tan said.

All the criteria in the COMPASS framework are "tradeable" and "none is a veto factor," explained Tan. This means that if the application garnered 0 points for firm-related attributes but got at least 40 for the individual attributes, the applicant still passes the COMPASS.

Businesses who score poorly on the assessment, however, still have to watch their backs, said Tan, adding that MOM is planning to re-purpose its Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) Watchlist, which "identities employers with indications of discriminatory hiring practices."

After COMPASS is fully rolled out, Tan said the watchlist will focus on the firms that scored poorly and help them strengthen their workforce profile, and adjust to the new framework.

Employers who are found to be in breach of the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices will be at the risk of being debarred from hiring foreign employees, even if foreign employee candidates pass the COMPASS framework, Tan added.

Better new policy

Apart from the two new changes, one of the main differences between the old and the new policy is the review of firms hiring foreign talent, Ng Zhao Yang, local principal in the employment practice of Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow, told Singapore Business Review.

The COMPASS framework, for example, now takes into consideration factors that relate to the employing company and not only with respect to the applicant's credentials.

"This means that the companies who wish to employ a foreigner will need to ensure that their own credentials are good. Therefore the COMPASS framework is the culmination of the MOM's efforts to amend the application process to take into account the employing company as well," Ng said.

We are so lucky to get the good people to come here. 
When you visit the hosipital, nurses taking care of you are mostly foreigners.  Appreciate the help we are getting.

(27-02-2024, 10:04 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Just use permanent ink and head to work after that

[Image: 87-pbx-IWm-Sv6m8lm-W5m-SX72cqj-Rsiu27-Tx...is-Jg.webp]

Too chicken compared to my brother

(27-02-2024, 01:40 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Too chicken compared to my brother

I have a full-time job to go to. Your bro is "in between jobs" i.e. unemployed so he has all the time in the world to stand at the MRT station.

[Image: Protest.jpg]

(27-02-2024, 11:43 AM)Migrant Wrote:  We are so lucky to get the good people to come here. When you visit the hosipital, nurses taking care of you are mostly foreigners.  Appreciate the help we are getting.

You don't seem to understand that Sinkies are not against foreigners taking jobs that locals shun or are unqualified to perform. We are against fake talents taking PME jobs away from Sinkies. That's all.

PAP万岁万万岁
PAP万岁万万岁

(28-02-2024, 11:42 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I have a full-time job to go to. Your bro is "in between jobs" i.e. unemployed so he has all the time in the world to stand at the MRT station.

[Image: Protest.jpg]

He rents out his inherited D15 apartment for 7.5k a month, that's why he's so free. You still need to work from hands to mouth?

(28-02-2024, 11:45 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  You don't seem to understand that Sinkies are not against foreigners taking jobs that locals shun or are unqualified to perform. We are against fake talents taking PME jobs away from Sinkies. That's all.

I totally agrees with you and even TS. There are forumers who don’t understand the basic logic. We are totally against too excessive S-pass and E-pass hv been given to so-called FTs. These lots deprived many Singaporeans and those grads of getting a job, or rather, competing with foreigners. This in long run, wil be detrimental to our country and our future generations. My support wil always goes to the Oppositions.

(28-02-2024, 12:18 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  He rents out his inherited D15 apartment for 7.5k a month, that's why he's so free. You still need to work from hands to mouth?

To be honest, I am still working because I am in my early 50s, wish to remain active and engaged, have a purpose in life, somewhere to drive my car to on weekdays and fear boredom. I have set aside enough and have sufficient investments to not have to work if I choose to. I thank God for that.