How to unlock such drawer?

How to unlock such drawers?. One turn of the key will unlock 3 drawers.  Lost the key.
[Image: 20211201-105255.jpg]

use a power drill to drill at the key hole of the lock.

Usually a paper clip should do the trick. The key hole is actually one of the simplest out there will minimum flags that you need to depress to allow it to turn.

Try wiggling a paper clip in the key hole.

(01-12-2021, 11:53 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Usually a paper clip should do the trick. The key hole is actually one of the simplest out there will minimum flags that you need to depress to allow it to turn.

Try wiggling a paper clip in the key hole.

Tried to no avail. Paper clip not strong enough. Also tried with the smallest screwdriver. 

The lock is unlike ordinary single drawer lock. I think this lock encompasses a  hook that lifted the vertical bar connected to all 3 drawers when turned.

even if it can be unlocked, it has no use since the key couldnt be found

Call the company which supplied the drawer.

(01-12-2021, 11:09 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  How to unlock such drawers?. One turn of the key will unlock 3 drawers.  Lost the key.

How is the back panel secured? If aluminium rivets, can use a suitable diameter drill bit to drill away the "mushroom" top of the rivets.
It will be easier than drilling the lock that is made of iron or zinc alloy.

(01-12-2021, 11:25 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  use a power drill to drill at the key hole of the lock.

Watch youtube to search for best method to pick the lock.

If really dont know what to do after spending long time to search for a solution or dont have power drill. Use sledge hammer and Flat head screwdriver to knock off the lock head.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-12-2021, 01:19 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Tried to no avail. Paper clip not strong enough. Also tried with the smallest screwdriver. 

The lock is unlike ordinary single drawer lock. I think this lock encompasses a  hook that lifted the vertical bar connected to all 3 drawers when turned.

Flip the entire drawer around so gravity helps you to unhook it?

(01-12-2021, 11:09 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  How to unlock such drawers?. One turn of the key will unlock 3 drawers.  Lost the key.
[Image: 20211201-105255.jpg]

Go get a locksmith lah. I have seen a lot of such drawers in offices where the key lock became just a hole. I guess the owners must have tried all means and in the end knocked out that key insert....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Take a lift to the highest flr and throw it down. Sure to open

(01-12-2021, 02:26 PM)sgxin Wrote:  How is the back panel secured? If aluminium rivets, can use a suitable diameter drill bit to drill away the "mushroom" top of the rivets.
It will be easier than drilling the lock that is made of iron or zinc alloy.

The back of the drawer looks like this. No back panel with rivets.  The drawer is heavy and made of solid metal.

[Image: 20211201-231041.jpg]

(01-12-2021, 01:52 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Call the company which supplied the drawer.

FOC from my previous company when they close their branch here. When Company close shop can have free Furnitures- drawer, side cupboard, office chairs, Computor, Compensation package. Big Grin

looks solid 钢水很好

the only vulnerable part is likely the lock itself, the easiest to screw open

(01-12-2021, 04:26 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Go get a locksmith lah. I have seen a lot of such drawers in offices where the key lock became just a hole. I guess the owners must have tried all means and in the end knocked out that key insert....... Rolleyes

Its a pity to waste the drawer like that.

(01-12-2021, 02:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Watch youtube to search for best method to pick the lock.

If really dont know what to do after spending long time to search for a solution or dont have power drill. Use sledge hammer and Flat head screwdriver to knock off the lock head.

These will be the last resort.

(01-12-2021, 05:20 PM):surprised:pinkpanther Wrote:  Take a lift to the highest flr and throw it down. Sure to open

Surprised