Halal bak kut teh

FOODMalay Food Vendor in SG Makes Beef Version of Bak Kut Teh Which Has Become the Stall’s Signature Dish

https://worldofbuzz.com/malay-food-vendo...ture-dish/

Laughing

How in Singapore? Should it not be in Malaysia as their Heritage Food?🤔

bak kut is pork in hokkien.

25 years of selling gu bak kut teh certainly can become heritage food of Sg, invented and sold and enjoyed by all races.

Certainly can become the heritage food of Sg.

Saudi Singaporia

(07-03-2024, 11:26 AM)Stoki Wrote:  25 years of selling gu bak kut teh certainly can become heritage food of Sg, invented and sold and enjoyed by all races.

Certainly can become the heritage food of Sg.

Oh no, a war is coming..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(07-03-2024, 10:16 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  bak kut is pork in hokkien.

Kut is bone. Do not forget the bone which will make the soup tasty if boiled for a long time.

Teochew fish ball noodles used to make the soup with pork bones. But nowadays they just use stock. 

And the bkt, a lot of them merely boil till the bak is cooked but not long enough for the kut to give its fragrance and taste. Save gas I suppose..

I don't know about gu bak. Beef cannot be boiled for long. Do they use cow bones for the soup?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Bak = meat = 肉  

Kut = bone = 骨  

Bak kut = meat bone = 肉骨 

no connection with pork.   

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

(07-03-2024, 11:28 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  Saudi Singaporia

You need to go to China and see for yourself, get educated, that the Chinese enjoy eating beef far more than your mother did.

There are more cows in China than the entire population of Singapore and they are reared for milk and to be slaughtered for food. The volume is so huge that you know what? Leather is dirt cheap and you can buy a genuine leather wallet online from China for one tenth of the price you pay in a department store here. It's of course a Chinese brand but the quality is top class.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(07-03-2024, 12:20 PM)webinarian Wrote:        
Bak = meat = 肉  

Kut = bone = 骨  

Bak kut = meat bone = 肉骨 

no connection with pork.   

When the Hokkiens say bak they mean pork. It's a lazy way of saying ter bak. They truncated the first word.

No need to twist and turn.  Rolleyes

(07-03-2024, 12:26 PM)Oyk Wrote:  When the Hokkiens say bak they mean pork. It's a lazy way of saying ter bak. They truncated the first word.

No need to twist and turn.  Rolleyes

Yes, for those who knows the tradition of BKT.
For generations, it is pork ribs soup.
And nothing else
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(07-03-2024, 10:16 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  bak kut is pork in hokkien.

Is meat and bone.

Smile

Halal bak kwa...chicken!

(07-03-2024, 12:24 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You need to go to China and see for yourself, get educated, that the Chinese enjoy eating beef far more than your mother did.

There are more cows in China than the entire population of Singapore and they are reared for milk and to be slaughtered for food. The volume is so huge that you know what? Leather is dirt cheap and you can buy a genuine leather wallet online from China for one tenth of the price you pay in a department store here. It's of course a Chinese brand but the quality is top class.

Pls lah! im not talking about food
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

Pls don't call it halal bkt. Call it mutton or beef bone soup
Becos BKT stands for Pork Rib soup. So pls respect our tradional original recipe without corrupting it.

(07-03-2024, 01:12 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Is meat and bone.

I think if one translates directly, from hokkien wording name of the dish into a sentence. 
Bak is meat.
Kut is bone
Teh is tea.

You may contemplate it to be meat, bone, tea dish. 

But that's not the case from the historical name of that dish. Because Bak Kut Teh actually is the name for Pork Rib Soup with Chinese Tea.

Example Kar Ta Chia is the name for Bicycle. 
But if you use translation from hokkien words into a sentence. 
Kar is Leg
Ta is Step on
Chia is Car...
Then it becomes Leg Step on Car...🤣🤣🤣

Get it?
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(07-03-2024, 03:06 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  Pls lah! im not talking about food

Of course you were not. You were talking nonsense..  Rolleyes

https://weirdkaya.com/pas-mp-insists-tha...pork-meat/

(07-03-2024, 03:06 PM)CHAOS Wrote:  Pls lah! im not talking about food

He wrote so much without what you're talking about

(07-03-2024, 04:40 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Pls don't call it halal bkt. Call it mutton or beef bone soup
Becos BKT stands for Pork Rib soup. So pls respect our tradional original recipe without corrupting it.

That's the point

(07-03-2024, 04:40 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Pls don't call it halal bkt. Call it mutton or beef bone soup

But the Malaysian Minister Tiong wants to argue that bak means meat and it can be the flesh of any animal when he damn well knows that bak as used in this dish is pork. Change it to some other animal and the taste is not the same.

It's like 茶叶蛋。You can say 蛋 means egg and you can use any egg you want. But the traditional recipe uses chicken eggs and not bird eggs or duck eggs or snake eggs.

Taken to its logical conclusion, bak chor mee can become a heritage food because well the bak can be chicken and instead of using lard, you use vegetable oil and it's halal?

(07-03-2024, 01:10 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes, for those who knows the tradition of BKT.
For generations, it is pork ribs soup.
And nothing else

I have not eaten beef kut teh or mutton kut teh but I don't think I would need a leap of imagination to know that the taste will be so different that these two would become two different dishes which ain't bak kut teh as it should be.

Bak kut teh must be cooked with pork ribs. Non negotiable.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Bosses eat meat, workers eat BKT with some meat.
[+] 1 user Likes Rubitin's post

(07-03-2024, 05:44 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  Bosses eat meat, workers eat BKT with some meat.

Reminds me of the time when we were poor and could not afford to eat fish, so we ate a bowl of noodles for the carbs we needed and a few slices of fish cake and 3 small fish balls made from cheap fish.

Meanwhile the British ate a whole slab of fish fillet with potato chips.  Today our yoomers and zoomers take these for granted.

I hope this is not sold in Singapore. It is like Vegetarians eating mock meat.

Gu bak kut teh and kuay bak kut teh actually taste very nice.

Thumbsup

8Umbrella Umbrella

(07-03-2024, 12:20 PM)webinarian Wrote:        
Bak = meat = 肉  

Kut = bone = 骨  

Bak kut = meat bone = 肉骨 

no connection with pork.   

M’sian minister also said that. But M’sian halal MPs just like to argue for arguments sake.

Gesti-109

So, are they going to make halal 烧肉 soon ??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Some packet drinks aso labelled halal

I thought it just means "bone meat soup".