Looks Like DPP is going to win the election in Taiwan

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-a...l-election
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

More "good years" for Taiwanese future...

Big Grin

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/cna-insi...ei-3677681

[Image: 4891187c267c423bb0176a8a817ad740.png]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

I went to Taipei this year and was surprised that their things are not cheap at all. Maybe only slightly cheaper than Spore's, but their salary is much lower. I can imagine the people are having a difficult life.

Ignore List: Oyk

Many has questioned why the polls show DPP winning? Especially in recent months many of DPP legislators were found to have involved in bribery or scandals which involved adultery.

And more importantly the President candidate house which was build on a land have not paid his property tax for many years.

DPP supporters simply support for the sake of supporting and refused to believe the negative news on DPP party. Very strange, and cult like supporters. But when reports on the opposition these supporters began to harass the oppositions.
[+] 1 user Likes kangtangman's post

(29-12-2023, 10:41 PM)voters kangtangman Wrote:  Many has questioned why the polls show DPP winning? Especially in recent months many of DPP legislators were found to have involved in bribery or scandals which involved adultery.

And more importantly the President candidate house which was build on a land have not paid his property tax for many years.

DPP supporters simply support for the sake of supporting and refused to believe the negative news on DPP party. Very strange, and cult like supporters. But when reports on the opposition these supporters began to harass the oppositions.

Despite all this, Taiwanese voters are wary of the KMT and there is scandal also on tge KMT side.

Main thing is the ties with China. Last thing Taiwanese wants is to end up as another HK under China or tu be economically dependent on China. China can use economic dependence to impose its will on Taiwan.

To preserve their way of life and not come under communism, Taiwan has to beef up its defense and spend more here to deter attacks. So far DPP does a better job than KMT here.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(29-12-2023, 08:46 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-a...l-election

I support him and DPP lah but I can't vote lah! Big Grin Support Taiwan Independence lah!

(30-12-2023, 03:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Despite all this, Taiwanese voters are wary of the KMT and there is scandal also on tge KMT side.

Main thing is the ties with China. Last thing Taiwanese wants is to end up as another HK under China or tu be economically dependent on China. China can use economic dependence to impose its will on Taiwan.

To preserve their way of life and not come under communism, Taiwan has to beef up its defense and spend more here to deter attacks. So far DPP does a better job than KMT here.

Support Taiwan Independence lah! Big Grin Taiwan wants to cut off all ties and relationships with China lah! Ancestors all dead liao lah!

I have no doubts that DPP will win months ago.

Too much suppression during the early KMT years. Although Chiang Ching-kuo took over from his father and became the best premier and later, president Taiwan had in its history, his period of leadership was too short.

(30-12-2023, 06:11 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I support him and DPP lah but I can't vote lah! Big Grin Support Taiwan Independence lah!

China is waiting for them to do it, but they have no ball to do it lah. Rotfl
只会搞意识形态罢了,都喊了那么久。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(30-12-2023, 06:21 AM)Levin Wrote:  I have no doubts that DPP will win months ago.

Too much suppression during the early KMT years. Although Chiang Ching-kuo took over from his father and became the best premier and later, president Taiwan had in its history, his period of leadership was too short.

The problem is DPP will lead ROC to end game if they make a serious mistake in the near future.

台湾百姓很可怜,他们的政客很可恶,没有好好教导台湾可能会陷入的困局。一旦陷入,不可能在翻身。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(30-12-2023, 06:25 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  China is waiting for them to do it, but they have no ball to do it lah. Rotfl
只会搞意识形态罢了,都喊了那么久。

China lousy one lah! Big Grin Only know how to scare Taiwan with all those jets and warships but dare not attack one lah! Fear tactics lah!

(30-12-2023, 06:30 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  China lousy one lah! Big Grin Only know how to scare Taiwan with all those jets and warships but dare not attack one lah! Fear tactics lah!

Think about it why China does it, it actually not to scare Taiwan mainly but US. Do you know how many times, US aircraft carrier runaway?

讲好听一点,中国在保护台湾。
不然早就变成乌克兰。

打仗一定要有出师表,一定要名正言顺。
不可以像西方国家,胡来。

(30-12-2023, 06:34 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Think about it why China does it, it actually not to scare Taiwan mainly but US. Do you know how many times, US aircraft carrier runaway?

There are many China nationals in Taiwan and vice versa leh! Big Grin You think Chinese will kill Chinese meh? Thinking

(30-12-2023, 06:36 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  There are many China nationals in Taiwan and vice versa leh! Big Grin You think Chinese will kill Chinese meh? Thinking

Yes, 华人最大的问题,就是喜欢搞内斗。

[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

(30-12-2023, 06:40 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Yes, 华人最大的问题,就是喜欢搞内斗。

You got a point lah! Big Grin 勾心斗角、自相残杀、争权夺位,等等。。。中国人真行啦!Many PRC supporters here leh!

