I went to buy sardine to stock up this is what I found....

(16-06-2022, 04:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's just something I noticed about pricing of items.
Whether its a can or a laptop .shopping around can help u save some money...

A successful trade will stress on what supercar to buy not for a can or sardines

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(16-06-2022, 05:12 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  think ah butt got a valid pont. aso need to stock up dog food and chicken feeds and what else hv long expiry dates?

I am sure you are one of those stock up toilet papers during lockdown  Laughing

(16-06-2022, 06:26 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I am sure you are one of those stock up toilet papers during lockdown  Laughing

aiya dun anyhow think lah. I've been using automatic toilet bidet sprays with warm water, blow dryer and vibrating massager for duno how many decades already. you still using toilet paper meh?

(16-06-2022, 06:32 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  aiya dun anyhow think lah. I've been using automatic toilet bidet sprays with warm water, blow dryer and vibrating massager for duno how many decades already. you still using toilet paper meh?

Yeah, I still use toilet paper … nothing wrong with that. Then you must be those who stock up tissue papers then

[Image: Screenshot-20220616-184020-Chrome.jpg]

intelligent toilet, just a few hundreds only.

(16-06-2022, 06:40 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yeah, I still use toilet paper … nothing wrong with that. Then you must be those who stock up tissue papers then

if no toilet paper how? use newspapers?

(16-06-2022, 11:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There are 2 types of people in this world
1. One those who refuse to recognise a problem until it comes
2. Those who see a.potential problem and start preparing so they won't be caught off guard

Recent crypto crash ruin many people's finances why? Because they refuse to recognise the problem and simply wait for it to happen

https://www.iea.org/commentaries/how-the...ood-crisis

1st self denial 2nd type self awareness

(16-06-2022, 06:42 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  if no toilet paper how? use newspapers?

Water and soap wash lah … why you … must people teach meh

Decades ago on an outfield 3 day mission... I took all the sardine cans while another took all the bake beans and one more took another can food I can't recall the type...

After 3 F...k days of nothing but sardines and dog biscuits.. I tell you, always buy bake beans instead of sardine... Lol

Need to add chopped onions,chillie,lime or else not nice to eat.
Very fishy smell

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(15-06-2022, 08:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The food situation is not improving anytime soon. Just saw reports of increased starvation in some poor countries.

As part of my stocking up decided to buy canned  sardines. These  be eaten for breakfast.

I checked NTUC. They sold 4 cans for $6 or $1.50 per can...155g per can

[Image: 4HfiEjA.jpg]

I dropped by value dollar shop I found the same sardine for 80cts so I purchased 20 cans since they are almost 50% cheaper than NTUC. 

When I got home, I examined the cans and saw this.
[Image: qTWFj4u.jpg]

The 555 sardines are canned in Philippines.

I did a further check and found that it retais for 17.25 pesos in Philippines - this is 45cts(Singapore)
[Image: 2KSqNj6.jpg]
In summary
NTUC - $1.50
Value$ - 80cts
In Phillipines - 45cts.(retail price)

When purchased from wholesaler, should be.muxh cheaper than 45cts.

Value$ ships it over and sells at roughly half the price of NTUC and stills makes a profit.

NTUC. "Fair price" is selling us at more than triple the retail price in Philippines.

heng ar 

i went NTUC to buy this 

[Image: state_express_555_gold_box_carton.jpg]

If you don't want to starve, be rich enough to own your land to grow some stuffs and a big house to store more food.. 24 cans of sardine is not going to last 2 weeks.

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

I am thinking of storing up arms

No arms, cant defend your food storage
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(16-06-2022, 11:26 PM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  If you don't want to starve, be rich enough to own your land to grow some stuffs and a big house to store more food.. 24 cans of sardine is not going to last 2 weeks.

