Is Union Power also in trouble?

Heard over the news they are terminating 850 accounts. 😱

Want real intel?
All r in trouble.

Seriously hor Singapore gov like no standard. Only enforce and go hard at commoners but always side biz owners.

Why CASE and EMA never come out with statement? Where's the consumer protection? Are these contracts gonna be honored or because these companies decided to throw in towel cos they lose the bet against consumers, the consumer how? Kena forced to Go back to SP or other companies at current rates?

So only gov and biz owners can have the cake and eat it but commoners just pay and pay?
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

Customers roll back to SP power

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

The economists who designed the electric market now diam diam already. All very good at economic theory only.

Soon all customersof 3rd party providers will be transfer back to SP.

Cost biting in

SINGAPORE - Independent electricity retailer Union Power will be scaling down its operations by closing some retail accounts, but it will not exit Singapore's open electricity market.

About 850 of its customers - all of which are commercial customers - will be affected, the company said in a statement on Monday (Oct 18).

Most of its residential customers - the majority of its clientele - will not be affected, it added.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...ore-market

Why is there even market when there just a few power plant...they produce the power just sell directly to customers ....mwhat is the middle man for?...

How does it benefit customer?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-10-2021, 11:34 PM)starbugs Wrote:  The economists who designed the electric market now diam diam already. All very good at economic theory only.

commoners look up upon on blue colar workers  but never on scholars despise scholars mistakes after mistakes what why in a crisis u know whether they are worth the fat pay or not.
pay them thta amt is for their brain to foressee  n foresight not just follow orders BLINDLY

How come no penalty for these service providers who break the contract?

Like that “heads I win tails you lose” type of business I also want to do Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Just signed contract two last month ago on iswitch now tell me contract terminated.
Where is the consumer protection?

(19-10-2021, 07:33 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why is there even market when there just a few power plant...they produce the power just sell directly to customers ....mwhat is the middle man for?...

How does it benefit customer?

Who come out with this scheme and who approve this scheme?

If all the power reseller kaput, maybe affected customers (easily more than 75% of household in sg) can do a class action against ema for failure to manage the market.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Serious stuff
China will not use expensive coal to produce goods for the world.
Asian elders have rejected a climate related green 150T deal to keep Biden regime alive.
It is offficial US corporation will officially declare Bankcruptcy early December.

maybe next Tuas power

In business world, make $$$ continue, once lose $$$ close shop. Why there is no penalty on such providers? Just like China, providers can now or soon charge market rates to end users in order to nudge them to produce electricity. I fear this will be upon us consumers. This tiny island is so small why in the first place have so many middlemen just to show the whole world this is not a communistic setup? Water and electricity are our basic necessities and should not have any middlemen at all. Stupid policy creating SGX Futures derivatives bid/offer all market makers kenna scammed.

(18-10-2021, 11:34 PM)starbugs Wrote:  The economists who designed the electric market now diam diam already. All very good at economic theory only.

They are good at nothing. This model do not make sense to be able to benefit the consumers. The discount they give is not possible to be able to sustain.

One gains, one loses.

Most stupid system where middleman can sell cheaper than the supplier SP. Who created this rubbish and after 2 years become not sustainable.