I went to buy sardine to stock up this is what I found....

The food situation is not improving anytime soon. Just saw reports of increased starvation in some poor countries.

As part of my stocking up decided to buy canned  sardines. These  be eaten for breakfast.

I checked NTUC. They sold 4 cans for $6 or $1.50 per can...155g per can

[Image: 4HfiEjA.jpg]

I dropped by value dollar shop I found the same sardine for 80cts so I purchased 20 cans since they are almost 50% cheaper than NTUC. 

When I got home, I examined the cans and saw this.
[Image: qTWFj4u.jpg]

The 555 sardines are canned in Philippines.

I did a further check and found that it retais for 17.25 pesos in Philippines - this is 45cts(Singapore)
[Image: 2KSqNj6.jpg]
In summary
NTUC - $1.50
Value$ - 80cts
In Phillipines - 45cts.(retail price)

When purchased from wholesaler, should be.muxh cheaper than 45cts.

Value$ ships it over and sells at roughly half the price of NTUC and stills makes a profit.

NTUC. "Fair price" is selling us at more than triple the retail price in Philippines.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

You don’t shop often at FairPrice is it? Their markup is high. They can sell a drink at $2.10 a bottle and once in a blue moon sell it at 2 for $2.00 and still make a tidy profit from it.
I have bought spaghetti at special offer price of 80 cents a pack from FairPrice before, not on offer because expiring soon too.

if they put that price means can sell lah. can sell because there are buyers

Taste wise, the canned sardines from Philippines can make it or not?

Some brands are simply not consumable albeit they may be cheap.

(15-06-2022, 08:44 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Taste wise, the canned sardines from Philippines can make it or not?

Some brands are simply not consumable albeit they may be cheap.

They are good better than Ayam brand.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Fairprice Group FY2021

Revenue $4.2b
Profit $137m

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

Canned food is no good. Period.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

no wonder ah butt needs to go jb to stock up medicines

NTUc is supposed to selling at Fair Price....😅😅
Complain now for what? Its been selling at @ Fair price....its just in the past its small value. No one noticed but the practice is the same.😄

do not take canned food more than once a week
better avoid
no good for health

Please stop your stocking up of cheap, canned food before it is too late. Your kiasu mentally will be your downfall.

Eat well, live well. Never fear that there will be food shortage. There are abundance of food in our country.

Hope you didn't stock on frozen chickens and durians....

Ah butt now worries about food it’s not no food he worries food price up he can’t afford to buy might starve to death.
He stocks the canned food under his bed? 2 room old flat very small.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(15-06-2022, 09:00 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Canned food is no good.  Period.

Canned food is better than "no food".

Understand?

(15-06-2022, 10:09 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Please stop your stocking up of cheap, canned food before it is too late. Your kiasu mentally will be your downfall.

Eat well, live well. Never fear that there will be food shortage. There are abundance of food in our country.

Hope you didn't stock on frozen chickens and durians....

Of course if can I don't go and eat the can food...it's for emergency in case something happens.

You guy have no concept of contingency planning.

If I go and eat the canned food, I have no more when something happens.

Placee is full of jokers, why would I eat canned food if fresh food is available. The canned food is for when food supply is disrupoted or becomes unaffordable.

People have problem understanding a simple concept and logic.

got stock up rice? gas and water for cooking rice? without rice got sardines aso no use

(15-06-2022, 10:23 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  got stock up rice? gas and water for cooking rice? without rice got sardines aso no use

Why don't stock up water? Government already stock up for you...it is called reservior. You understand.

You can stock up rice but it goes bad if keep to long. Canned food has longer expiry.

What you do with gas you can do with electricity.
If not practical nor safe to store gas in the home

(15-06-2022, 08:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The food situation is not improving anytime soon. Just saw reports of increased starvation in some poor countries.

As part of my stocking up decided to buy canned  sardines. These  be eaten for breakfast.

I dropped by value dollar shop I found the same sardine for 80cts so I purchased 20 cans since they are almost 50% cheaper than NTUC. 

I did a further check and found that it retais for 17.25 pesos in Philippines - this is 45cts(Singapore)

In summary
NTUC - $1.50
Value$ - 80cts

Value$ ships it over and sells at roughly half the price of NTUC and stills makes a profit.

NTUC. "Fair price" is selling us at more than triple the retail price in Philippines.

You are not late. You are VERY late. A thread was started in edmw years ago with hundreds of thousands of posts by now, "Value$ makes me realise how sexpensive Fairprice is".

Sheng Shiong is slightly cheaper than Fairprice in some items but close.  It's no where near Value$.  And SS boss is not a millionaire.  He's a billionaire living in a very very big house.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(15-06-2022, 10:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why don't stock up water? Government already stock up for you...it is called reservior. You understand.

You can stock up rice but it goes bad if keep to long. Canned food has longer expiry.

What you do with gas you can do with electricity.
If not practical nor safe to store gas in the home

you stock up sardines not because of shortages but price hikes right? are you sure the prices of other essential items won't go up except sardines?

(15-06-2022, 09:00 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Canned food is no good.  Period.

Most canned fishes are less processed so not as bad as other canned meats.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

Never tried 555 sardine before
If nice can store lah
When price up sell to neighbours
Lol

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

You better check the EXPIRE date.

NTUC now is really " cunning " PROFIT first they forget the Core mission which LKY open the first NTUC at TPY.

Especially their so call 3 items offer stuffs, they like to put either two or one going to expire soon mix with one still got one or two year before expire date.

NTUC daylight robbery
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

sardines
always buy Ayam brand
traditional to do so over a lifetime

(15-06-2022, 10:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Canned food is better than "no food".

Understand?

Stop your unrealistic fear mongering, Mr Reverse indicator.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(15-06-2022, 11:01 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Most canned fishes are less processed so not as bad as other canned meats.

The sodium content is over the roof. Sgbuffet will eat himself to death soon Laughing

(15-06-2022, 08:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The food situation is not improving anytime soon. Just saw reports of increased starvation in some poor countries.

In summary
NTUC - $1.50
Value$ - 80cts

I think Ang Mo sells cheaper leh!

Dog food.

In summary
NTUC - $1.50
Value$ - 80cts

Did u check the expiry date of the 555 sardines? Food items in value$ shop usually have a shorter expiry date.

becareful when buying non proven brand. some odd brands has fish scale in it.
ie they cook the fish without removing the scale.
possible other unknown content inside.

NTUC is just a tool from PAP gov to collect more money from daft sinkies. Happened for decades...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post