Shameful taiwanese parliament.

https://youtu.be/zW3cudDZ4n0?si=HuLstbyxG9Z66vKd

Beacon of Democracy in Asia 🤣

(29-12-2023, 09:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I went to Taipei this year and was surprised that their things are not cheap at all. Maybe only slightly cheaper than Spore's, but their salary is much lower. I can imagine the people are having a difficult life.

[Image: IMG-20200109-WA0006.jpg]

[Image: received-1018971134791036.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231230-232751-Photos.jpg]

Been here in 13 Jan 2020, a nice hotel.😁😁
[Image: Screenshot-20231230-233153-Photos.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20231230-235411-Photos.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

(30-12-2023, 03:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Despite all this, Taiwanese voters are wary of the KMT and there is scandal also on tge KMT side.

Well, if one were to look at the period where KMT, and compare them with DPP who runs the island. 

Many younger generations in Taiwan are now beginning to understand whatever DPP used to claim on KMT before. DPP has done more than KMT be it in corruptions, more people loses their jobs in the past 7 years under DPP. And evidences shows that DPP has lost 9 allies as well as most of their legislators were involved in scandals as well as corruptions. 

Is this the kind of democracy country one would accept? Is this how you see Taiwan? 

How much do you really understand Taiwan politics?

(30-12-2023, 11:56 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20231230-235411-Photos.jpg]

You got hug the big kuku bird  Rotfl

(29-12-2023, 08:46 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-a...l-election

The big picture is Taiwanese elections are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, the only reason why they are being accorded a disproportionate amount of news space is journalists wanting to create stories that attract attention.

Having said that if the DPP does manage to hold on to power, then this will likely be a mildly positive development for China over the medium to longer term. In terms of ideology all three parties are the same, i.e. status quo, recognition of ROC and three Nos.

Over the past two decades, the DPP has shown itself to be much better at leading Taiwanese mainstream political opinion compared to the KMT who have nothing to offer to the populace other than betting everything on the DPP screwing up. That is why the DPP always seem to have better momentum despite countless corruption scandals and administrative screw ups.

The onus is on China to create the necessary conditions to push DPP into deeper blue zone from their current light blue pretend to be green politics. This will largely hinge on its wider global strategic competition with the US. If and when they are able to continue the ascension momentum, the DPP and William are much better collaboration partners to effect change management on Taiwanese and ensure an orderly transition towards reunification. KMT is simply too lethargic, fragmented and incompetent to perform the task ahead.

I feel many pro-China supporters are taking things too personally, i.e. they dislike the DPP and William as a person because of their politics instead of seeing these guys as who they are - scumbags who will do and say whatever as long as they can get scraps of power and wealth. KMT and DPP are the same, their members only happen to stand on opposite sides because they think each side can offers them better prospects. 

The true DPP ideologues who believe in Taiwanese independence have all either retired or died, the true KMT reunification idealists have also all been marginalized. The remaining people in both parties are simply opportunists, so for China it probably benefits them if at least the opportunist in power is competent.

For people who think radical change is not possible, I present to them both William Lai and Ko Wenje. Both started out as hardcore deep green dudes. When Ko saw an opportunity appearing between blue and green, he instantly did a wardrobe change and sold himself as a centrist white. Ditto for William who brandished his pro-independence extremist views in the early days and now ridiculously tries to convince everyone he is a ROC defender and light blue guy who does not want to push for independence because Taiwan is already "independent" as ROC.

All these three guys need is a gentle push from the PRC to "change" their political beliefs. The onus is on the PRC to handle its geopolitical expansion steadily and continue its push of US influence out of East Asia and provide the impetus for these gentlemen to change their wardrobe.

(30-12-2023, 06:32 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Shameful taiwanese parliament.

https://youtu.be/zW3cudDZ4n0?si=HuLstbyxG9Z66vKd

unless only know Ingish, we all will know tw corruption level similar to My

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASiU90m0ygE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hylAsFDgaCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eT9UT-hsSQ

Looks like they love poor economy and youth with no future  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

WOW SO YAYA , Foxconn’s Boss Defiantly Confronts the CCP: “They Fear Me...is one is here.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/5069817
The other one kana cut out and turn out into the  rubbish bin... crying lahh.

The other one kana cut out and turn out into the  rubbish bin...  lehh. crying

(02-01-2024, 07:19 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  WOW SO YAYA , Foxconn’s Boss Defiantly Confronts the CCP: “They Fear Me...is one is here.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/5069817
The other one kana cut out and turn out into the  rubbish bin... crying lahh.
The others news paper is cut an throw into the rubbish bin lehh.  crying