Ah Butt will live 14 days more than others when food runs out in Singapore....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(16-06-2022, 08:52 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  heng ar 

i went NTUC to buy this 

[Image: state_express_555_gold_box_carton.jpg]

Better than the $11 cai PNG at mayflower hawker center

(17-06-2022, 12:13 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ah Butt will live 14 days more than others when food runs out in Singapore....... Big Grin

That's cold comfort to him Laughing

He may run back to Muar at this rate Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(17-06-2022, 06:14 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  That's cold comfort to him Laughing

better do early learn gardening skills not skillfuture
planting kangkong maize chicken running around with eggs not a bad idea.
u can collect dead leaves live leaves and start composting add sai.

(17-06-2022, 12:13 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ah Butt will live 14 days more than others when food runs out in Singapore....... Big Grin

When there is a risk, take steps to reduce it. Don't be in denial.

When the crisis occurs it is not just about stay alive. You may see long lines to collect rations or balck market in which pricea shoot up

By being prepared we can cushion a this.

My mom told me many years ago Singapore had drought and insufficient water. People had to queue for govt supplies.

Just 2 years ago when pandemic started there was not enough mask and hand sanitiser cauaing people go queue for hours for limited supplies. Prices rocketed up in sexonsaey markets.

People fail to learn.

[Image: LaqC968.jpg]

[Image: LaqC968.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

TS is the type of kiasee profile that would start a bank run too Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-06-2022, 06:51 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  TS is the type of kiasee profile that would start a bank run too Big Grin
there safety in numbers
a house divided will collapse
sriLanka now suffering added grief
her Brain and wealth POWER rush for passports to escape
SADNESS
only in SingaPOR will u find singlon at age 71 queuing up to be armed under attack

(17-06-2022, 06:39 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  When there is a risk, take steps to reduce it. Don't be in denial.

When the crisis occurs it is not just about stay alive. You may see long lines to collect rations or balck market in which pricea shoot up

By being prepared we can cushion a this.

My mom told me many years ago Singapore had drought and insufficient water. People had to queue for govt supplies.

Just 2 years ago when pandemic started there was not enough mask and hand sanitiser cauaing people go queue for hours for limited supplies. Prices rocketed up in sexonsaey markets.

People fail to learn.
OK lah, very clever. Your 24 cans of sardine will cushion you for 14 days more than others who din stock..... Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(17-06-2022, 06:14 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  That's cold comfort to him Laughing

Laughing

Carl Jung

[Image: 20220617-081443.jpg]

a crazy guy converted his high floor backyard into a coop. everyday can collect a few eggs. strange that nobody complains
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(17-06-2022, 08:19 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: 20220617-081443.jpg]

a crazy guy converted his high floor backyard into a coop. everyday can collect a few eggs. strange that nobody complains

I had the same idea but not sure how to do it leh! I can convert my service balcony into a little farm also. I'm growing tomatoes, chilli, limes, etc... leh!

so far china & korea are known to leased 30yr big land in Africa to farming. farsightedness.
[+] 1 user Likes Blin's post

(17-06-2022, 09:29 AM)Blin Wrote:  so far china & korea are known to leased 30yr  big land in Africa to farming. farsightedness.

Last time Singapore had plenty of farms mah! You were not born yet meh? ChengHooLang Bang Huey Sio Tiao set fire all burned Liao lah!

remember they want to kill you
last step reached when atm no cash
and then they simply press the del key
if u gt troublesome

(17-06-2022, 09:32 AM)singlon Wrote:  remember they want to kill you
last step reached when atm no cash
and then they simply press the del key
if u gt troublesome

Then Ah Butt will quickly jump out and cause a bank run by posting that he withdrew all his money from bank in anticipation of banks collapsing in Singapore with his weird logic in point forms.

Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(17-06-2022, 10:04 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Then Ah Butt will quickly jump out and cause a bank run by posting that he withdrew all his money from bank in anticipation of banks collapsing in Singapore with his weird logic in point forms.

Big Grin
ah Butt cannot even blink
it is total onslaught Haarp active to control his Mind
he will sing: I love CBDC my credit score high
i heard singlon starved to death no nothing even acct deleted
to learn stuffs like Haarp: https://brandnewtube.com/embed/YjVGzjjjhgYmK4b
need time and quiet

Sardine berries smelries.....